October 25, 2014 | 1618 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by pebbles88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this so much!!!

I use it over my Mac Studio Tech Foundation NW47, it just makes my makeup looked 'finished' and it keeps sets on my foundation ALL DAY.
Light wearing with a slight shimmer.
Iv'e gotten so many compliments about how 'fresh' I look every time I wear this powder - so it defo looks very natural.

Great product guys, very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder as an all-over finishng product. It's not an essential, but I do enjoy using it. For reference based on the season I'm NW44/7.5, Estée Lauder Doublewear shade Rich Chestnut, and Revlon Colorstay shade Caramel. I use this powder over my dewy=oily looking Nars tinted moisturizer as an extra step to keep it from separating throughout the day. It's is also great if your foundation is looking dull, or you feel too matte. I don't need this powder. But I would definitely repurchase. It looked too light in the pan but its such a subtle coverage that it works. On its own over primer, it just makes my face look a little more put together. It is not an oil control powder. I still set my face with a translucent powder to keep oil at bay. The packaging is alright. I've had MAC blushes where the plastic top pops out, but this hasn't happened yet with the MSF.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am nc30 skintone and I find that this is a nice sunkissed, bronzy colour, not orange. You can build it up if you need it to be darker. However, as the day goes on I end up looking quite shiny and blotchy, which I dont get with my usual bronzers (like my Rimmel ones) I am combination skin type so not overly oily, I guess its the shimmer that makes me look greasy. I will stick to matte bronzers from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not all MAC products are worthy of the hype or the price, but this one IS. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural/Deep Dark is a great product! It looks gorgeous applied over foundation or directly on the skin. At $30+, this powder ain't cheap, but I do believe it's worth the money.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced drugstore alternative to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural/Deep Dark, I recommend "Milani The Multitasker Face Powder" in 07 - Dark Tan (got mine for less than $2 on clearance at Sears). I wouldn't call the Milani Face Powder a straight-up Mineralize Skinfinish dupe, but the finish is very similar and I love it!

Some women refuse to spend forty bucks on a MAC powder or simply can't afford it. I get it. Personally, I use both products, but wear the Miliani Face Powder regularly and reserve the expensive Mineralize Skinfinish for special occasions.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, I use it over my foundation or if I want a sheer coverage I use it's own. I find if you use to much it does give an orange/red tone so if your an NC50 use this product with a light hand. I might try deep next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by vickermania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this and I loved the coverage it provided and the amount of product at the price point, and it did sort of control oil for me but it broke me out badly and I suspect it contained silicones (which break me out unfortnuately) so I had to return it. If it hadn't been for that I would have had my HG powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeMinahUp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Shade: Deep Dark
Price: $29
Coverage: Sheer-Light-Medium
Finish: Matte With A Glow, Very Natural & Pretty
Color: Oxidizes After 30 Minutes To An Hour
Season: Best In The Fall/Winter But Does Fine In The Summer Time
Application: Moisturize Face, Prime Face With A Good Primer Especially In Areas You Become Increasingly Oily... Let Primer Set In For About 5 Minutes Then Apply Powder With A Powder Brush, I Use The E.L.F. Blush Brush Though Because It Gives More Coverage & Evens Skin Tone Better.
Overall: Staying Power Is So-So...Does Not Control Oil Alone So It Does Need A Good Oil Control Primer Or You Can Blot Throughout The Day But The Finish Is Nice & It Does Not Cause Acne
Disclaimer: You Must Have Flawless Skin To Begin With In Order To Be TRULY Satisfied

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I'm a C3/NC30 so I use this for a bronzer (thanks to GossMakeupArtist on YouTube for the idea). I have a pathetic weakness for bronzers but up until now I didn't own many in the matte range, other than the Cargo one which doesn't really show up on me and I don't want to have to pile it on. This is perfect in that it's predominantly matte (a hint of a healthy sheen) and it has a little bit of a warm red tone that helps make the colour believable, especially when I want to match the tan on my upper chest. I did some research to try to figure out which MSF Natural would work best, ordered online and I'm really happy with this as it's very natural looking. I'd certainly repurchase if anything happened to this one, though I hear these last a looong time. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty powder to wear over foundation- it gives your skin a slight glow. But, this looks way too red on my skin. I wish that there was a color in between Dark and Deep Dark- sometimes, the Dark can start to look at little gray, on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by shawty2321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin that is almost impossible to avoid, I HAVE to blot my skin with blotting paper as the hours go by. With that having said, I hate the "powdery matte" look. It's not my cup of tea at all. The finish I favour is semi-matte which is not shiny/greasy yet my face has a slight sheen to it so it looks natural & subtly glowy hence my skin looks like skin yet flawless. No powder that I have tried has given me this finish & mind you I have tried Mac's blotting powder, Clinique's superbalanced powder foundation, loose powders of many brands. The mac mineralize skin finish natural is the only powder that gives me the finish I favour & the mac counter I went to ran out of deep dark so the lady tried dark on me instead & it looked fabulous on my skin. I use it over my Clinique's anti blemish foundation in fresh golden (07). Anyway, I definitely recommend this if your taste of finish is like me :)