October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Shampoo - Whole Foods 365 Lavender Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by sewalld

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I & my family have had skin allergies for decades. I have tried every shampoo available that does not have the sulfates and found the Whole Foods 365 Lavender Shampoo for Normal + Dry Hair, and the Conditioner to be FANTASTIC!!! No more itchy scalp with patches of raw skin! It has been a confounding dilemma for years and I feel like this is huge. I have long straight hair and I use the conditioner on my scalp and hair then rinse well. I'd like to find out who makes it for their label so I can get it other places as well. (I don't live anywhere near a Whole Foods, but there is one very close to where my daughter lived (but she has moved).
HELP, anyone who can identify same contents with different label, I would really appreciate it?!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Tammie777

If there was a minus, minus, minus 0 rating ; that is what I would give this product!I have long straight hair and everything about this product was horrible. The only thing I liked was that it smelled good...but so does laundry detergent! Is this product ph balanced for hair? They worked so hard with usuing ingredients thats safe for the environment but did theyp keep in mind that its gotta be for human hair? Strands and strands fell out and I knew better than to attempt to brush it! Thank god I had Freeman's conditioner left over ! Never again will I ever buy this..I threw it away! I wouldn't use it to wash my rug! Hiw can ig be safe for theenvironment when it ripped my hair to pieces!

Tam

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by BipedalPrimate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo (and the conditioner) left my hair Dry, Brittle, and Tangled.

I purchased both the lavender shampoo (for normal to dry) and the lavender conditioner (for normal to dry) hair.

I have very long straight hair.

I used both the shampoo and conditioner and when i got out of the shower, my hair felt like brittle straw. I was actually AFRAID my hair was going to break off! I rubbed some macadamia oil into my hair to moisten and soften it before combing out my tangles.

I hate wasting, so today i mixed half the shampoo and half the conditioner together.....and used that as my "shampoo" --- then I added about ten drops of macadamia oil to a handful of just the conditioner and used that to help get the tangles out. These tweaks really helped make this shampoo and conditioner work for me! But trust me I will NEVER buy this shampoo and conditioner again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Background: My hair is currently just below shoulder-length, colored, and highlighted.

This shampoo gave me the worst results of any shampoo I can remember. It made my hair feel brittle and straw-like when wet, crispy once dried, and it caused quite a bit of tangling. I bought the formula for normal to dry hair, but this formula was very drying to my hair.

I waited to review this until I had used other sulfate-free shampoos, to see if my hair simply prefers sulfates, but that is not the case. Other sulfate-free shampoos have worked well for me.

I do not recommend this shampoo at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lzbthmehr22

It's important to note that there are two types of this shampoo, and they have almost identical bottles. One is for oily hair and one is for dry hair. I got the dry hair shampoo and conditioner and love them! The conditioner actually works much better on my fine hair in this cold Massachusetts weather than the intensive garnier and john frieda ones I was using previously. It also smells DELICIOUS!

You need to use a little bit more per wash than other kinds of shampoo, because it doesn't suds as much, but for the price it doesn't really matter.

The only con (and this might be the cold weather - I'm not sure) is that I recently started getting a little dandruff for the first time in my life. Maybe this will subside as my scalp gets used to the new product.

I love the idea of a natural shampoo. I never liked the idea of putting chemicals directly on my head.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was not the first 365 hair product that I had purchased. I had tried the Citrus Grapefruit and the Herbal Mint shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. While I really enjoyed the clean, tingly sensation of the Mint one, there was nothing particularly special about these products. The pros of the products being cheap, socially concious, and leaving your hair feeling clean, made me overlook the con of how dry it sometimes left my hair.

But the Lavendar Blend Shampoo and Conditioner was something else! After 2 uses, my hair felt like straw, I felt a disgusting amount of residue (which I normally never feel), my hair started falling out, and I could barely run a comb through it! I thought I as having a bad hair week, so I stuck with it a couple more weeks, and the nightmare just continued!

I had heard that using a single line of shampoo for too long is not good so I decided switch it up with the Charles Worthington Big Hair line. Not that I was a big fan of that line, but I think that by that time, my hair was already so damaged, Charles Worthington couldn't do anything for me! I took out the 365, and stuck with Charles, and very slowly, my hair started feeling a bit more like it use to, though still a little dry.

I understand that different people have different hair types, but if you have thick, dry, corse hair like mine, you might want to stay away from the 365 Lavendar Blend Shampoo! It destroyed my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by strawberryappleorange

this is a real disappointment. Ever since they changed the formula, the shampoo becomes really watery thus I have to use more. I am used to natural shampoo's non-foaming way of cleansing, but this one just feels too watery. I wish they could condense it more. It smells nice though :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I was looking for a more natural shampoo that didn't contain SLS. It smells great and did the job, but I didn't like that it didn't produce any suds which made it difficult to distribute the product through my hair. My hair is dread locked and I need to make sure that it gets really clean. I use Dr. Bronner's instead. It produces suds and I can dilute it to my liking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by spanxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is great. I personally get dandruff when I use SLS shampoos. It is also free of nasty silicone. Which I suspect is responsible for the WTF!? moment when your beloved shampoo or conditioner stops giving you the results they once did. I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to my hair, aka. lazy. So using different treatments or incorporating a clarifying shampoo doesn't work for me. I find it hard to find natural and simple shampoos I like and I am pleased with this one! It doesn't make my hair smell like incense. It doesn't make my hair look like the beginning of dreadlocks, with a dull waxy hair feel that most natural brands leave behind. Best of all...it is under $4.00 U.S. It's worth giving it a try, if you don't like it Whole Foods will let you return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jessgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo! The lavender is very mellow and it doesn't hang onto your hair all day, which is really nice for people sensitive to perfumes. The first time I used it my 15 yr old son told me my hair was beautiful! I have fine, thick hair that hangs just below my bra strap and even I noticed a difference the first time I used it. My hair was soft and not weighed down at all.
The price is great, there is an ample amount, and it works!

Love love love