July 26, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Copperplate

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mimi2811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the exact colour I was looking for to create a natural Smokey eye. I have a cool skintone with a yellow undertone and often find I struggle finding Brown shades that compliment my skintone. Copperplate is a taupe/grey/medium brown rolled in to one. I genuinely think that this colour would suit most if not all skintones. The texture is great too. Even though it is a matte finish there's no chalkiness whatsoever. Definitely will repurchase and highly recommend to have in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

This falls into the same category as Woodwinked and soft brown for me. I can use this as a one shawdow color, crease, outer v, lower lash line everywhere but the brow bone. This is a chameleon color, a taupe that will lean more brown or gray depending on your skin tone. Weird when I swatched this on my hand it was more taupey brown. On my lid it's a med matte gray. I love it though to smoke out a day look, use it as a wash on my lid, cut the crease. In other words a verseital day friendly color. No it's not a color you will ooh and ahh over but like soft brown it's a color to have in your pallet to blend out looks with your other brighter/frostier colors I think once you have it in your pallet it will be reached for way more frequently than you think. I see some people use it in their brows and as a couture. Because it's more grey on me I don't see that as working for me but on some I think it's a definite try. I believe NYX may have a close dupe but other than that i don't believe there is one. So this is definitely worth the higher price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Another daily favorite here!

I have three taupe shades from MAC right now and they're like three best friends: Omega (yellow-based), Haux (pink-based) and this one Copperplate (gray-based). I use these three ALL THE TIME for day makeup. They're all very pigmented, smooth, blendable and matte shades. I like how they're not too dark so that they don't give me racoon eyes on my pale skin.

Copperplate is very good for doing smokey eyes look on fair neutral/warm skin and brown eyes, like me :) I apply this directly over my eyelid on top of primer, then i apply Haux into my crease (I have a thing for cool eyelids and warm crease combination, it takes away the monochrome look). I finish it off with matte black eyeshadow as liner (MUFE No:4, amazing stuff) applied with an angled brush and blended to look smokey, apply mascara and DONE. My everyday look :)

I also use this as eyebrow powder. It looks natural yet dark enough.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pardon me while I prepare my shields. I'm so gonna get slammed for this. I'd hummed and hawed over this for a while... I can be such a sucker for good reviews. (After all these years I *still* haven't learned...) I didn't jump on the Matte2 bandwagon when it first rolled but I'd always been a little interested. Mattes to me are... kind of a necessary evil. Boring but respectable, and getting a little longer in tooth I figured maybe it was time to have some decent mattes, just in case I needed to be, well, respectable. I made myself a little quad with Blanc Type, Copperplate, Fig.1 and Handwritten. (I figured if I was going to try them, I may as well go ALL IN but for this review we'll just tackle Copperplate). Ok... I was a little hyped up by the reviews so when I actually gave it a try, I guess I expected rainbows to appear out of my bathroom mirror. Nada. Is it silky smooth? Yes! Is it easy to apply? Definitely, though it took a little more layering than I expected to get it to show up. Is it a nice colour? If you consider a light-med slightly taupey grey "nice", I guess so. It's definitely an understated shade. It won't cause people to wolf whistle you from the nose bleed section of the local ice arena but you didn't expect that though, did you? I can see where this gets the interest. It's an (almost) universal shade that will cut your crease with class. It will blend effortlessly and look flawless in photos. It won't steal your lunch money or take the air out of your tires... but I have a hard time getting excited over a matte grey, especially when my Ben Nye and Kryolan do just as good a job. I guess with the hype I expected to hear angels (did I forget to leave my windows open?) So yes, the Matte2's are nice 'n all that but Copperplate just didn't blow my socks off. If it had a hidden copper shimmer, now that would be something... (where DOES it get that misnomer, anyways?) So if you want a non-eventful matte that feels super silky and applies just as sweetly, you can put this on your wishlist and go back to your knitting (you know the cats will just play with the yarn and mess it all up if you don't) but this sadly just did not excite me. Even if Channing Tatum rode up to me on a horse and gave it to me on a silver platter. I'd probably take more interest in the horse, to be honest.
EDIT: Yeah, I'm back with some news. Some wild notion of mine made me think to try this as a contour (perhaps because in makeup school, they made us use dark brown (!) eyeshadow for contour??) Surprisingly, it works! The pot is tiny though but since MAC doesn't really have a proper "contour" powder, they should put this into a blush sized pan. Yeah, I know. MAC has the Sculpting Powder thingies and I already have the "Accentuate/Sculpt" duo but have you ever tried to make that stuff show up on your skin?? Copperplate is greyer and therefore, to my eye, more natural looking. It also shows up better though not overwhelmingly so. You can layer it to get it right. Hey, for all we know, they used this to 'sculpt' Channing Tatum's abs... Hmmm!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Copperplate is my go-to crease color. It's the perfect brown-gray color. It's pretty pigmented and easy to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by AlEvers

I can't make this colour work on my skin. It washes me out. I must say that it is an excellent shadow, it blends like a dream but on my complexion it just does'nt work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ting2

I love this eyeshadow!!! This is my number one HG es! I wear this almost daily. It is a very flattering shade of grey-brown that would work well for day/night. I have lots of other es but I always go back to this one. If I cab only use one eyeshadow for the rest of my life. then this one would be it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

This is my FAVORITE eyeshadow, No. 1, #1, my holy grail eyeshadow. This is the perfect eyeshadow for my crease (I'm NC30), as well as to fade other colors out. The fact that it's matte makes it even better as it makes shadowing my crease look even more natural and lasts longer. I have honestly, been using this eyeshadow every time I apply any eye make up. I can also (If i really need to) double it as eyebrow powder.
I wish I had learned about this eyeshadow earlier because this has definitely worked its way up to my top favorite eyeshadows.
Would definitely recommend this, and repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I just recently found out about this eyeshadow....It is an absolute must have for any makeup fiend. I can use it for contouring, for smoky eyes, for defining my eye socket...it's just a lovely, lovely, versatile shade. Will never let myself run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is one of my favorite and most versatile MAC eyeshadows. It is a lovely medium grey shade with faint taupe undertones, so it's not as deathly cool as some greys can be. This e/s works fantastically as a natural-eye crease color, although I love using it for my black, sparse brows. It's dark enough to fill in gaps in my brows but the finished effect is subtle and natural-looking. (Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe is the exact same shade except in cream e/s form.)

I don't notice anything exceptional OR bad about the formula - it's typically MAC, neither buttery nor powdery. Pigmention is good. I recommend keeping this e/s handy if you're a fan of greys and matte, natural eyes.