December 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nubian Heritage - Coconut & Papaya Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After experiencing success with the African Black Soap from Nubian Heritage in managing my KP-prone skin, I decided to try the Coconut & Papaya Soap. It did not significantly lighten the acne scars on my body, and I feel that the soap would rate a 2 in effectiveness as far as its lightening abilities are concerned.

The soap lathers decently, has a faint, pleasant coconut scent, and leaves the skin decently moisturized. On my Oil-prone, KP skin, this leaves a clean and moisturizing feeling after use.

This is a decent soap, but still a distant second in addressing my skin's needs when compared to the African Black Soap from the same company.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Always looking for luxurious-feeling soap that is not drying and smells indulgent... It smells like a coconut shake! The lather is so soft and creamy. And very affordable. Cruelty-free; ethically-traded ingredients: Coconut oil, shea butter, cocao seed butter, palm oil, coconut milk, papaya extract, Vitamin E, vegetable glycerin, essential oil blend, vanilla beans.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Carissaochoa

I LOVE this soap, it smells Heavenly and I love the way it makes my skin feel. I use this on my face and it has helped with my oily acne prone complexion. WILL definitely buy this again, as well as more soaps from Nubian Heritage. I love the African Black Soap too! Order from iherb.com, and use code: XON769, you will get $5.00 off your first order. And, free shipping on U.S. orders over $20.00, and no tax! AWESOME! =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice smelling soap, but VERY drying. I tried using it as a body cleanser and it made my skin tight and dry. It even dried my hands out when I used it as a hand soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by kiryuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the most amazing soap I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. The smell stayed for quite a few weeks but is gone now. I noticed a difference in my skin immediately after the first use. I would have called this the best soap I have ever used but then I tried out some of the other soaps (African Black Soap) from this brand and they are even better. This is still a good soap but I would not repurchase just because Nubian Heritage has better soaps and I want to try all of them out. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by vanja

The scent of this soap is very faint (which somehow surprised me as the hand cream I have from Nubian Heritage is very strongly scented) but pleasant.

I'm using this as a hand soap and find it VERY drying. I could not imagine using this as a face soap or even a body soap because it's really super drying. I definitely need to use a hand cream after washing with it. For reference, before I started on this soap, I used a soap from Primal Elements (I like their soaps, they smell luscious!) and that one was a lot less drying than the Nubian Heritage one - and I do not consider the Primal Elements soaps to be moisturizing at all.

It's not so bad that want to throw it away, but I will not repurchase. There are loads of better soaps out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Kellybop

I loved this soap right from the first use! It lathers great, somehow brightens the skin as it claims and my skin benefitted more and more over time. I use it on the face and body, although it may be too moisturizing for my face come fall and winter. Fabulous soap! I'm sticking to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell was all right. It did smell kind of heavenly and gorgeous.

It washed kind of okay, really foamy and latherish but it was also really kind of drying 'cos I've got super sensitive skin. So, I'd no choice but to toss the bar out 'cos it wouldn't even work well with my hands. A shame, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great soap from Nubian Heritage. It smells really amazing and it's not overpowering like I expect some of their other soaps might be for some people. It leaves your skin smooth and soft. The only thing I didn't like about this soap is that it's got wood chips or something in side of it as a supposed exfoliant, and at times they felt quite rough, and they also got stuck in my drain and plugged it up for a bit. Other than that it's another great soap from this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Postnads

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap..If you have dry skin like I do it will leave it feeling very soft and smooth..Very affordable and works well..Product really delivers