September 30, 2014 | 1780 users online

Hair Treatments - Silk Elements - Megasilk Heat Protection Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sassylittl3lady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely hated it. I used it once and I noticed my hair was very greasy. I thought this could have been because I sprayed it on and did it while my hair was dry. I sprayed it into my palm and applied it to wet hair and when it dried my hair looked beyond greasy. I had to use a dry shampoo after. I think this product might work okay for people with VERY dry hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nasty stinky oily. Yuk!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jessicapaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my hair so greasy and weighed down! Went in the garbage after one spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought a 2 oz bottle from Sallys because I've decided if possible, I am only going to buy sample sizes of products before purchasing the whole shebang. It was on super sale at Sallys so I think I got it for less than 5 dollars...that's the baby size btw.
For my hair, I was coloring it frequently, I wash daily (both shamp& cond) and straighten every day just about. It's a shoulder length a bob with some layering.
Anyhoo, I read reviews that overuse of this product will cause greasiness, which I experienced the first time. I did not penalize the product for that, only myself.

However, I am confused as to how to thoroughly apply something that cannot be over applied. It's a catch 22 of sorts because I have medium thick hair and the shafts and ends need the most protection yet it's hard to disperse the product evenly? So what I do now, is seperate my hair into sections as I do when straightening, starting from bottom to top. then I do a couple light sprays several inches away from my head and then comb it through.

I do find that this product, when used appropriately, leaves my hair soft as silk. But the tiniest excess makes my hair heavy, slick, and flat...
Also, I'd put the scent in the con bucket. It smells extremely dated and heavy. I can't imagine this being geared towards women 60 and ^ but thats what it smells like...

all in all, use with caution and spray a nice perfume around your neck region :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Raven01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fine colour treated hair and I LOVE this product It protects my hair while blow drying, flat ironing and curling iron The trick is to not use too much! If you over due it your hair will look greasy and stringy A little goes a long way It is pleasantly scented but if you are sensitive to fragrance this could be a problem for you I like the scent and am not sensitive to fragrance It comes in a convenient pump spray but I wish it dispensed less product It's very easy to over do it, hence the negative reviews I've received tons of compliments on how "just salon styled" my hair looks I've already ordered two more bottles of this cause I never want to be without it! Give it a try... Just go easy with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fine hair in fairly good condition. I do wash and blow dry my hair everyday. I was awarded a "free" product at Sally's (not sure why) and I couldn't decide what to chose from then the sales associate recommended this. I'm so glad I didn't purchase this. This made my hair a flat, stringy mess. Just awful. No time to re-wash my hair and start over so I had to clip my hair up. In the garbage it went!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

I gave it a go but it didn't really do anything for me. Let's start with the pros: it smells nice and isn't overpowering or in your face, price is fantastic, and that's pretty much it. Other than that, I felt like it did not protect my hair from heat. I really don't have much else to say about this product. It didn't do anything for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried giving this product a fair chance, but it has only been a disappointment. It makes my hair feel stringy when first applied, and then it ends up a poufy, wiry mess when I'm done blow drying. I feel like it offers virtually no heat protection, which in turn makes it useless to me. The smell isn't so bad...it reminds me of Moroccanoil. I just wish it actually provided adequate heat protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If you have thin hair don't buy this product, it will be way too greasy for you. To my thick, coarse haired ladies this is your best friend!! I use *very* little on the ends of my hair and no other spray has worked as well to smooth and shine my hair. I give it 4 Lippies because it is way too easy to go overboard with this and get greasy hair. Other than that it is very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by bcm321