Silk Elements Megasilk Heat Protection Spray

on 7/12/2015 2:07:00 AM

Greasy formula. Hate it

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my HG heat protectant. I have been using it for years, and refuse to use anything else. It makes my hair feel so incredibly soft, but you do have to be careful because if you spray too much it will definitely make your hair look greasy. Overall, I think this product will work best on girls who have thicker hair. Girls with fine hair should stay away or risk looking like an oil slick.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I received this as a free gift at my locals Sally store when I renewed my membership.

I actually love this stuff. It leaves my hair feeling soft and makes it look healthy. Only downside if you spray too much, it will make your look and feel really greasy.

I have thick, medium length hair.

My holy grail is the Tresemme thermal heat protectant but I would purchase this product with my own money.

on 10/7/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know what everyone else problem is, but I love it. Some of you guys are saying its greasy and weigh your hair done. It's not greasy at all on my hair nor does it weigh my hair done. It makes my hair nice and bouncy. Maybe it just doesn't work on every hair type. I spray it on each section before I flat iron it, and its still has life. Maybe you guys are using too much.

Absolutely hated it. I used it once and I noticed my hair was very greasy. I thought this could have been because I sprayed it on and did it while my hair was dry. I sprayed it into my palm and applied it to wet hair and when it dried my hair looked beyond greasy. I had to use a dry shampoo after. I think this product might work okay for people with VERY dry hair.

on 9/14/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nasty stinky oily. Yuk!

on 8/14/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Made my hair so greasy and weighed down! Went in the garbage after one spray.

on 7/13/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a 2 oz bottle from Sallys because I've decided if possible, I am only going to buy sample sizes of products before purchasing the whole shebang. It was on super sale at Sallys so I think I got it for less than 5 dollars...that's the baby size btw.
For my hair, I was coloring it frequently, I wash daily (both shamp& cond) and straighten every day just about. It's a shoulder length a bob with some layering.
Anyhoo, I read reviews that overuse of this product will cause greasiness, which I experienced the first time. I did not penalize the product for that, only myself.

However, I am confused as to how to thoroughly apply something that cannot be over applied. It's a catch 22 of sorts because I have medium thick hair and the shafts and ends need the most protection yet it's hard to disperse the product evenly? So what I do now, is seperate my hair into sections as I do when straightening, starting from bottom to top. then I do a couple light sprays several inches away from my head and then comb it through.

I do find that this product, when used appropriately, leaves my hair soft as silk. But the tiniest excess makes my hair heavy, slick, and flat...
Also, I'd put the scent in the con bucket. It smells extremely dated and heavy. I can't imagine this being geared towards women 60 and ^ but thats what it smells like...

all in all, use with caution and spray a nice perfume around your neck region :)

on 7/1/2014 11:45:00 PM

I have fine colour treated hair and I LOVE this product It protects my hair while blow drying, flat ironing and curling iron The trick is to not use too much! If you over due it your hair will look greasy and stringy A little goes a long way It is pleasantly scented but if you are sensitive to fragrance this could be a problem for you I like the scent and am not sensitive to fragrance It comes in a convenient pump spray but I wish it dispensed less product It's very easy to over do it, hence the negative reviews I've received tons of compliments on how "just salon styled" my hair looks I've already ordered two more bottles of this cause I never want to be without it! Give it a try... Just go easy with it!

on 7/1/2014 12:59:00 PM

I have very fine hair in fairly good condition. I do wash and blow dry my hair everyday. I was awarded a "free" product at Sally's (not sure why) and I couldn't decide what to chose from then the sales associate recommended this. I'm so glad I didn't purchase this. This made my hair a flat, stringy mess. Just awful. No time to re-wash my hair and start over so I had to clip my hair up. In the garbage it went!