September 21, 2014 | 2020 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength Diamond Shine Top and Base Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Nailer123

This base/top coat was horrible.It caused my nails to bubble almost instantly.The only good thing about is that it dries quite fast.By the time I finished applying to all my nails I could painting. But the top coat took forever to dry 15 minutes passed and it still wasn't dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

Ugh hate this. Wish I'd checked these reviews before purchasing. I've had a lot of success with Sally Hansen products in the past so was expecting a good top coat. This applies with bubbles every time. SO ANNOYING. Will be chucking and buying something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by xoxbelxox

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.

I trusted Sally Hansen products but wish I'd read the reviews before I went out and bought this. So bad!!! Takes forever to dry and while it does provide a shiny coat (which top coat doesnt?!) chips within 1-2 days. Unbelievable!!!

My Rimmel Base/Topcoat Pro does a way better job at 1/3 of the price! This will be going in the bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Polkagirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I too regret that I didn't check this product review on makeupalley before purchasing it. It was a sudden decision because I was in desperate need for a replacement of my Revlon base & top coat. When I saw this product I quick googled and the top search showed good ratings for this product, but now that I tried it, I so much agree with the ratings given here.

the price in my country is about 11.3 USD, which is more than 3 times more expensive that the Revlon product. But the quality is so disappointing!

Cons:
1. It took so long to dry! I put it on before going to bed, and in a minute, my right nails are already chapped in several spots, even though I only did minor activity like typing on my laptop while waiting for it to dry.

2. It really does create bubble streaks! On my left fingernails I notice there were barely any, so I guess it depends on the stability of your hands when applying the top coat. but still! it's ridiculous

3. In day 4, 2 of my right finger polish are already chipped off

4. The packaging sucks cause I can't see how much the product is left (how can I not consider this before purchasing!?)

Pros:
1. My left fingernails that do less work seem to be just fine, until day 4 the nail polish is still perfect (very minor chipping on the edges of some)

2. It does give a nice shine and makes the nails feel harder

Will I repurchase? definitely no.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of Sally Hansen products and liked them all, so when I had to get a new top coat and base coat this was an obvious choice. I won't be buying this again, though. It bubbles even if I only put on a very thin coat, and this ruins my whole manicure. The shine is pretty but enhances the bubbles, and the staying power is mediocre. I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Tessie111

I love this top coat, when you have the time to do a manicure its wonderful and gives a nice shine. I don't know whats with the negative reviews, but im definitely going to buy a new bottle after im done with mine.
for a long time I was using the Seche Vite top coat that everyone is claiming is the next best thing since sliced bread and yes the extremely fast drying time is impressive, but the fact that your manicure is ruined because the top coat shrinks is enough for me to stop using it. Also the fact that after 60-50% of the bottle is used, it turns extremely goopy.

Sally Hansen Diamond Shine gives me a beautiful shine, no shrinking what so ever, and Im so impressed that I'm like 30% done this bottle and it is still so liquidy! Definitely buying again, one of the best. Only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is because it does take quite some time to fully dry. If it was faster it would definitely be my holy grail top coat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AWFUL! Takes hours for this to "dry" and it still maintains a weird tacky finish. And once "dry" there is no shine at all because I think dust sticks to it. This is going in the garbage!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just like everyone else said,this product is of horrible quality. It doesn't dry at all so it makes my nail polish push back off my nail tops or I get gashes in the polish hours later. It's so disappointing to spend half an hour doing my nails perfectly and then get ruined by a top coat that is supposed to extend a manicure. I have tried it as a base and top and as a top only and it still sucks. Please don't waste your money, your time or your nail polish buying this one. You will regret it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Amandabambii

Biggest waste if money!

Bubbles, doesn't dry EVER! My nail polish literally peels off my nails with this.

I paid $14 for this (ridiculous Australian prices)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a phenomenal waste of money. I did my nails with this and a cream OPI polish. One thin coat of the Sally Hansen, two thin coats of OPI, one coat of Sally Hansen. Three hours later, I thought my nails would finally be dry. I put on my coat, and the edge of my nail smudged, getting fuzz stuck to it. Three hours later! Finally, as I was sitting at the computer tonight, I smacked my hand into something, and the colour didn't chip off, it peeled away from the nail like rubber. This stuff is absolute rubbish. Back on the hunt for a decent top coat and base coat. This stuff wasn't it. Ugh.