July 31, 2014 | 1782 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - No More Breaks Natural Nail Strengthener

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by onadia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

absolute worst nail product I have ever bought, chips in literally 2.5 seconds!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I was about...15? I didn't used to review before I bought things. I wanted to grow my nails, but they always broke so I went into Superdrug and looked at which of the Sally Hansen range was best suited. I'd heard Sally Hansen was good, so I wasn't really fussed which one. I so wish I'd chosen the other one. It was between this and another product, but unlucky old me, always choses the one that doesn't work. This is pathetic. It just seems to get air under it as it dries and lifts off. Some bits do stick, but then it's ugly. I'd really love to know how anyone even thought about marketing this. Meanwhile, the green colour quickly faded and now it's just sat in my bag of old nail polishes. It wasn't cheap either! Don't do it girlies.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by nerortensia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

What's wrong with this product? You put it on and it literally CRACKS after a few hours, leaving you with nails that looks like crashed glass. If you apply a second coat you get an alien green shade of color and if you use it as base the nail polish cracks too!
Wow......Thank you Sally Hansen :-(

EDIT: It needs to be applied in a very very thin layer, which is not written in the instructions. As for the efficency of the product can't really tell. At least I found a way to not make it look a crackled mess

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lilllisal

This is the worst nail product I have ever had the misfortune to buy. It doesn't adhere to nails, chips off within hours and is completely unsightly. Very disappointing as I have rather liked other products from this company in the past. Strangely, it's almost impossible to remove the bits that do actually stick to the nail. I have tried using alone, with polish, thin coats and thick coats, nothing worked.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Gee I wish I would have read these reviews before I spent my hard earned cash on this crappy stuff. I just assumed that since it was Sally Hansen it would be good. I wanted a base coat. My polish didn't even last 24 hours. I can't imagine wearing this alone either as it dries matte. Boo.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by paulina6786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to start with saying this product really sucks.
I have never been this disappointed by a nail strengthener.
It chips away really fast, no matter if applied alone, as a base or top coat. It makes my nails look really unhealthy and that's never good. Plus it has a weird green tint that's visible even with 1 coat.
Not sure about strengthening effects as it never lasted more than a day!
Will have to use it up on my toenails.
A definite no-no for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not good at all. I put it on a base coat under my nail varnish and the colour peeled off immediately. Decided to give it a second chance and wore it on my nails alone and it peels away too. It bubbles and sometimes shines blue. Weird.
The thing is, I'm wearing it on my toenails and it doesn't seem to be chipping or anything. Essentially it's terrible for fingernails but fine for toes hidden under socks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Trying to grow out my natural nails and thought I would give this a try. Not sure if it will stop breaks or not....it chips. Used it w/out any polish and it chipped. Used it as a base coat and my polish chipped off. Impossile to tell if it does what the name says it's going to do. It did not stay on my nails long enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Somewhere along the way, my nails became dry & brittle, & started chipping & breaking. I wasn't even always aware of what caused the breaks/chips, or when they happened. I couldn't stand it any longer --having to pay so much attention to my manicure (several times a day) -- so I picked up this Sally Hansen nail strengthener from the local Walgreen's.

WOW! A product that works for me!! I applied it, then base coat, polish, and topcoat. I could hardly believe I went a *whole week* without a break or a chip, even a small one, in my nails.

It has a thick, gel-like consistency when applying, and once dried, forms what looks & feels like a plastic/vinyl coating.

The only downside is that my nail polish chips faster (because the base coat can't adhere to the strengthener??), but at least my nails don't. And I don't think it's as much as "treatment" as a "protector". After my first couple of uses, I could certainly tell a difference after I removed my nail polish & underlying nail strengthener then didn't immediately reapply. Within an hour I'd chipped 2 nails again!

This product is protecting my nails so I'm putting up with touching up more often or re-doing them. This is a nail strengthener that I recommend & will repurchase.