November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by zbilxo

This product is great for combination/normal/dry skin. It gives you SUCH amazing hydration and glow. It feels super light on the skin, the coverage is extremely sheer to buildable medium coverage if you layer it on a couple times. You won't be able to get more than a medium coverage from this. It almost reminds me of a tinted moisturizer with just one layer. It just makes you look super healthy and glowy, like you've been eating your vegetables. This product has been extremely popular backstage at fashion shoes for that natural, dewy skin look on the models. I've been seeing a lot of hype on sheer, glowy foundation, this is definitely a must try in my opinion. Throw away that heavy, full coverage cakey foundation, use this instead with a more full coverage concealer on problematic areas. Love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry skin. Not the, "oh, my skin feels dry, I think I'll moisturize today" dry, but the I have worn heavy duty moisturizer every single day of my life...since the day I was born kind of dry skin. Now, at 48, my skin is in decent shape (see my mention of daily moisturizer), but I like a little bit of evening out and extra color that foundation provides. When I hear/read that a foundation is "sheer" or "glowy"...well, let's just say I'm a sucker for good marketing. Enter Face and Body. I bought it at a MAC store in Prague on vacation. I was color matched at N1, which does seem pretty accurate. I don't care much for the bottle as some always runs down the sides of the bottle or gets trapped under the cap (making for a mess when you next remove it). I like the silicones in F&B as it makes for smooth application. I really only use one dot to spread it around my face. I do get a more even complexion, but that's it. This leaves a terribly sticky finish, but strangely leaves my face looking dry and cakey at the same time!! Strange! I also don't like the occlusive feeling I get after a bit...as though my face were suffocating. I stuck this in a drawer and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, in an attempt to use up some products, I added two drops of F&B to my moisturiser along with one pump of the clinique Uplighting in Natural. WOW! The perfect combo! You cannot tell I have on foundation. My skin looks clear, healthy, dewey and well nourished. I have finally found a method that works well for me. May be something others like as well! Definitely worth a shot!! Makes my routine that much qucker too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by littlelushaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in C1 and hands down this is my favourite foundation, light enough that it can be used on a day to day basis or on days when you don't want to wear much makeup, but you can also build up the coverage to make it perfect for nights out too. I love the glow it gives me it's like my skin but nicer. The product even smells nice like tangerines, and the packaging makes it super easy to use. And for 120mls of product the price is amazing! I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Rawrceo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation! If you have combination/normal/dry/very dry skin like I do, then this is perfect for you. It is sheer yet can be easily buildable to a medium coverage foundation. Don't apply this with a brush or a sponge because since it is very water based and runny, your preferred tool will just eat it up. The best way is to first apply to the palm of your hands, then rub rub rub rub as if you were putting gel in them. What this will do is thicken to product to a higher consistency. After this has thicken, apply direct to face and neck and blend with your hands. Because it is now thick, you can fix the evenness with a brush of choice (i use my RT buffing brush) or a beauty blender. The finish is this beautiful, natural, dewey finish that makes you look like you have nice skin. Your face doesn't fall flat in color due to the sheerness. Therefor, your natural contours are still visible as well as any natural features. This product will last you ages. Just make sure to give it a good shake because it has a tendency to separate a teensy bit in the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree completely with HolyShiet;a perfect review for this product! : ) I am also very fair and wear N1. Only con for me is that the bottle is just so big (great value for money); but I'll get bored of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by holyshiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I hadn't used foundation in years because I hate the 'foundation look'.
Then someone convinced me to try the F&B and I'm very happy i did!

I'm quite pale so I use C1, blends perfectly with my own skincolor.
It looks super natural like your own skin with an extra healthy glow + it evens out your skintone. Light coverage, but for me that's fine because I don't like it when you can tell you're wearing foundation. When i want to cover up red spots i use the Lancome Effacernes concealer.

Pro's
- Super natural
- Dewy healthy glow
- Evens out skintone
- Blends with your skin.
- If you use a finishing powder, it stays on all day.
- No irritation or breakouts!

Con's
- After applying, I have to use a powder on my T-zone because i don't like a shiny nose, forehead and chin.
- Does get oily after a few hours, need to blot.
- I don't really like the packaging, the product is very runny because it's waterbased which makes it hard to get the right amount out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ProductReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Most of the colors were hideous, like clown colors. Forget about every other color but C-1 or N-1, if you have light skin. The rest of the colors are too dark. C-2 & N-2 are too dark for light skin because they have too much yellow & pink in them. NC-1, NC-2, NW-1 & NW-2 are all over run with hideous amounts of pink, orange & beige (see the photo above of the woman in the blue T-shirt..yellow forehead, this is how most MAC foundations look in real life, yellow, orange, pink or just weird).

C-1 & N-1 are those hard to come by, highly coveted, super pale colors that light skinned women search high & low for - and are the ONLY colors for truly light skins from MAC brand foundations.

The finish is glittery. The texture is sticky & greasy, and it's full of comedogenic, skin damaging ingredients. Skin felt dirty immediately upon applying. Had to wash it off. And it stinks too. It is supposed to give skin a healthy glow. It does, but my skin looks like that naturally, so I can't justify putting this awful stuff on my skin for a little bit of polish.

The all zinc oxide sunblock I use gives my skin a little white glow, and I don't have to damage my skin by wearing this product, with it's myriad of sticky, pore clogging ingredients.

If the skin is flat & dull, then this will give the illusion of life. If skin is already good - AVOID.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ZayLiz

I always had trouble finding the right foundation until this one came along! I asked for a sample at MAC & .. OMG! I was IN LOVEEE! its the best foundation for people who doesn't need a whole lot of coverage & have dry skin *Also who likes a veryyy natural look && feel!* I will definitely get this product! and it will laat you for a LONG TIME!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

Mac face and body is an amazing foundation is you're looking for something that has a light to moderate coverage and gives your face a dewy complexion. This foundation is more for evening out skintone and giving it a natural "no foundation" foundation look and is really good for summer, as it's very light. I've been using mine since this past spring and I like it, but for my skin I think I prefer more coverage and something with a thicker consistency, because the consistency of this is a little on the runner side. The packaging is fantastic though and I like to use this sometimes when I get bruises/sunspots on my body as well. Good product for the right person, not exactly what I'm looking for but I still would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Linneaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a water-based silicone foundation for combination/normal to dry and very dry skin, not generally for oily skins. Coverage is sheer to medium. Finish is natural to dewy depending on your how dry your skin was to begin with. Contains film-forming agent/polymer so lasting is power is very, very long, unless you have oily skin where the facial oils dissolve the film-forming polymer. Shine/dewiness varies inversely to dryness and dryness varies proportionally to lasting power. Water and transfer resistant NOT water and transfer proof. Highly refined pigment that makes foundation difficult to detect. Very, very layerable. No SPF, no white flashback, photographs beautifully in any lighting.

I have dryish acne prone skin that has been made very dry by tretinoin cream and salicylic acid. Up to now without mineral oil and petroleum based moisturisers, most foundations are inapplicable to my face. It took two years for me to go down to the mac counter and try get a sample of the foundation.

I hesitated as it was touted to be a sheer foundation and other sheer foundations did nothing for my pigmentation. I tried this as was quietly amazed.

Two things:

The more you mechanically work the foundation the more coverage you get. With normal to combination skin keep working vigorously on the face until it thickens and sets, with dry skin, use clean hands to rub vigorously until it thickens and pat onto the face. Brushes are a waste of time as it takes much longer to thicken the product and it leaves film polymer on the brushes.

Apply like this:

One layer of the product is enough to give a light coverage to the face (so long as you rubbed it so it thickened). So the second thing- you will realise that you actually don't need the medium or full coverage foundation that you normally bought. Why? Because too often, if you are anything like me, you've purchased a medium/fuller coverage foundation just to even out my skin, knock out redness and blur imperfections- to some success, but you could always tell there was some light makeup, sometime you got complete cakeorama. This foundation rubbed in till it thickens does all of that whilst giving a light undetectable no makeup look. Why bother with the previous heavy cakiness? The difference is that this is a really high quality foundation with very refined pigments, even though it's a light amount of pigment, they are so small that you can't see it. Blended out it's a haze of colour to fix uneven skin tone.

Now what to do if you still want to cover pigmentation? Mix in a high coverage foundation- a tiny amount. Vichy Dermablend, Cover FX, Estee Lauder DoubleWear Maximum Coverage, Laura Mericer Secret Camouflage even Revlon ColorStay if you have nothing else.

It'll be better than any concealer you try- because you get the pigmentation of the high coverage foundation but the lasting power of the filmforming agent in F&B. Additionally you also have the benefit of lack of cakiness, no dry flakes and no settling in fine lines. Just a note: if you do need high coverage and have all the dryness and all the fine lines, use a high coverage foundation and not a medium one, this way you will need a tiny amount of the heavy foundation and mixed product with mainly be F&B- hence it retains all the staying power, lack of settling into lines and lack of creating dry flakes.

And voila! For the first time in my life theory from comestics textbooks are true, use the lightest foundation to even out skin tone- then apply a good coverage concealer to the places where you need and only the places you need! You will look so natural- even your dear mum and grandma won't notice the amount of makeup you are actually wearing!

If you do have really have dry skin and have tried everything from thickest emollients to petroleum jelly and still have dry caking and FLAKY foundation that looks liked a dried desert earth, consider this foundation and at least get a sample of it. I find that this foundation wears even more beautifully as the hours clock by- more dewy and luminous. No flakes, not a bit of fading.

In fact, for anybody pretty much, just get a sample of this foundation- you may just be surprised and get on the stairwell to foundation enlightenment and perhaps foundation nirvana :P It can't hurt.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No