TRESemme Tres Gel Clean Hold

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/7/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this product at walmart for $2 - $3 it comes in a wopping huge tube which makes this a great value for money. I use this on my super fine, flat hair at the roots and on the ends while damp and once blow dried my hair is soft, manageable and frizz-free which is hard to achieve after any heat styling. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it's never crunchy. Also, I see a bit more volume all over after blow drying as well. I love that this product is free of any cones and alcohol which is very rare to find at the drugstore now and days. I will be repurchasing.

This has seriously been a savior for my hair. I've got an a-line bob that I'm trying to grow out. I also have random kinks and waves that don't respond to a flat iron anymore, so I've been mixing this with my Organix Coconut Oil Serum and using a round brush to blowdry. My hair stays perfect throughout the day with no frizz. I LOVE this stuff!

on 11/30/2011 3:25:00 PM

Like every other TRESemme product, it looks extremely professional and expensive for a ridiculously small amount of money. This gel works wonderfully- my hair's prone to becoming irritatingly frizzy, so combing through a quarter-sized amount of gel (my hair is nearly waist-length) works wonders, and nearly eliminates frizz entirely. It's also not crunchy or hard, and it doesn't flake at all.

on 1/11/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hubby likes this gel the best for the $$. I always pick it up for him. He's got short, mostly straight thick hair and this gives good spiking/styling control all day without being rock hard or flaky.

on 7/16/2008 10:19:00 PM

For the record, my hair is curly, thick, and frizzy. This worked really well at controlling frizz and defining my curl. And it smells good, and not overwhelming.The only reason I took off one lippie was because it can make my curls sort of scrunchy, or hard. Other than that, this is a fantastic product.

I bought this on sale at Target thinking it was like my old Herbal Essences scrunching gel (which I had to quit using because it makes my face break out :p), but in fact, it's even better! I do not dry my hair...I get up at 6:15 and have to be out the door at 6:45...I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'm certainly not giving up sleep just to have time to blow dry my hair. However, when the humidity is up, my curly hair frizzes all over...not pretty. But this stuff keeps my hair looking sleek and natural instead of greasy and crunchy like a lot of styling gels. My hair is completely flexible and feels clean like I don't have any product in my hair at all. I'm so glad I happened up on this, it has made my hair (and mornings!) much, much easier.

on 9/29/2007 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this gel to mix with Brocato Saturation Leave-In Conditioner. This combination provides a bit of control and protects my hair while I blow dry it, and it works great for my stick-straight, fine-but-thick hair that currently comes just past my shoulders. I like this TRESemme gel because it doesn't have any silicones, and it's becoming harder and harder to find 'cone-free products at the drugstore. I hate paying salon prices for my haircare products, but so often it's worth it. But at least I don't have to spend a lot on gel, so that helps bring a little bit of balance to my haircare budget.UPDATE: Grrr! This gel made my face break out. I presume because my hair gets all in my face when I sleep. I've had it cut shorter to chin length since I wrote this review, so it's long enough to get in my face when I sleep but not long enough to pull back. I've stopped using it, and my face is clearing up.
Ingredients: water, vp/dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate copolymer, pvp, ppg-5-ceteth-20, triisopropanolamine, oleth-20, carbomer, dmdm hydantoin, sorbitol, propylene glycol, peg-12 dimethicone, olealkonium chloride, tetrasodium edta, panthenol, gelatin/keratin amino acids/lysine hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, fragrance, violet 2. continued >>