September 22, 2014 | 1940 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - LE Metallique Foil Eye Color Crayon

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Omg, thank you so much MUAers for saving this little product from getting a horrible review!! I bought an eye crayon in Silver Foil for $1 at BigLots and took it home to try it. I was so surprised that L'Oreal would sell eye products in such miniscule quantities...this adorable little eye crayon is only 5.1cm (2 inches) long! I've seen them in drugstores and always gasped in horror at the price. When I got home, I swatched the crayon to find it very chalky, blunt, rough and annoying. So I started cursing and came on here to write a rant on this product. However, I read some of the reviews below me to use it wet- and it worked wonders! This was the absolute most shiny, reflective, gorgeous silver color I've ever seen in my entire life! It turned smooth, creamy, silky, and incredibly long wearing. These are expensive as hell in the drugstore, but if you look in discount stores, you can buy these in bulk for like $1 each. I need to stock up! Now I am beginning to question why L'Oreal puts such amazing eye crayons in such little, cumbersome packaging. Hm....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these little gems. They are beautiful and when you wet them they are so pigmented and just metallic and they really do last a long time.
I found these at a local discount store and I'm glad I chose to get them. The fact that I can buy them on Ebay is just amazing..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have three of these in Khaki Foil, Bronze Foil, and Gold Foil. I REALLY like the colors, they're perfect for rimming the outside of your eyes for a swatch of color, and they don't need to be applied perfectly, so it's great for quick eye makeup.

HOWEVER! They don't go on smoothly at all, so I have to tug to put them on. I've tried the old high school trick of lighting a match to the end to get it to melt, but that doesn't work either.
And they're in these weird plastic tubes, so as the top wears down with use, I guess I'll have to cut off the plastic top? I can't push it up or off, very awkward.
If this were just a little bit softer, it would be PERFECT.

But for the color payoff, I would buy these again and again. I never see them anywhere though, and I originally bought them at a makeup outlet store in NYC, so I think they were either discontinued or maybe they were a special-release item. I would love them in many many more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm always on the lookout for new products and one time when I was in Long's I stumbled across these. I wasn't going to buy them at first because the price is rediculously high for such a small product but a week later I went back and they had them marked down for half price plus another 10% off L'Oreal products. I decided to splurge and ended up getting all of them. The colors are black foil, khaki foil, gold foil, copper foil, bronze foil, and silver foil. These are relatively similar to the hip pigment shadow sticks and have the exact same instructions on them. I however liked the colors better than the hip shadow sticks. The darker colors are perfect for creating a smoky eye. I wasn't a big fan of the hip sticks, but I do happen to like these and for the price I got them they weren't bad. You definitly have to use them wet though, the color payout is beautiful that way!!! I would buy these again if they weren't LE and if I didn't have enough eyeshadow to last me until the end of time!!:D EDIT: I found a whole bunch of these little gems for a dollar at the dollar store, so in heaven right now:D!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

From the Fall'07 L'Oreal collection are these LE Metallique Foil Eye Color Crayons. This review is for 909 Khaki Foil. These appear to be identical to the HiP Pure Pigment Shadow Sticks and the same precautions apply. *USE THEM WET*. Put a drop or two of water or contact lens sol'n (I prefer that because it's sterile) on the crayon, test on the back of your hand, blot excess water and away you go ~ they really to apply smoothly and with nice pigment when applied this way. Khaki Foil is a deep, almost blackened shimmery khaki. There is also a Bronze, Black, Silver, Copper and Gold IIRC. I would try a couple more but I'm waiting for either a sale or a BOGOF since they are ridiculously priced for their size.
The blunt end is a little tricky to apply close to the lashline but if you use the edge you might do ok. I'm scratching my head as to why L'Oreal just didn't package this in a chubby pencil that was already sharpened. If you sharpent this you'll lose so much product, particularly considering how small it is.
So, it has it's pros and it's cons but used WET with a delft hand, you get very nice colour payoff that lasts without smudging!