September 21, 2014 | 948 users online

Palettes - Chanel - Collection Essentielle De Chanel - Lumière Naturelle Multi-Use Makeup Palette (LE Holiday 2007)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift, and while i wouldn't have bought it for myself, i do use it quite frequently, and have actually hit the tin on one of the lipglosses and an eye shadow, which never happens for me. The colors are definitely meant to create an easy natural look, and so they aren't very pigmented, but it is a great all purpose product for travel, or too keep in your car/purse/whatever. i probably wouldnt buy this product again, being a college student with little funds, but i'm happy that i got it, and do use it.

(Way Later) Update:
Just finished out the last eyeshadow in this palette. I'm so sad I can't repurchase! Loved everything about this, and even though I'm still a broke college student I would definitely shell out to repurchase. After not using it for a long time I found it again last year and have been using non stop. RIP my HG palette :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

i bought this a while back.. the only reason why i got it is because of travel convenience.. but i mostly used it when i go to parties or clubbing.. by stashing it in my wristlet or something because of it's compact size... i use it only as a touch up make up cuz they are all light... i don't think chanel works for asian skin tone.. i love some of their products though..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I read a review of this palette a few months back, which made me start to want this palette. However, when I snuck a peek at it at Nordies I wasn't all that impressed by it, and was especially put off by the blush/bronzer and simply moved on. However, last night, while surfing MUA, I decided to take another look at the reviews (was looking at blushes...which somehow led me to this palette for some reason) and simply made up my mind to go buy it this morning. It was somewhat of an impulse buy, and I was still put off by the price and the blush, but the SA told me that she thought that it would probably look good on me, so I decided to trust her and buy it anyways

When trying the blush/bronzer in the palette, I was actually glad that I had listened to the SA. It looked perfectly fine, and I think that I actually like it. It looks natural enough and manages to brighten my complexion. (it turns pink on me after a while though)

I haven't used the shadows yet as I already had eye makeup on, but I swatched them on my arm and my initial impression of them is that I am not impressed with them at all, although they are definitely high quality and very smooth. The colors are very sheer, and don't show up very well, though I'll figure out how well they fare later when I use them.

The two lippie colors that I've tried so far are wonderful and neutral, though very, very sheer. This doesn't bother me though, since I tend to go after sheer lip glosses that gently enhance my lips, and these definitely do that., without a whole lot of the super wet shine of lip gloss.

Overall, my initial impression of this palette is very good, though I do wish that the blush in the middle was just a little bigger. Despite how sheer the lip and eye colors are, I feel that this palette makes up a perfect neutral/work look that would get a lot of use. (though knowing me, I'll probably refrain from using this too much since I like it so much and it's LE, but it's definitely beautiful) I would consider repurchasing this again, and as of now I would say yes, i would repurchase, but I tend to be fickle. I would recommend this palette to anyone who was thinking about it...and I would say this palette would make an amazing gift for someone.

Edit: This is my favorite palette to use. If this hadn't been an LE item, I probably would repurchase when I run out of the colors. I wish Chanel made more travel palettes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by colorcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh dear--I'm one of the dissenters about this palette (the Lumiere Naturelle color). I have fair skin with light eyes and dark hair, and thought from other reviews that this might be perfect for me on my travels. But only the eyeshadows work for me. The blush is too ruddy for my skintone--I need something that brightens/lightens my face more, such as BeBop. The lip colors, as others have said, are pretty rotten. The Safari, Lotus, and Cinnamon eye colors are great (the light pink one, tho, doesn't really show up on me), and I'm keeping the palette for them: I figured out that it would cost more to send back the palette and buy the 3 shadows on their own, what with factoring in the cost of postage. So...glad I discovered these shadows, but overall disappointed with the colors in the palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The "Naturelle" palette is brilliant. Perfect - and I mean perfect - for travel. Even if these aren't the colors you would choose individually, you can make this work for you. I'm fair with a lot of pink in my skin and these colors are neutral enough for me. Another winner from Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing the Naturelle palette here....

This might be my favorite palette of all that I have (and like a true MUAer, I have far too many!). I can use every single thing in the palette and all of it looks great. I am particularly fond of the Safari/Lotus eye shadow combo--a taupe/champagne duo that's great for a neutral polished eye, and can be amped up pretty easily for evening with a darker crease and more mascara (and /or the addition of the other two shadows in the palette). The shadows are silky, blendable, and pigmented--I actually find them more pigmented than the Chanel quad shadows that I have. The Incognito blush is working well; the color is a great neutral flush, and so far I've had no trouble with the infamously finicky Ireelle formula.

I love the fact that I can put this, my Dior Forever compact, and a tube of mascara in my bag and be ready for anything--a long day of work followed by a night out, or a quick trip. I prefer my own brushes, but in a pinch the ones included in the lovely velvet pouch would work. A great palette!!

For reference: LSF 5, Dior Forever 2.0, normal combo skin with hazel eyes and dark brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by KohlLinerRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I noticed that people were reviewing for *both* the naturelle and soleil under this heading so here goes...I bought the Soleil palette about a month ago and absolutely love it! I purchased the fly high palette on a trip to Europe a couple months ago and wasn't very impressed. That's why I was hesitant to drop $85 on the Soleil palette - boy, am I happy I did!
The eyeshadows are buildable, blendable and gorgeous! The bronzer-blush looks perfect on and the lipstick colors (although I wish they were longer lasting) round out the palette for a phenomenal bronzey glow. You can pair this palette with just about any eyeliner color and it looks great: I normally rotate with Chanel kohl pencils in: noir, ambre and black jade.
I originally bought it for travel only since I travel so much but have found myself reaching for it 3-4 times a week. I heard they will have another palette out (bronzes and greens) for summer and I can't wait to check that out :)
NW25/Chanel Shell/Black hair

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2007 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this palette because i usually love chanel products, but its so not worth the money. i bought the soleil i always go for the goldish bronze colors. well the eyeshadows were way too sheer, didnt even show up on my skin and whatever that was in the middle that was supposed to be blush didnt even show up on my skin, it kind of looked like the bronzer toundra so i figured ill use it all over as a bronzer, that didnt work either. and about those lipglosses nothing annoys me more than lipglosses in palettes because theyre usually useless and the colors dont show up and its just a way for me to get tricked into buying the palette. well i figure for 85, when i cant even use the lipglosses or the blush id rather return it and just purchase a quad that i actually use like the dunes one..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kenics

Got Naturel for my birthday and bought Soleil for my sister. Both collections compliment us well. The shadows are a better quality than I planned on as I have been using Stila exclusively for the pigment quality. The blush on the Naturel is perfect for me. I would have never purchased on my own, but it makes me feel like a make-up artist since it goes on so naturally. The glosses are too sheer for me and definitely have to be paired with at least l/l. For my sister though, where the sheerest of color shows up on her, it is perfect. Sometimes color tends to disappear on my lips.

Overall I feel the collection of colors is perfect. I am really satisfied with it and can definitely see travelling with it exclusively if I needed to.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by silverwing99

I was lemming this for sooo long & finally bought it. I'm not impressed. I agree with the previous review that the colors don't show up very well (I'm Asian w/ medium skintone). The only thing I love is the packaging & it's nice that brushes come with it in its little velvet pouch. Presentation is beautiful, product could be better for that amount of money. I'm returning this also.