October 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit Sheer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This is my favorite perfume and signature scent! It's rather expensive, but what do you expect from Burberry? It is fruity and floral, but not sickly sweet. It just smells clean and that's what I like. It's light, so I think it could really work for any occasion. Not to mention that the bottle is gorgeous with the classic Burberry pattern in pink. I will continue buying this perfume until I can buy it no more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Light and grapefruit-y scent with a hint of floral, reminds me of YSL Babydoll. Strikes me as a fragrance for Spring/Summer. Doesn't last very long though.
I like this, I think it smells very pretty, and I get compliments when I wear it. But I don't think I will buy this again, I prefer the scent of the original Burberry Brit (which is nothing like this!)
Nice but not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I've been wearing Brit Sheer for a few hours now, and my chief thought has been "pink grapefruit" (its yuzu note is similar to grapefruit, I think). "Pink grapefruit juice" is about what it 1/2 smells like to me -- with some other light fruits & florals mixed in.

It starts out crisp, fresh, sweet, and quite pretty -- but it's only sweet at the beginning, on me. As it dries down, the scent changes considerably on my skin, and the sweetness all but vanishes.

It starts out pretty, sparkling, and juicy-sweet -- as though there's a sweet berry note alongside the grapefruit -- but then the sweetness *quickly* dissipates -- noticably drains from the scent on my skin -- and I'm left with a rather bitter-ish drydown -- like unsweetened white grapefruit juice. Or, dare I say it? -- it turns a bit bug-spray on me -- after around 20-30 minutes -- and it almost gives me an "aftertaste", as I'm wearing it.

The drydown is also a bit rough & scratchy, to my nose, like a kitty's tongue. Maybe in part due to those "resins" in the note list below?

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:
Pineapple, Resins, Lychee, Mandarin, Musk, Yuzu

Launched in 2007, it's nothing like any other Brit -- it's quite separate and apart.

I find this scent to be on the order of DKNY Be Delicious, J'adore, BBW White Citrus, or one of the Clinique Happys. Brit Sheer dries down on my skin to something thin, sharpish, sour, almost bitter, and a little scratchy. The initial sweet fruit-juicy spritz is great, but it doesn't stay that way very long -- not on me. I much prefer Brit EDP, Brit EDT, Brit Summer, and Brit Rhythm to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by beckscxl

I have been using this for years. Love the fruity scent and it is quite lasting. But it can be overpowering if you over apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hawj89

My signature scent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Treated myself to a rollerball of this fragrance. Very nice and sophisticated. I am a big fan of fragrances like J'dore and Mademoiselle Chanel...wanted a rollerball fragrance, but Dior and Chanel don't seem to make those. :( But Burberry does have some available and this scent is a nice addition to my fragrance repertoire. It fits the bill for all the things I want in a perfume and the rollerball makes it easy for me to not only afford the perfume, but all carry it around. All pluses! Happy with my purchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! The brit sheer has an inoffensive clean, feminine scent that is not sweet or overpowering. I agree with the comment that it smells like grapefruit, except mixed with cherry blossoms. Very soft, super feminine, and definitely unique compared to other fruity-floral scents. The bottle is so pretty, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the roll on burberry brit sheer for my birthday and I loved it, it is extremely citrus-y, fresh and clean smelling. I bought a larger bottle because the perfume doesn't last all day so I figured spray perfume= more concentration= lasts longer. It got better but I had to bring the roll on to school and reapply then. I like this perfume but I hate how it doesn't last at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not a fragrance person, so I'm not going to insult everyone's intelligence by trying to describe the notes in here. I just wanted to point out that to my (extremely unrefined) nose, this reminded me a lot of Ralph Lauren Romance, which I know many people already own. To me, they weren't different enough to justify owning both.

I'm sure some will disagree with me, but if you like this fragrance, I think it's worth checking out Romance, or at least doing a side-by-side comparison if you already own one of them before purchasing the other. I like them both, for what it's worth, though I find Romance lasts longer.

I gave this 4 lippies out of 5 because it's just not long lasting enough. I have to reapply this 3-4x a day if I want to keep noticing it, which is not good if you work all day - my travel spray is quickly running out, and I'll have to buy an atomizer soon because I really don't like having to spend more $ on travel sprays or rollerballs just to keep the fragrance going.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by raindrops77

this smells amazing. i love it. its perfect for a young woman. its the epitome of spring to me. love the dry down!