LUSH Curly Wurly

3.5

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Dessicated Coconut (Cocos nucifera) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Water (Aqua) , Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Glycerl Stearate

on 7/21/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Holy moly Curly Wurly!! I don't use much of this to work into a creamy lather & I only need to wash my hair once when w cheap shampoos in order to go at my greasy roots I would wash 3-5x whereas w all Lush shampoos i only require one step & it's taken the drudgery out of shampooing my hair! My hair looks like 3A with this, it's reviving the curl I tried to kill by flag ironing my hair for years. I know it will take a few more treatments. I am so impressed! I'm buying a drain catcher just in case on the coco flakes but I didn't have any stuck in my hair. I follow w Amer. Cream condish & my hair smells amazing & looks really good! Both are HG! I love the Lush philosophy w environmental/cruelty-free practices. This is only my 2nd trip to the lush counter LOL already addicted!! Living my curly hair (for once!!).

on 7/13/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is fantastic! I have thick hair with loose curls, and the awesome coconut bits rinse right out very easily. My hair is also dark brown and has some purple highlights. I was worried it may strip the color, but it did just the opposite. My purple highlight color actually lasted longer than it ever has! I use this shampoo along with the the Lush Retread conditioner and my hair is soft and beautiful for days. I love it. I plan on trying the "Blousy" shampoo next.

on 7/7/2015 1:18:00 AM

Hair gets clean alright but all those coconut shreds get stuck in very curly hair.You're left with a dry tangled mess.

on 6/9/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I hate the bits of coconut. Smells nice but does nothing a good scrub with conditioner (co-wash) wouldn't do. UGhhhhh such a waste. now I'm just trying to use it up. If only I could use it on my dog (I can't, it's not meant for dogs).

on 6/9/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I spend countless hours of my life working to keep my hair in curls, and not looking like a Callyspongia plicifera sponge. After trying my sample of Curly Wurly, my hair looked like a Callyspongia plicifera with huge chunks of coconut caught in its fibers. Ingredients-wise, this is dish soap hair perfume. The inclusion of eggs, avocado and weeds (Alkanna tinctoria) doesn't counteract the sulfates, allergens, and dyes in this that my hair disagrees with. I wish I could send all the foods listed in the ingredients, to people who are dying of starvation, rather than to rinse all these resources down my shower drain.

I've read a lot of reviews that state how "natural" Curly Wurly is. It has some "natural" ingredients, but the cleansers in this are as natural as Valvoline. LUSH is a Greenwasher to an extreme.

on 6/1/2015 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Im very on the fence about this one. I have a lot of hair and its very big and very curly, so shampoo and conditioner is something that i take quite seriously. When I got the sample from lush i fell in love with this, but when i went back to buy the actual container and i didn't feel it did my hair justice anymore. It doesn't lather up at all so that throws me off. It's also kind of hard to evenly distribute throughout my hair, but that could just be because i have so much. My hair isn't thick so it's not hard to wash but i feel I have a harder time when I use this shampoo. I do love the smell and it does last a long time, but theres nothing so special about it that makes me wanna pay $25 for this again.

on 5/2/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate this schampoo. My scalp gets oily on second day and the coconutflakes are a pain in the a** to remove! this is a time-consuming, worthless product!!!!!

I have fine/thin wavy hair (type 2a) and I only wash my hair once a week (because my scalp doesn't get oily easy).
So, the reason I use schampoo, is to remove dirt from my SCALP (if my scalp is dirty, I loose volume and the hair is looking greasy). I NEVER wash my ends, since they're dry and don't get dirty EVER.

This schampoo is moisturizing, and I enjoy that. BUT - it contains actual tiny flakes of coconut . Why you may ask? I do not know. The flakes do not provide any sort of moisture since they're not liquid.
After rinsing out schampoo and conditioner (which I only apply to my lengths, they need the moisture, not my scalp!!!!) I find these flakes in my hair. It is really annoying and time-consuming to remove the flakes from my hair, but I have to, otherwise I look stupid with coconutflakes in my hair.

My solution to remove the flakes in the shower? I condition my scalp (bad bad move..), so the slip makes the flakes rinse out completly, or I use friction/ extreme rubbing to get them out.
Conditioning my scalp and/or rubbing the flakes out makes my scalp oily on second day/third day!!! That is extremly unusual, since I have a healthy scalp that does not get oily easliy..

cons:
-Gets a oily scalp too quickly
- Require work to remove flakes
- timeconsuming
- no great results

on 4/12/2015 8:52:00 PM

I just tried this shampoo out and I love it!! I used this with the Lush sea spray and they work really good together. I found the texture of the shampoo different then I'm used to, you will find coconut pieces in the shampoo and it doesn't lather as much as some of their other shampoos but it was still amazing. It smelt awesome and the coconut pieces came out no problem, I did brush my hair with a wide tooth comb while rinsing. I feel like it left my hair more moisturized and very light. Normally my hair never feels light since my hair is thick and it's a little longer then halfway down my back. I will definitely buy again. Feels nice to see my natural curls again.

on 2/23/2015 1:06:00 PM

this shampoo is paradise. Heavenly coconut smell, lathers well, hydrates my hair. Its perfect. Saw people complaining about the lather and pieces of coconut but I had no problem with those at all, I actually love the pieces of coconut. Just be sure to get your hair really wet and massage the shampoo on your wet hands before working on your scalp.

on 2/3/2015 5:16:00 PM

I wanted to love this shampoo! Unfortunately, it is chock full of coconut bits and my old drains were very unhappy. Very moisturizing and smelled so good - just didn't work for my drains.....

Popular Shampoos