August 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kidrauhl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after a Lush sales person recommended it to me last christmas. My hair was extremely dry and frizzy, so I was in desperate need for anything that good make my hair better. Curly Wurly became I hair saver for me. Not only, did my hair become more soft, I also got less frizzy hair and my curls looked better and more bouncy then ever. Not to mention, the smell is amazing!

Curly Wurly can be difficult to get properly in your hair. As long as your hair is really wet, it won´t be as difficult. Because of the price, I use another shampoo as well as Curly Wurly. When I apply the other shampoo first, I find it easier to apply Curly Wurly afterwards.

For anyone with curly or wavy hair: This product is a must-have and without any doubt, worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by HannahLiaNeil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo, naturally i have very curly hair (although at the moment i have ruined it with bleach so working on that!) and I've used this often in the past and found it made my hair soft and shiny, it smells lovely and the coconut pieces makes it feel like you are exfoliating your head and giving our scalp a good cleaning! lovely product, once my hair is fixed and grown a bit, i will be going straight back to using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First tried this when I stayed at a friends' house and used hers in the shower the next morning and I fell in LOVE. Like her, I have hair that tends to frizz and kink/cowlick in silly places. I noticed after using this that my hair was somewhat smoother and more shiny. Plus I absolutely love the smell, it reeks of summer and coconut and all that which rocks. It does not lather up like most shampoos, which I did not mind because (usually) lather = sulfates = dry and fuzzy-looking hair. It also does have bits of coconut pulp in it - again, I didn't mind. I happen to have shorter hair so I never had any issue with bits of coconut getting stuck in my hair. Any that did linger after rinsing came out very easily with conditioning. I may purchase again for the summer :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of Curly Wurly this past week. I had read the reviews on here so I was a little skeptical, but I thought I'd give it a go anyways. Curly Wurly comes in a black Lush container. Its a very thick, chunky kind of texture because it does have coconut shredding in it which made it all the more difficult to apply to my hair, not to mention when I tried to lather it into my strands. I tried to rub it in my hands first then apply it to my hair, but it didn't seem to make that much of a difference. I finally was able to distribute it all over my hair. After washing, I was able to get much of the coconut out of my hair, but later as I brushed my hair I noticed a few coconut pieces were falling out. It did, however, make my hair soft and smelling delicious.

An associate at Lush mentioned that Lush removed the coconut from Curly Wurly a while back, but that the costumers found it less effective so they decided to add it back in. She also told me that Curly Wurly is better for those who blow dry their hair after since the coconut pieces will fall out as you brush.

I'm not sure if I would purchase this product. Maybe? I don't know.I'm still deciding.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by lushadams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair has been really awful for the past 2 years, It's dry and it won't curl in the same way it used to. After one use my hair looks incredible! I have my soft spiral curls back! I'm so pleased I can finally leave my hair natural and not have to braid it or hide it away in a bun. It's not the cheapest of shampoo's but how can I refuse after seeing my hair back to the way it should be?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MissKassieMae

So around this time last year I went into a lush for the first time. I have pretty curly hair, not afro curly but Merida curly if she used product in her hair. So as any Lush sales person would do I was eminently approached. The sales woman told me to try curly wurly and I was a little scared to buy due to the very expensive price so she gave me a sample (I love that this store does that). It was small but I only wash my hair every other day and use a small amount so it lasted me a few weeks. Everyone was complimenting me on how good my hair smelt and I really liked how it made my hair feel. So after a few other products I tried I decided to.go back to Lush and take the plunge. I do really like this shampoo it makes my hair feel nice unlike other shampoos that make it feel very stripped. I do not have a problem with the coconut pieces because I comb my hair while I shower(once again I don't have super tight curls) so if you are having a problem with that I hope that advise helps you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Cdutton

My husband and I have straight hair, but do to family genetics we were given two boys with curly ringlets. Their hair is so beautiful we can't bring ourselves to cut it, but their hair was dry, frizzy and dull. Well this amazing lush product fixed that right up. Their curls have never been so bouncy shiny and healthy. It's amazing the change this shampoo did for their hair! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Ramalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveeee this shampoo. After reading reviews on here, I thought I'd made a big mistake but its made my hair feel amazing! Personally I soak my hair with water in the shower/ bath and grab about a 10p size, I mix it with water in my hands until it gets creamy and lathers slightly. I then work it into my soaking wet hair and it lathers well, and then I work it down to my ends. The coconut bits do end up falling on my shoulders etc but I just rub them into my body which makes my skin soft and smell yummy! Rinsing it out I have no problems, and just rinse the shower when I'm done. I never need conditioner with this and no products to tame my frizz after. I only use heat protection spray and never blow dry my hair and my hair smells delicious afterwards! It defines my curls with a tousled wave with 0 frizz/ puffiness. The price seems steep but it lasts for sooooo long! Would definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jenghes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, my review on this. I have long wavy hair that gets frizzy in the hot, humid, rainy weather. I love the way it tames the frizz and tames my waves.

When i first used it, I did find that this shampoo tangles my hair if I just scrub it in like normal shampoos. It also dried the ends. It also does not lather well in harder water (in the hotels that I stayed at) but at home it is better.

To prevent tangling, I brush my hair before showering. I also find that it is easier to work in if first I liquefy in my hands, be sure that my hair is extra wet and massage it in with my finger tips to prevent tangling. I use a small chunk on my roots and a small chunk on the ends. I finish with American Creme conditioner. When done, I do still have some small chucks of coconut left in my hair, but they brush right out. The above process seemed to improve the dry end issue.

Finally, it seems that my hair gets oily faster when using this product, I am a daily washer. I think that my hair needs to adjust to the shampoo over time.

Overall, I like this shampoo, love the smell.....

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by oonga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell of this product is fine.
The first time i used it i got all these chunks in my hair, and thought perhaps I needed to emulsify it through my hands first. It was near impossible to work through my hair! Second time i used it, i lathered it right up in my hands, but still found all these chunks that didn't break down! Still hard to work through the hair!
Then saw all these white chunks floating around in the bath?? That's when i read the ingredients list and realised they were bits of desiccated coconut!
I was picking out bits of coconut for days later! My scalp felt dirty too and somewhat scabbed up.
This is the only Lush product i have used that I didn't like! So disappointed, i really wanted this product to work, i love Lush and what they stand for.