LUSH Curly Wurly

3.6

on 4/12/2015 8:52:00 PM

I just tried this shampoo out and I love it!! I used this with the Lush sea spray and they work really good together. I found the texture of the shampoo different then I'm used to, you will find coconut pieces in the shampoo and it doesn't lather as much as some of their other shampoos but it was still amazing. It smelt awesome and the coconut pieces came out no problem, I did brush my hair with a wide tooth comb while rinsing. I feel like it left my hair more moisturized and very light. Normally my hair never feels light since my hair is thick and it's a little longer then halfway down my back. I will definitely buy again. Feels nice to see my natural curls again.

on 2/23/2015 1:06:00 PM

this shampoo is paradise. Heavenly coconut smell, lathers well, hydrates my hair. Its perfect. Saw people complaining about the lather and pieces of coconut but I had no problem with those at all, I actually love the pieces of coconut. Just be sure to get your hair really wet and massage the shampoo on your wet hands before working on your scalp.

on 2/3/2015 5:16:00 PM

I wanted to love this shampoo! Unfortunately, it is chock full of coconut bits and my old drains were very unhappy. Very moisturizing and smelled so good - just didn't work for my drains.....

on 12/2/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have very curly hair and love this shampoo! It cleans and curls my hair up quite nicely, leaving it light and bouncy. Anything coconut is always good for curly hair so this is perfect.

It doesn't lather like regular drug store shampoo because it's so natural, so don't be concerned.

Some people complain about the little chunks of coconut in it but if you rinse your hair after you shampoo it...lol...then you'll get it all out.

Also on the pricier side but you're really paying for the quality.

Highly recommend.

The smell of this is absolutely divine, and it lathers up pretty well. I have straight hair, but its super dry, this made my hair so soft and shiny and moisturized!!! Absolutely love it. The only down side to this is that there are pieces of coconut that get stuck in your hair and all over the bathtub.

My frizz is its own entity with this shampoo! I was disappointed because I've loved everything else I've tried from Lush. It does emphasize my curls a bit, but it dries out my hair and leaves it tangled. I'm still using my usual conditioner, but after I started using this shampoo I seriously have an inch of frizz standing up like a halo around my head. It's definitely not a smoothing formula, to say the least. The smell is nice and natural and I like that Lush does not test on animals, but I have to give up on this shampoo.

on 6/11/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this product after a Lush sales person recommended it to me last christmas. My hair was extremely dry and frizzy, so I was in desperate need for anything that good make my hair better. Curly Wurly became I hair saver for me. Not only, did my hair become more soft, I also got less frizzy hair and my curls looked better and more bouncy then ever. Not to mention, the smell is amazing!

Curly Wurly can be difficult to get properly in your hair. As long as your hair is really wet, it won´t be as difficult. Because of the price, I use another shampoo as well as Curly Wurly. When I apply the other shampoo first, I find it easier to apply Curly Wurly afterwards.

For anyone with curly or wavy hair: This product is a must-have and without any doubt, worth every penny.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this shampoo, naturally i have very curly hair (although at the moment i have ruined it with bleach so working on that!) and I've used this often in the past and found it made my hair soft and shiny, it smells lovely and the coconut pieces makes it feel like you are exfoliating your head and giving our scalp a good cleaning! lovely product, once my hair is fixed and grown a bit, i will be going straight back to using this!

on 3/26/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update:
I got a sample of this for fun since I hadn't bought it in a while. To my surprise it lathers like CRAZY. Lots and lots of suds, not at all what I remembered! After my shower, my hair was fuzzier-looking than before I got in. I checked the ingredients list and this shampoo now contains ammonium lauryl sulfate. Not sure if this alone was why my latest experience was so unpleasant, but I will likely not be buying this shampoo again. Bummer.

First tried this when I stayed at a friends' house and used hers in the shower the next morning and I fell in LOVE. Like her, I have hair that tends to frizz and kink/cowlick in silly places. I noticed after using this that my hair was somewhat smoother and more shiny. Plus I absolutely love the smell, it reeks of summer and coconut and all that which rocks. It does not lather up like most shampoos, which I did not mind because (usually) lather = sulfates = dry and fuzzy-looking hair. It also does have bits of coconut pulp in it - again, I didn't mind. I happen to have shorter hair so I never had any issue with bits of coconut getting stuck in my hair. Any that did linger after rinsing came out very easily with conditioning. I may purchase again for the summer :)

on 2/7/2014 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of Curly Wurly this past week. I had read the reviews on here so I was a little skeptical, but I thought I'd give it a go anyways. Curly Wurly comes in a black Lush container. Its a very thick, chunky kind of texture because it does have coconut shredding in it which made it all the more difficult to apply to my hair, not to mention when I tried to lather it into my strands. I tried to rub it in my hands first then apply it to my hair, but it didn't seem to make that much of a difference. I finally was able to distribute it all over my hair. After washing, I was able to get much of the coconut out of my hair, but later as I brushed my hair I noticed a few coconut pieces were falling out. It did, however, make my hair soft and smelling delicious.

An associate at Lush mentioned that Lush removed the coconut from Curly Wurly a while back, but that the costumers found it less effective so they decided to add it back in. She also told me that Curly Wurly is better for those who blow dry their hair after since the coconut pieces will fall out as you brush.

I'm not sure if I would purchase this product. Maybe? I don't know.I'm still deciding.

Top Rated LUSH Products