August 1, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lipstick - Napoleon Perdis - Divine Goddess Lipstick In Aphrodite

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

I've been in the market for a red lipstick to match my skintone for quite a while. I'd just about given up hope until I stumbled upon this one. It is exactly what I needed--a rich, blue-based red. It made me realize that all of the reds I've tried up until now have had horrible orange hints in it, which just clash with my skin.
While bright, this color is not overwhelming. It doesn't look ridiculous on me. I feel like a woman wearing this, and not like a 12-year-old playing with her mother's makeup.
I like to line my lips with a nude lip liner first, then apply the lipstick. It has a mostly matte finish and I love how it pops in contrast to my dark hair and pale skin. My lips don't feel dry or cakey, but instead smooth and moisturized. The price is pretty high for this, but since I'm only going to wear it on special occasions, I did not mind shelling out the money. Plus, for something that looks this great, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A perfect cool red - I love it and for someone with a medium but cool skin complexion this worked well.

Texture was fantastic - I would suggest lining lips with a wax pencil and then softly with a lip pencil and then apply with a brush, blot and reapply.

Normally I find darker colours very tricky to apply evenly, the texture is so smooth and when you apply with a brush quite a little bit goes a long way. It was also quite long lasting, I applied at 6pm before a function and starting drinking champagne at about 6.30 and ate around 7.30pm. I reapplied after dinner but it seemed to stay, didnt bleed and I really just touched up if anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 3:17:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ooooh I love this! It's a perfect, pure, blue based red without any horrible orange tones to it. I've been searching for a good red for 7 months now, something reminiscent of old hollywood actresses... and this is it. Now I have 11 red lipsticks I'm never going to wear! As far as red lipstick goes, Aphrodite is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely gorgeous. I was talking to a wonderful Sephora rep who told me that if I loved vibrant colors and wanted moisture reminiscent of Dior, that I would love this line. She recommended this and Calypso after telling her what I wanted. This actually rivals my Dior Rouge Celebrity Red (though nothing tops Dior Addicts Positive Red). This is a very rich, deep, vibrant blue based red that has not a hint of orange in it. It's bold, beautiful and looks like pure red carpet velvet on your lips. I didn't know what to think as I saw all the positive reviews on NARS and was horrified by their excruciatingly dry formula that left my lips uncomfortable and parched. So when Sephora suggested this I was concerned because they also rave about NARS. The rep I was talking to promised this would not feel like NARS and she was right on the money! It's not quite as beautifully moisturizing as Dior's Rouge or Dior Addict but it comes really close. The colors are drop dead gorgeous and true to form. This made me look like a movie star and left my lips feeling silky and lush. This takes Dior's Celebrity red deeper. This looks like a rich cherry on your lips but without being even remotely garish. I love this color! This is truly lovely lipstick! They have an amazing color selection and what impresses me most is that the colors really look like what you see online. Very decadent stuff. It goes on matte with just the tiniest drop of shine that is barely detectable. What I loved most is that I can add a drop of my beloved CO Bigelow Mentha Shine in Root Beer or Vanilla Cola over this and get the most gorgeous brilliant vibrant lip gloss imaginable! Gorgeous either way!