Sensodyne - Pronamel

4.2

Active Ingredients: Potassium Nitrate (5%), Sodium Fluoride (0.15% w/v Fluoride Ion). Inactive Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Flavor, Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, PEG 8, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/16/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I grew up using arm and hammer toothpaste. My parents always insisted it's the best, but after brushing my mouth tasted what I imagine toilet water tastes like. In terms of whitening or protection I didn't think Arm & Hammer was anything special.

I've been using Sensodyne for about 2 years now, and I don't plan on replacing it. The formula is creamy and sudsy, like a fine shampoo but for your mouth. My mouth feels brand new when I use it. My favorite thing is that it feels as if it nurtures the mouth, it cleans well without the sting. Your breath smells like absolutely nothing after brushing - which I love. I encourage you to try it....don't let the obnoxious commercials throw you off!

on 4/28/2013 3:56:00 PM

There's this fresh mint taste I have grown used to after brushing my teeth, so sensodyne is taking some getting used to. The taste is weird. But I'm using it because my boyfriend testified that it works on staining and sensitivity.

I have to use a sensative toothpaste and my dentist said sensodyne is the best. I tried the pronamel kind and didn't care for it. It does help with the sensitivity but it looks like it doesn't clean my teeth really well. I notice a few stains inbetween my teeth. One thing i like is the packaging. The cap clicks on and off. Just a cool thing...lol The regular sensodyne is better.

on 12/15/2012 6:41:00 PM

I'd like to preface with that I wanted to leave a review for the original Sensodyne toothpaste, but the "pronamel" one kept appearing. I haven't use the "pronamel", but I've used the original Sensodyne for many years and that's the only toothpaste that I use. The flavor that I prefer is "original flavor," and just an fyi that one is supposed to use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth while brushing in an up-and-down motion and *not* the usual left to right. It's supposed to coat (or help) the teeth more effectively that way. Please also remember to check with your dentist first as tooth sensitivity can actually be due to a cavity (hole), and if left untreated, the tooth can get infected (a tooth abscess) which can be very dangerous as sepsis (blood poisoning) can occur in addition to the root canal that costs *a lot* of money to treat.

on 6/2/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate that it doesn't give my mouth the feel of freshness that brushing teeth usually does (probably because the scent isn't as strong which most people like I guess), it hasn't helped my teeth sensitivity either. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/19/2012 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is amazing for getting rid of sensitivity, my dentist said to get this and that it's the best on the market and make sure to get the 'pronamel'. It helped me on the first use, it noticed that rinising wasnt nearly as bad, by the 3rd use all sensitivity is gone and stays away even through the day

on 2/21/2012 11:58:00 PM

This is for Sensodyne ProNamel Gentle Whitening. I insist on white teeth, but over the years, they have become quite sensitive. Enter this product - almost completely eliminates my sensitivity yet whitens enough that I can go longer in between treatments using whitening strips. This on its own does not keep my teeth white enough for me, but it does help and the fact I no longer have sensitivity (I'd say 98% gone as long as I continue to use) = color me happy! I can use my Sonicare, use whitening strips every few months all w/ no discomfort! Love this!. My actual rating is 4.5 because I would really like it if it whitened my teeth even more, but then perhaps I'm not very realistic...:)

on 12/29/2011 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This review is not necessarily the pronamel variety, but for Sensodyne in general. I have used this brand on and off since my teens and tried several of their offerings. This toothpaste does desensitize, my lips do not dry out unlike other with other brands and I have never had a cavity. No complaints at all

on 12/16/2011 9:32:00 AM

I had some oral surgery and went in for a recheck. I mentioned how sensitive my teeth were, never experienced this before, it was awful, even drinking water sent shock waves! They recommended I try this and wow, I can use my sonic again and the pain is gone. If you have sensitivity issues I highly recommend this product, it works ;)

on 9/17/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually am lucky not to have sensitive teeth even though my mother has it. She uses Sensodyne (but not the Pronamel) and swears by it. I switched to this toothpaste because it does not have SLS. When I move to a new area, I was getting more mouth ulcers and this definitely helped in abating them or making it significantly less painful when brushing my teeth. I have already repurchased this in Europe and there is only one flavour here. I found that sweet taste hard to get use to at first, but I expect to find a better selection in North America. Until I try another "alternative" toothpaste, I am sticking with this one.

Popular Other Products