November 24, 2014 | 844 users online

Other - Sensodyne - Pronamel

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by fivestar15

There's this fresh mint taste I have grown used to after brushing my teeth, so sensodyne is taking some getting used to. The taste is weird. But I'm using it because my boyfriend testified that it works on staining and sensitivity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I have to use a sensative toothpaste and my dentist said sensodyne is the best. I tried the pronamel kind and didn't care for it. It does help with the sensitivity but it looks like it doesn't clean my teeth really well. I notice a few stains inbetween my teeth. One thing i like is the packaging. The cap clicks on and off. Just a cool thing...lol The regular sensodyne is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kind1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd like to preface with that I wanted to leave a review for the original Sensodyne toothpaste, but the "pronamel" one kept appearing. I haven't use the "pronamel", but I've used the original Sensodyne for many years and that's the only toothpaste that I use. The flavor that I prefer is "original flavor," and just an fyi that one is supposed to use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth while brushing in an up-and-down motion and *not* the usual left to right. It's supposed to coat (or help) the teeth more effectively that way. Please also remember to check with your dentist first as tooth sensitivity can actually be due to a cavity (hole), and if left untreated, the tooth can get infected (a tooth abscess) which can be very dangerous as sepsis (blood poisoning) can occur in addition to the root canal that costs *a lot* of money to treat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hate that it doesn't give my mouth the feel of freshness that brushing teeth usually does (probably because the scent isn't as strong which most people like I guess), it hasn't helped my teeth sensitivity either. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for getting rid of sensitivity, my dentist said to get this and that it's the best on the market and make sure to get the 'pronamel'. It helped me on the first use, it noticed that rinising wasnt nearly as bad, by the 3rd use all sensitivity is gone and stays away even through the day

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

This is for Sensodyne ProNamel Gentle Whitening. I insist on white teeth, but over the years, they have become quite sensitive. Enter this product - almost completely eliminates my sensitivity yet whitens enough that I can go longer in between treatments using whitening strips. This on its own does not keep my teeth white enough for me, but it does help and the fact I no longer have sensitivity (I'd say 98% gone as long as I continue to use) = color me happy! I can use my Sonicare, use whitening strips every few months all w/ no discomfort! Love this!. My actual rating is 4.5 because I would really like it if it whitened my teeth even more, but then perhaps I'm not very realistic...:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is not necessarily the pronamel variety, but for Sensodyne in general. I have used this brand on and off since my teens and tried several of their offerings. This toothpaste does desensitize, my lips do not dry out unlike other with other brands and I have never had a cavity. No complaints at all

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by loveoutdoors

I had some oral surgery and went in for a recheck. I mentioned how sensitive my teeth were, never experienced this before, it was awful, even drinking water sent shock waves! They recommended I try this and wow, I can use my sonic again and the pain is gone. If you have sensitivity issues I highly recommend this product, it works ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Thena

I actually am lucky not to have sensitive teeth even though my mother has it. She uses Sensodyne (but not the Pronamel) and swears by it. I switched to this toothpaste because it does not have SLS. When I move to a new area, I was getting more mouth ulcers and this definitely helped in abating them or making it significantly less painful when brushing my teeth. I have already repurchased this in Europe and there is only one flavour here. I found that sweet taste hard to get use to at first, but I expect to find a better selection in North America. Until I try another "alternative" toothpaste, I am sticking with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by little_blueberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe I am doing a review on toothpaste!! :D Oh well. I was recommended this product from my new dentist. I have very sensitive teeth (it seems i'm plagued with sensitivity), and up until May of this year, had been using either natural toothpaste or Arm and Hammer Baking Soda Whitening toothpaste. Yeah, big mistake on the Arm and Hammer...seeing as how it was too abrasive for my teeth. This toothpaste doesn't irritate the sensitive parts of my teeth at all, and it has definetely helped in whitening my teeth I believe. It might have something to do with the electric toothbrush I use (the darn thing is awesome), but I give the credit to both! I am a major oral hygiene junkie, so this toothpaste has definetely impressed me. To be clear, I am getting the Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening in Alpine Breeze. My boyfriend (who doesn't have any dental problems or sensitivities) started using it as well because he noticed a change in my teeth. It doesn't foam nearly as much as the natural toothpaste I was using previously, which is awesome because I feel like I can rinse all the paste and bubbles out of my mouth when I am done brushing. Only problem I have with the product lies in the packaging...unless you remember to stand the tube up on its cap (my boyfriend does but after I use it I always forget to put it back upright), the product gets kinda annoying to squeeze out of the silicone-like tube. Oh well...a small price to pay for a good toothpaste. I have repurchased several times, and I can't wait to show my dentist my whiter teeth (cheesy I know, but I have a great set of teeth and I'm always complimented on them!).