September 2, 2014 | 1539 users online

Liquid - MAC - satin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by aimeepoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation isn't too greasy, and gives a nice, sheer finish. The packaging is simple, which i like. It goes on really smoothly, and it moisturizes. I used to suffer with dry flaky skin in the winter but after putting this on, unlike most foundations, it didn't show my dry skin, and it felt really hydrating. This foundation, in the light, makes my skin look shimmery, which i don't like, it also doesn't give enough coverage. Within a few hours, my face looked orange, when the shade was perfect for my skin.
Overall it's a good foundation if you don't need full coverage like i do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

I use it in wintertime, because my skin often lacks the glow and a fresh look, when it´s cold and dark.
I´m a NC 20 with acne-prone combination skin.
With other fondations, I often felt they gave a too mat and unnatural looking skin. It gives a soft glow and makes your skin look even and bright.
In summertime however, I prefer an tinted moisturizer, because when the sun shines on your skin, I feel that the glow in this foundation is a little bit too much.
No breakouts or other bad reactions.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by XanthBlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i never used mac before buyin this foundation and unfortunatly got a colour too dark for me :( so i dont really wear it as an overall foundation now just for contouring. But it does apply really easily and evenly leaves a nice glow however i can feel it sitting on my skin and it did give me a few spots :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by farhana26

I read the reviews and was scared to try it. But i was curious so I bought it anyway. I am a NC30 and I just fell in love with this product. It didn't make my skin orange or sparkle. It had a nice sheer light weight feel and it did make my skin glow. Not oily at all. I used it with my HD makeup forever primer and I also tried it with MAC's prep + prime and both times it worked great with my skin. This is not a full coverage foundation so if you are trying to cover up blemishes it's not the right one for you or if you have blemishes, studio fix will be a better pick. Also this is perfect for the winter wear and it doesn't come off after couple of hours unless you take it off. I even fell asleep with it on and so far no break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by AuraOfBeauty

This is my first time buying anything/trying MAC. I love how it has a shimmer to it but it gives me too much shine. The only "problem" I have with my skin are the light spots on my cheekbones and this foundation covers them well. If you want a natural, sheer coverage, this is for you. I was a little hesitant about the price but after using it , I realized this is actually a great buy. Plus I only use two pumps when applying it so this bottle will last me a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ilgs

So-so is the best word for it. Yet partially it's because of the specifics of my skin, so I gave it 4 points and not 3.
It's watery, goes on nicely, yet it has a problem with coverage. When you use too little, you don't have any coverage, no change in skin tone - in short, no difference between this and going nude.
When you try to build coverage, it becomes flaky and you get the caked-up look.
I think it would work better on drier skins.
The bottle is too big, too - you pay extra $$$ and it goes bad before you use it all up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use MAC Satin foundation in NC20. The color was beautiful & the foundation went on very sheer. However, even after setting it with powder, it would disappear before the end of the work day....& I have mostly dry skin with occasional T zone oiliness. I prefer MAC Face & Body (N1), sold only at MAC stores, MAC Studio Tech (NW15) or Physicians Formula Pressed Powder mineral foundation in Translucent Light. I hate MAC's shimmery fake looking mineral foundations. Maybe the Satin foundation formula has changed, as people say it is thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2004 3:10:00 AM More reviews by huggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in C4. This is great for my combination, acne-prone skin. So far, I haven't broken out. It evens out the color of my face. It doesn't really cover blemishes, though, so I need to use a concealer to hide my acne marks.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Randit

i diden't like it at all. it feels very heavy and thick. the good thing about it is it does cover very well if you like the heavy feeling foundation. it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2004 6:21:00 AM More reviews by chryaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found this to be a really good foundation. It covers, but blends in very well into the skin. I use it on top of my moisturiser in the mornings. Doesn't give a matte cake-y look, soft and sheer. Very nice. Too bad they don't sell MAC products in Indonesia