Essie Lady Like

4.6

on 7/3/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have very red fingertips but a yellow undertone, so lots of polished in the nude range don't look good and/or accentuate the ruddiness. This seems to slightly downplay the red, and is a very pretty, neutral but not too plain color. Application is very smooth, and the formula is very self leveling on me. I could definitely get away with one coat but usually wear 2 for a little extra evenness and durability. I also have demure vix, which looks nearly the same in the bottle, but imo are enough different that if you like either color, you'd enjoy having the other too.

on 3/30/2015 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

love this color - am always looking for nudes that look good on me. because i have golden medium skin, most often they look either like a band-aid (too pink) or too brown/yellowish. This one went on nicely beginning at one coat and has a nice mauvish look. Will see what the lasting power is....

on 2/23/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my FAVORITE polish color, by far. The color is a perfect "my nails but better", neutral mauve-y shade. It doesn't stand out but I've had friends notice the shine on my nails, and then the color, and fall in love.
This color goes on opaque even in one coat, I think, but I still do two for good measure. It's a cream finish. It lasts like a normal Essie polish. With a good base coat and top coat, I can make it go chip free for about two-three days and I can get a good wear with reasonable touch ups for about a week. Not quite a nude but not quite colorful, it's perfect.

on 12/13/2014 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

"Ladylike" is what happens when Essie formula goes right. There are a lot of Essie polishes that look beautiful in the bottle and end up an awful streaky mess. "Ladylike" is not one of them. It's a beautiful mauve-y greige that is fabulously understated. Completely opaque in two coats, I usually do three anyway. Definitely a great neutral polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my go-to polishes! It is a fantastic neutral that goes with everything. No shimmer, but if I want a shimmer I put one coat of Sinful Colors' glass pink or social ladder over top two coats of this polish.

on 3/28/2014 10:49:00 AM

This is your standard I have no idea what I want to put on but need something polishes. This pink/plum toned mauve is so subtle but goes with everything you are wearing . A perfect neutral . I call it my interview color. It's not loud and will work with a suit or pants and a sweater and take you through a night out too. It's a cream shade so no frost or shimmer. Essie polishes for me have always been good for being on the higher price side of a drug store polish. I work for a manufacturer so I'm not only on a keyboard in the office but in the warehouse as well. Normal wear for me is about 2-3 days. with Essie a base and a top coat I have pushed this to 4 days and even taken it though to my part time job at a medical spa without looking dull and chipped. So if you are looking for a neutral long lasting polish that will look perfect on any length of nail try this one! This is a standard in my polishes

on 1/28/2014 6:39:00 PM

This is an original, pretty neutral shade. It's a perfect blend of light purple and gray, and maybe just a touch a beige in their too. In darker lighting it looks almost completely soft grey but in daylight (direct or indirect) it shows a lovely soft purple with slight facets of light grey. It's very work appropriate btw. I know that this is going to be one of my new favorite shades, especially when I want a break from red or light pinks. This shade is elegant but not stuffy or boring. It applies extremely easily, not bubbles, streaks, and bald spots. Seems to be lasting rather well, although not quite as well as other essie polishes I own due to a slight retracting of the polish at the tip of the nails, but it's not that noticeable. a winner!

on 9/27/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first saw this on the shelf I knew I had to have it. When I wore it for the first time I was not very fond of it at all however. But I kept it on and started seeing how it was a gorgeous blend of purple, gray and occasionally a pale blue/pink. With noticing this, I appreciated how polished and tidy it made my nails look. I got many compliments on it also! :) It counts to me as a "neutral". Definitely my must have color out of my collection. Will buy again if need be.

on 9/25/2013 7:31:00 PM

This colour can be a pretty nude colour for some people. For me, I'm still looking for my perfect nude colour. For those who love this colour, Dior's incognito can be a good dupe. It is a slightly pinker version of lady like. I was trying it on at sephora the other day, and I happened to be wearing lady like that day, they look almost identical.

will i buy it again: maybe. i'm also willing to try other brands. a lot of them have similar colours as lady like as well

on 7/17/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this shade in the bottle but once I applied it I thought it was too muted for me...too much of a mauve shade.

Popular Polishes