October 26, 2014 | 1571 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch - Touche Mate - Oil-Free Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

This primer very thick, very siliconey and smells very nice. The tube it comes in is practical and you can control the amount you squeeze out, which should be VERY little.
It leaves a velvety finish and does have some filling action, as well as a mild oil control. If you, however, use too much of it (ie more than a light film on the skin) then say hello to a dry, flaky mess when you apply your foundation on top. The foundation just sits on top of it, looking thick and anything but natural, and it also starts rubbing off after a while.
All in all, this product is not for me, I prefer primers that sink in and give a glowy result along with oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by toria444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the only face primer I keep going back to! I have super oily/acne prone skin. Usually with other primers, I already have to blot my face within two hours of putting on my makeup. I originally bought this at Bloomingdale's and a year later when I needed to buy another one because I thought I lost it, I went back there to get it. However, the woman at the counter said that they no longer sell it. I was so bummed! I tried Sephora and they too no longer carry it. Since, I have tried Bare Minerals (because I use their foundation), Tarte, Smashbox, and Lorac. All of them are nothing compared to this product. I have recently found my original YSL primer and have been using it again. The great thing about this primer is that you can use it on top of your foundation to touch-up, if needed (this comes in handy when wearing it all day/night. The smell is pleasing and the results are instant! I did some more research and saw that YSL has it on their website, so it has not been discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this.
I was looking for a good primer for my oily/combo skin.

When i saw the reviews i decided to pick this up.

It feels very velvety to the touch and does instantly make my skin look matte.
But within an hour my skin looks oily again and my foundation does not last.

Im not a fan of the scent either,im not sensitive to smells but this is not very pleasant.

On top of that it broke me out on my chin and forehead..

I'm so dissapointed:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by orangebubble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, I have tried both cheap (Rimmel) and expensive (lancome) primers and this by far is the best I have tried. It is pricey and the tube is small but you only need a little and I would now consider it a make up staple which i will continue to repurchase.
It keeps my make up looking fresh and matt all day, my skin is so smooth when applying foundation too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Ingermt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

YSL Matt Touch primer (white). The best ever. Nothing comes next to it. I have tried several products during the last 8 months (perfume specialist recommendations), but still found nothing to replace the Matt Touch. Unfortunately it is no longer available in Denmark and YSL knows nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by DoppelgangerMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was once young and foolish (not that I stopped being foolish now that I'm older.. wheeen will I never leaaarn??? Anyway, I digress) and I saw this golden tube of joy in a "Vogue" spread on current beauty favourites of a MUA. I'm not a sucker for pretty packaging and I don't tend to fall for high-end classy products... But this time.. I did. I got my mother to get this for me from the duty free shop when she went away. When I got it on my hands for the first time it was a holy grail moment. I saw myself living the miracle..No more visible pores! I put it on and my skin was so velvety, so matte and pretty! But as I was applying it, it started to clump into a mass. Let me describe it better. You know, when you use a rubber eraser to erase a pencil and small rubery residue falls from the eraser? That was what was left on my face and my hands. Rubbery residue! I tried to apply less, I tried to apply more.. My skin didn't seem to agree with the consistency of the product. Sometimes I got it to stay on but an hour later I would see the thing pushing itself out of my pores, being fairly visible from a close distance. I tried it with various foundations like Estee Lauder, Mac and L'oreal ones, but nothing worked.. I never gave up on using it, but it would fail me every time. Very dissapointed.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mjvp30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic. I have been using it for years as it does what it's supposed to do. Keeps a brilliant matt finish come rain, shine, hot or cold. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Mestisanz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the 2nd primer I've owned, the first being the Napoleon auto-pilot one. I thought my NP was good but I had to wait a while for it to sink in. This YSL one is AMAAAAZING! Totally different to my other one. I love the smell and my Clarins Everlasting foundation glides so well overtop! Since it's more on the pricier side I would just wear this in the weekends as during the week I wear a BB cream and setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Matt Touch is an excellent primer if you have oily skin or any oily T-zone. I would not recommend it for anyone with normal or dry skin because it's oil absorbing and slightly drying. I have an oily T-zone, especially my forehead and nose, and this product works great. I use it after my serum and moisturizer have had a few minutes to sink in. I use a decent amount of it on my T-zone before appying powder foundation. It really, really helps the foundation last and prevents it from sinking into my pores. It also controls oil, not completely, but significantly better than if you wore nothing. It has not caused me to breakout so unless I find something better, I will continue to purchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Really adorable product for refining pores.... But where are all the fair shades???? I got this in nr 04, which is far, far to dark for me (I'm a NW 15/NC 15 during winter)... I can't believe that the nordic countries only offers 6 shades in this and the 04 is the lightest!!!

This is really, really I big minus - not offering a wide range of shades especially in northern Europe where people really are pale!! And therefore I'll give this product only 2 lippies.