Essie Raspberry

4.5

on 2/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous berry toned red. I saw it on pinterest and ordered online without ever seeing it in person first. Its a great shade for all year round. It lasts well and applies smoothly. Dries quickly. I love this polish

on 1/30/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As the name says this is the exact colour of a raspberry!! It's a very versatile colour which would go with any outfit and looks lovely anytime of the year. I apply 2 coats and it lasts for ages (as with all Essies). It has a creme finish with no shimmer just a lovely pinky-reddy-purple colour.

on 9/28/2012 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Picked up this polish because I wanted a berry color for the fall and because this didn't look too vampy for my tastes. The formula is a bit on the runny side so you have to be careful with it, but it dries rapidly, which is a plus. The color is a bit streaky in 1 coat, much smoother and more opaque with 2 coats, and probably perfect with 3 coats (although I only use 2).

The color is a little bit of a chameleon. In the bottle, it's more much berry / purple-y than it is on the nails. In low, warm light, this looks like a rich crimson creme - beautiful, but not exactly what I was looking for. You'll only notice the berry aspect in bright, white light, or if you're outdoors in bright sunlight. Personally, that hint of berry is what draws me to this polish, but I'm going to take off a lippie because it's so hard to notice.

on 7/6/2012 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

From the bottle, this color looks like a strident fuchsia, but on your nails, it morphs into a beautiful deep rose that is not quite red and not quite pink. It's the same rose that you would stop to admire in a beautiful rose garden. It is a very sophisticated color, and can be enjoyed every season. But it's just a little too common.

on 4/13/2012 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

One of my favourite for atumn/winter. I love the deep pink colour so much. It looks so chic and when you use a topcoat over it it really last for days!

on 1/20/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Essie Raspberry is a beautiful color with just the right amount of purple in the bottle. However, it paints a banal blue-based red.

Dry time is great, wear time is great; however color is very difficult to get even.

on 11/19/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is such a pretty colour, the name says it all. The colour reminds me of when you do a thin coat of Chanel's Rouge Noir and it has that pinky-red look. It's an opaque creme and not streaky at all. The staying power is excellent asweel. This was my first Essie nail varnish!!

on 10/6/2010 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this shade for my colors, I'm a pale NW15-20 natural ash blonde. Raspberry is the polish I reach for when I'm not sure what to wear, it's not too pink and girly, nor is it too dark and ladylike, just feminine and pretty with a hint of sex and fun.

It goes well with my skin both tan and pale and I find it sophisticated without being boring or conservative. Perfect everyday pink-red.

Staying power is excellent as with all Essie polishes.

This is a really fun colour. I too would call it more pink than red, and more pink than purple. It is a really deep pink, like fuschia. In some lights it does look red, but in full sunlight or bright light, it is definitely pink.

Great colour to brighten up a black outfit this summer. I feel very happy with this colour on my nails and toes!

on 4/5/2009 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This color is more me than Swing Velvet for example, which I also get lately. So, the color is now in the group of purples, I would never put it there - red or pink is much more appropriate. I'm fair cool toned, so the color is great for going well with my skin and my taste. Color is vibrant - especially with one coat, great application, no strikes, opaque with one coat. I think it is great summery and fally color. I would describe it as true fuchsia (as the flower is) with bright red base, not purple one. Color is very feminine, it would be great for those who usually wears red. Color is different in different lights - on some is purple (for example light of computer screen), on some is fuchsia, on some really just red. Interesting. No shimmer. It's a color I would finish.

Top Rated Essie Products