December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Cicaplast

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So disapointet.

Pros:
- When applied spot concealing is more easy - it conceales better for somehow.

Cons:
- NO oil control (!!)
- Can make my foundation seem much heavyer and cacky (not everytime, but almost)
- I'm concernt that this is the reason for some huge breakouts (but keep in mind that I have no idea if it's caused by something else!)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by katiem555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Planned to use this as a moisturiser but it didn't cut it in that category, can't blame it for that though as it makes no claim to be one. Can't vouch for its healing properties yet as I've only been using it a fortnight. Works well as a primer presumably because of the silicone. Feels very siliconey and gel-like, and it leaves a residue on my skin, like it doesn't seem to sink in properly. The smell doesn't bother me but is definitely there, not fragrant though.

I like the tube because it isn't so stiff that I won't be able to get the last of the product out, and I hate jars because it just seems so unsanitary, so the tube is a win. Packaging is no-frills.
It's cheap enough and a little seems to go a long way so that isn't an issue either.
Seems to leave my skin red, I have rosacea so I can't see this being problematic for most people.

Honestly I'm pretty indifferent, it hasn't caused any breakouts but I really don't like the fact it has silicones in it - I'm not siliconephobic but I'd just rather not have it in my skincare. Can't abide the redness, and, as I said, hasn't been of any benefit to me thus far. I'm going to finish the tube and see if it does my hyperpigmentation/ SD/ rosacea any good in the long-run. I'll update this if it does. As for now it hasn't done any harm. This would probably be a good treatment to be paired with an intensive moisturiser for those on accutane because it does smooth out the skin and it does work nicely as a base for makeup.
Might be good as a barrier for people who are derma rolling too. I think if I ever started derma rolling I'd try this out again, though I think Healgel Intensive might do the job better on that front.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mua234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely fair oily skin I use this product constantly when I get a blemish it helps it heal faster so I don't scar too bad when its gone. Having very fair skin my scars take much longer to fade when I get a blemish and this product when used as a spot treatment hands down is the best for helping the epidermis of my skin heal faster. where my skin is so oily I can't use this in the day if im going out in public because its not greasy but gives a shine to my face so I use it as a night treatment. Amazing product, even if you have normal, dry, oily etc type skin its a great product to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this product two ways: as a barrier cream to aid recovery, and as a makeup primer, so I'll break this review into two parts. Cicaplast is a fragrance-free, relatively thick gel with a smooth, silicone finish that is slightly shiny but not greasy. The package is a long, narrow tube with a screw-off cap (somewhat fiddly) and a narrow nozzle.

Barrier cream: I've used this product on dry, sore blemishes to help them heal faster, over the top of a more fluid lip balm to help dry lips, and my mom has borrowed it to use on the backs of her dry, cracking hands. It has performed well in all cases, helping skin to heal faster and reducing friction over the skin so that it's not re-injured. It will not take the place of a regular moisturizer or of a first aid treatment, but this product bridges the gap between these two things very nicely. It has not contributed to any further pore clogging or outbreaks.

Primer: I've found that this works better over small areas to smooth down texture rather than applied all over the face. It does not help my concealer to last longer and does not prevent eye makeup from creasing or facing. It does correct the texture of rough patches of skin (flakes, large pores, drying blemishes) so that I can apply concealer over them with minimal caking. If you're looking for an all-over primer to improve the performance of your makeup, I don't recommend Cicaplast. If you're looking to even out specific areas of poor texture to help with makeup application and performance, this is worth a try.

Overall, a very nice product to have and I would repurchase it, but it's not an absolute essential. Does its job very well but is not an item that everyone needs. I would prefer a flip cap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I like this product: when my skin is irritated, red, and maybe at the end of that little episode of 'Spots and lots of em' this product will calm my skin, reduce redness and make everything ok. Not to be used everyday (for me its quite heavy and I suspect could be a pore blocker!) but one to take out now and again when the face is misbehaving, or better to help it heal after misbehaving. Plus its quite cheap for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it has all I wanted~gel cream, unscented, light and has slip, so it would make a great primer, but...
It makes my face itch; wheals, welts, hives. But it healed some pick scars (I know I know) pretty fast. Maybe it's all the silicone. I don't *think* I do very well with 'cones. I'll exchange for Cicaplast Baume B5. I'll review that accordingly. Sheeyat. I liked the texture so much :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, I'm really impressed by this product...I got a 3ml sample of cicaplast a couple of months ago and used it on my cheeks that got irritated by Clarisonic...for 3 days my skin was red and hurt. I applied cicaplast 2-3 times and in 2 days my cheeks came back to normal and I felt like my skin got stronger so I continued using my clarisonic without any problem. So last week I got a really bad cold, I kept sneezing every minute like crazy and my nose got so red, flaky and my skin hurt a lot...again, I applied it 1-2 times and my skin calmed down incredibly. So today I went to the pharmacy and bought the full size (for 110 norwegian krones) coz this is really worth the money, I would purchase it even if it cost the double... just whish the PAO was 12 months instead of 6, most lrp products have a really short PAO!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ChiahHui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WILL NEVER LIVE WITHOUT THIS. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I am on Accutane and have dry flaky dehydrated eczema prone skin that still breaks out time to time (only on my 3rd month) so yeah my skin pretty much went thru hell until I found this amazing soothing primer/skin healer. I wash my face, tone, apply a hydrating serum (Bioderma Hydrabio Serum - check it out!) and then I use this all over as a primer. it seals in the moisture from my hydrators too. and provides a nice smooth base for my bb cream/foundation. makeup lasts all day, even when I cry or sweat. and this smoothes away all the darned flakies! DOES NOT CLOG PORES. DOES NOT. make sure u remove it properly at the end of the night as it is silicone based. I use the Bioderma micelle solution, gets it all off. my skin is smooth, less eczema prone, red marks heal faster. I've stocked up on 2 extra bottles! buy it!!!!!! now! wash tone hydrating serum (IMPORTANT) Cicaplast foundation/bb cream powder to set if u want to :) (I use mac prep and prime loose translucent powder). voilah flawless skin. yes even on Accutane. best of luck!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading rave reviews extolling its healing powers on various beauty blogs. Honestly it did nothing on an ingrown hair scar that I keep picking at, and it also burns slightly if I apply it to red, peeling skin. Good old Polysporin honestly works much better.

I have dry skin, so I tried it on my dry patches and peeling lips - it didn't make any difference.

Overall I found it a waste of money. Maybe I'll try the Avene Cicalfate next. My skin tends to do better with rich creams rather than siliconey products like this one.