December 20, 2014 | 1732 users online

Concealers - Elizabeth Arden - Sheer Lights Iluminating Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mamminstagram

This will be my first negative comment on Makeup Alley.
The only reason why I purchased this is because it was on sale.
I'm sooo glad I didn't buy it full price. It wasn't Illuminating at all, no shimmer or brightness.
When I opened the pen for the first time, the brush was bent and ruined by the lid. Everytime a click the pen, it comes out the sides and drips down the pen.
Given this product away and wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by asomerset

I love this product. I use it under my eyes to cover dark circles, and it instantly brightens the under eye area. It feels light and not heavy when applied-which I think is very important for under the eyes. It is also very moisturizing and does not dry out before you can blend it out properly-like other concealers do.
I have been using this for the last 4 years and have yet to find a better one! Price is very affordable if you buy online from StrawberryNet.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by laurelrea

A gorgeous highlighter. I use this under my mildly dark eyes and it seriously takes years off my face. I have fair to medium skin and I have this in the shade "soft" and it's absolutely perfect on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Betto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my Goood!!! In love already! <33 HG highlighter pen
Okay so I bought the Sheer Lights Illuminating Pen today, not too many hours ago. But I just HAD to write my review ASAP. Since I've only been wearing it for a short time, I cannot comment on the staying power, but if it's bad I'll update.
I came home and thought I had made the usual mistake of buying something I don't really need(!). I was wrong. Wroong. Applied the product - not a huge difference, but my dark circles (who are not actually that dark, but kind of hollow) seemed lighter. Then I took a step back from the huge mirror which was so close to my face. NOW I could see the big difference! Before applying I thought my face looked okay - and it probably did look *okay*. And nothing more than that. This concealer/highlighter made my face look sooo much more well-rested. I think due to stress and lack of sleep our faces can often get a more "hardened" look -- this product softens the expression a lot! (Made me look younger actually, even though I'm quite young :P) Especially if you also use it not only under your eyes but in both the inner and outer corner of your eyes and other places where there are shadows.
The coverage of the product is quite sheer, so applying a tiny amount is not enough. But you don't have to a apply a huge lot either. What I really like about this product is its consistency and finish. A MUA did my face once and she used Dior's Skinflash. It was not bad, but when I came home and looked in my bathroom mirror I could really see where she had put it. I think the color was okay but I suspect its consistency was too thick. I've been using different kinds on concealers in the past, but they all made my undereye aera look dry or "heavy". Even though this pen does not have super coverage I don't think you really need it since it also illuminates. On me, at least, this products looks sooo natural! It seems(?) more moisturizing - or at least less drying - than the other illuminating pens I've tried. Finish (on my normal to dry skin) is quite semi-matte.
One MUA told me that the effect highlighter pens give is much more obvious on photos. Haven't tested this myself, and doesn't matter to me anyway since I don't like being on photos, but if you plan to take your photos using this I think it would be wise to use less amount of product and steer away from using a shade that too light, even if it's not that much a difference without flash.
It's quite expensive, especially considering you do not get much product. Looks cheaper than, say, YSL Touche Eclat, but is probably not since it contains less product. (I tried Touche Eclat and liked it, but it seemed to have less coverage - not really a concealer.) The container is really not that small but you have to twist it a lot of times, and then some more! (so do not necessarily assume you got a faulty product)
In MAC I'm around NC20 (not darker) and I use 02 Natural. It's a *tad* too light (just a wee bit) but looks perfect when used as solely a luminator (ie; not as an under-eye concealer. Though works great under my eyes too.) I am not sure but I think it has a neutral undertone...
I find this product really light, and if you are like me (hmm, there's gotta be someone like me - or maybe not??) and find that all other concealers look really obvious and doesn't make a big difference, you might give this a try. Damn expensive but well worth the money! :) A winner! (...now let's see how many weeks of use I can get. Hmm :( ...)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This is ok I just prefer the Estee Lauder equivalent. I some redness and dry skin around my eyes and this covers up the red and doesn't irritate my eyes any further. I don'thave a major issue with dark circles but it covers up the skin discoloration I have in this area.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by dani1987

I purchased this product about 2 weeks ago after reading numerous reviews and i must say i was disappointed with the results. I found the colour quite translucent in contrast with my foundation as someone pointed out previously. I felt that it didn't conceal/brighten the eye area as well as concealers i have tried in the past, i actually prefer the body shop's blemish stick concealer which also works well as a under eye concealer:)
The brush dispenser meant to be used to blend and apply the product is actually pretty useless! Def not worth the price! Wouldn't re-purchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by 660eugenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find it is too translucent for a concealer , some of my foundations are a lot more covering than this and $45 is a way too much and a brush is way too long to do a good job

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Makeupaholic44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I, unfortunetly found this product by accident and too late. When I purchased a few items from this counter, one was thrown in as a bonus. I love it but have found that it is now discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Crazyvintagegirl

Loved this product, I was in my local Pharma Plus which just had renovations to include a higher end section. I was looking for some kind of under-eye highlighter and found this one to be the best. I went up to the cash, suspecting it to be over 25$ but found it was only 16$! I was thrilled and it has lasted me for months!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried almost all pen-type concealer/highlighters on the market, and they all share one flaw, namely that of being too drying on the skin in the long run. This pen from EA is quite nice, and not as drying as for instance, YSL's Touche Eclat, and the colours are nice, and natural. The result is quite natural and sheer, which is OK with me, since thick concealers have a tendency to settle into fine lines. But I still have to wear a rich cream underneath. So I'll keep looking for the HG. For the time being, this pen fits the bill in almost all respects.