September 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil 931A Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

Super creamy and glides on easily but it starts to smear on my eyelids after a few hours despite being 'waterproof'. Maybe if I used primer on my eyelids beforehand it would have longer staying power. Pretty cheap but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Creamy
Cons:
- Smudges
- Not waterproof
- Not good lasting power
- Not good pigmentation
Overall:
Im not impressed with this eyeliner. For starters it says its waterproof but when my eyes water and I rub them the eyeliner rubs off. It also says its smudge-free but when i rub my eyes it smudges. The pigmentation is okay. Its not as black as Ive seen some other eyeliners. I think the only good thing about this eyeliner is that it is very creamy. Im sad to say though this product is a fail for me anyway. I think there are better drugstore eyeliners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by swirlygirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing! It goes on creamy, doesn't tug the skin. Easily blendable, lasts longer than any eyeliner I've ever tried and doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive eyes. I've tried expensive hypoallergenic brands before and they've all made my eyes itch. I love this product and I'm so happy that I can now wear eyeliner daily. To make it even better, it only costs four dollars :-) Run, don't walk, to the drugstore, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using MUFE Aqua Eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil #10 in Black for a million years. Recently I was digging through my stash and found an NYC # 931A Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil, also in Black. All I can say is...WOW! I use thiis kind of pencil in the upper lash line to enhance my black mascara. I found the MUFE tends to smush down under my eye by day's end but just sort of accepted that. But the NYC doesn't budge! At all! No smudging!. And so much less spendy than the MUFE. Why did I let the NYC pencil lay dormant for so long???

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this in both black & dark brown. NYC re-vamped their packaging. It looks nice,new and sleek. I don't remember trying these liners but they rock! The other day, when I had bought them, I only had applied lotion to my face. That along with sunscreen & eye cream. My face was greasy and most make-up would've melted right off. Not this stuff! I applied the liner as soon as I got it and it stayed. It didn't transfer to my lid like some liners do and it didn't end up under my eyes either. I think I'll be forever re-buying these!
5/24/12 update: I have since switched over to Milani. This does smudge and move a little through out the day. Meanwhile Milani does not move at all. Still good for drugstore though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I have this in Black and Dark Brown. I LOVE this eyeliner. It's amazing. It lasts and last all day long with little to no smudging or transfering. The quality of this pencil is amazing. It sharpens well and doesn't flake or fall apart when you sharpen (I'm talking about the wood part). I ALWAYS stock up on these when I see them in the store becuase they are usually sold out. Fabulous product, great low, low price!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by janejp

This eyeliner stays on really well after putting it over my eyeshadow and primer. I don't have to worry about looking like a raccoon.

EDIT: I lost this eyeliner and borrowed my roommates'. One of them had Revlon - I was a raccoon by the time I got home. The other roommate uses Shiseido - that one wasn't as bad as Revlon but it still smudged. NYC is probably the cheapest of the the three yet it works the BEST.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this liner. I am always on a search 4 a pencil liner 4 my top lash line that will show up and wont rip out my lashes. So far so good with a 99cent liner. I always line my lashes aftr primer and cream base then again after shadows. Most liners cake up with my shadows so i found doing it this way helps with staying power and pigmentation. This is a great liner for ur lower lash line, decent 4 waterline but i normally use a white/pinky color. I have hay fever allergies so my eyes water outside alot : ( i have bougt 2 of these and i like the duos they have to for $1.99 theyre awesome too. Soft 2 apply no smudging and stay put during my 9hr work day so i cant complain. (My fav liner duo is the black/brown or bronze duo, its so pretty. The bronze liner is so pretty on the lower lash line. It brings out my brown eyes, wow!) So overall a must have! I find the Nyc liner pencils 2 be so much better than wetnwild, they have a more waxy formula so theyd be great 4 brows. But 4 eye liner, nyc is the way 2 go!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, another reject eyeliner. This stuff either flakes off or magically disappears by the end of the day. I perfer a very dark, definite, thick line, and this gave me a smudgy line. It DID go on really smooth, though, and didnt poke me in the eye with spilnters when it needed to be sharpened. Not for me but im not crying cuz it was only a buck =P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by lovelyrosequitecute

overall, this is a fantastic product! the fact that it is so affordable only adds on to how great it is! usually, im not a fan of pencil eyeliners, seeing as they always transfer to my bottom waterline, but this one (although it does happen occasionally), does not do so nearly as much! it doesnt transfer noticablely, and takes a very long time for it to do so. this product also lasts for a really long time, so you dont have to worry about redoing your makeup! DEFINITELY recommend, i also have this kind of eyeliner in plum purple, which makes for a wonderful and sort of chic look!