December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nubian Heritage - Soaps

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by zsazsa219

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

a m a z ing! if YOU want a soap,that makes you feel clean,soft,and pretty! this soap will get you there!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I 100% agree with everything the poster below said about these soaps. It was love at first try with these Nubian soaps. It's magic in a bar. The quality is outstanding and the smells are out of this world. It leaves my skin really feeling great, I can't explain how they do it, but this is unlike any soap I have ever tried. The Indian Hemp with Haitian Vetiver is my favorite line. Where have these Nubian products been all my life!!! I'm hooked for life!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are the BEST bar soaps on the market. I have tried every one they have and they are all amazing. They're buttery on the skin and smell lovely!

Don't you hate when bar soaps get all gross and dry out after a couple of uses? They have cracks, break apart, and lose their scent. Or maybe they just melt EVERYWHERE. It's nasty! These DON'T! They stay just like you opened it until it's gone! (They just get smaller! :D) I have never used up a WHOLE bar soap until now.

I don't know how this company does it, but they are doing something right! Every review on here (so far) is a 100%, because they are!

I even use the little chips of my almost depleted soaps, that are hard to hold in the shower, to clean my makeup brushes. I will probably NEVER purchase bar soaps from another company. I'm in love with these :D

Edit 5/13/13. I tried the peppermint bar, and this is the only bar from all of the ones they make I am not in love with. It smells more like licorice than peppermint, and the almond in it is too harsh, imo. I was hoping, this being peppermint, that it would have a cooling sensation (for my very sensitive legs after shaving), and it didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Skybeam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use quite some time nubian heritage Honey & Black Seed soap. It's lovely, smells good, moisturizes. It's not so expensive as mentioned above, I buy it online cheaper, but I don't know whether I'm allowed to say where...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by FlaneuseDC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome soaps! And you don't have to be black to use Nubian! ;-) Seriously, with that name I first assumed they were only for African American skin...but not so! For the past several years I have used mostly Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps, which I like fine, but I was looking for a change. I tried the Goat's Milk Chai first, and it was so wonderful that I went out and got the Honey & Black Seed, then the Carrot & Pomegranate. I think they were kind of pricey for soap, maybe $5-6 per bar, BUT they are lasting a long time. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by GlossyGirlox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Nubian Heritage's african black soap. As someone who uses and is accustomed to Lush's soaps, I don't mind soaps that are in their raw form despite their sometimes messy nature. However, when I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in bar form. Not only is this less messy, but it also means its not prone to melting in the shower. Another thing is that this soap lathers like crazy, so no loofah is needed, but I use one anyway! The scent is very light and sweet. At first, to me, the soap smelled kind of like licorice. Even though I hate licorice and everything about it, I still managed to find the soap pleasant smelling. As time passed, I guess I can say the soap smells a bit more cocoa butter than licorice--either way, its a good scent. While this may not be raw african black soap, it sure does it job--it combats pesky hormonal breakouts and is starting to help correct the tone and texture of my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only use handmade soaps that I typically get on fairs or little gift shops as they are so much better and gentler to your skin that anything you can buy. I gave these soaps a try after reading their ingredients, which are mostly just shea butter and some other butters and oils, and thought it may give the same results as my homemade soaps. And it does. Great for the skin. Very mild and gentle. Nice lather too. Definite repurchase. Great price on vitacost as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't believe it's taken me so long to write a review for this. Some background: other than Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps (which I love) I only ever use bar soap. I used to have bad bacne, and any sort of "moisturizing" body wash would break me out really bad or never left me feeling really clean. But unfortunately using normal bar soap you trade feeling clean with drying out your skin at the same time. I feel like I've used every bar soap on the face of the earth by now, and this brand of bar soaps is easily the best I've ever tried. Firstly, the ingredients are all-natural so I don't have to worry about sulfates or parabens. Secondly, it's unique in that I feel 100% clean but I don't feel 100% dried out like I do with other bar soaps. I was actually shocked because it's the perfect balance of cleansing and moisturizing, which I've never come across before. It doesn't break me out like olive oil soap, every single one of these soaps smells absolutely amazing, and they're only $3.49 a pop at my local Duane Reade. My HG, I don't have any desire to ever use anything else. Probably the most satisfied I've ever been with any kind of product! Would definitely recommend to anyone and everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by HealthyFinish718

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the Lemongrass & Tea Tree Soap and love it! It smells sooo nice and is not drying at all. I am going to try some of their different scents :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cdiorlipglossgirl

A friend of mine turned me on to these soaps and I'm so glad she did. I am currently using the Honey and Black Seed soap and it is amazing at keeping oily skin at bay. The bar also has tiny black seeds that are perfect for exfoliating but they are not too rough. I also tried the Peppermint and Aloe and it lathered very well and was very moisturizing. These are great soaps.