July 30, 2014 | 2045 users online

Mascara - Sue Devitt - Microquatic Black Widow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

One of the worst mascaras I've ever purchased. I first received the mascara in one of the Barneys gift bags and really liked the mascara. The color was good and the mascara went on without any clumping. There was so little product in the tube, though, and I figured it was because it was a sample in the Barneys beauty bag. So, I purchased a tube and had the same experience. After about three usages, the wand was dried out and there was no more product. A complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite thing of makeup,EVER. i would jump off the ends of the earth for this thing. i was first drawn to this product about 3 years ago at sephora because of the cool packaging, the spider webs on the cap. and then i found it was a great product as well. really love the pigmentation, its a good black. it does not clump ever. the vitamins and stuff in it keeps the lashes soft and flexible, like they were my natural lashes. it does not flake. and rarely smudges. i think the secret is that is kind of a dry formula. it makes my lashes look like they are naturally thick. not like twigs were its very obvious your wearing mascara. doesn't add curl but if you curled your lashes before it will stay. and nice length. i have a lot of mascaras and there is nothing like this. if you are a mascara freak and willing to spend like 22 dollars on it try itttttttttt

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sumgirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was horrible to me. It didn't hold and smeared off with bad weather. I had great expectations for this and found nothing special about it. I like trying different mascaras too and had to immediately buy a different product because I couldn't stand to wear it after a week :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This is a very clean lightweight mascara. The tube looks like it is metal with thin plastic or glass over it, and the wand has a pretty spider web design, even the box was appealing. It is a nice dark black (as expected by the name) and (as I already mentioned) goes on very cleanly without clumps, and it doesn't flake either. It adds a little length, but no volume, however it does give good definition. It would be okay as subtle daytime mascara except for the fact that the curl in my lashes droops within an hour after putting this on (I use Shiseido curler and base first). My lashes are stick strait naturally and I need a mascara that can hold a curl. Overall it is not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by neesoup

Good mascara - but doesn't hold curl well. Many times when I used it, I had to take it off - and put Cover Girl VolumeExact on instead. I wanted to like it because it can achieve the Lash Injection look without flaking like crazy - but I can't deal with its taking my curls out anymore. And I don't want to use any primer - too many steps for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift, and was extremely disappointed, particularly at this price point. The wand has very short bristles and it's hard to get any mascara onto my lashes. I basically have to work and work, coat after coat, to get the same look I can get from my $4 Cover Girl Thick Lash. I recognize that sometimes more expensive products are superior, but in this case, save your cash. You're just going to end up with very average, blah-looking lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 4:31:00 AM More reviews by MayM

For the price of this mascara...I expected it to do everything. It doesn't. There is no wow factor. I have natural length, so I need help with holding a curl and with thickening and this one did neither. It did flake too...not a lot, but it wasn't perfect. The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by fannylovesfelix

I've pretty much fallen in love with this product. I purchased it after having tried the imju fiberwig mascara and being taken over by the concept of lengthening my short, stubby lashes. It achieves lengthening and volumizing my lashes while still looking natural. It makes me feel like I'm one of those girls with naturally long, lush lashes that can casually grab a tube of $3 mascara and look amazing. My favourite thing about it is that the formula isn't terribly wet; in fact it's pretty close to being dry and for me, that means I can apply it while in a rush and not have to worry about it taking ages to dry and ending up all over my eyes when I blink. It doesn't really clump and the pigmentation is lovely. I also love the sleek packaging. Only thing that makes me reconsider repurchasing is the fact that formula-wise, I think Diorshow is overall better (this + more) but I can't stand that huge brush. This is definitely great for everyday use, though, and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by BTDeb

Great mascara. It separates and lifts my lashes. The only complaint is it doesn't thicken the lashes.
Great for office or day makeup. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great Mascara. I have been looking for a long time for a daytime mascara that does not clump, smudge, or flake. I have found that if a mascara does not do one of the above, it does another! This one is almost perfect. It does does not smudge - I hate raccoon eyes! It does not flake, ever! And on me, it ALMOST does not clump. I say almost because my lashes are very fine/short/thin and anytime I use any mascara going over the lashes more than once, some of the lashes stick together! But with this mascara, I get much less, almost ZERO clumping. I am pretty happy about that. It looks very natural, great for a daytime (going to the office look) and does lengthen my lashes to some degree, but on me it does not really thicken much. I think that mascara that thickens is what causes the clumping (for me, anyway), so I am ok with just the lengthening. It's does not make my lashes super-long, but long enough to see them and be happy with the effect. It's not a dramatic look, but it also does not make my eyelashes feel brittle or fall out, so I am VERY happy with this mascara. I took off 1 lippie because the price was so high, but it's a definite re-purchase. I'm still looking for a more dramatic mascara for evening that will make me happy!

EDIT: I still like this mascara but for this amount of $$$ the product dried up very quickly, so I'm removing another lippie. I bought the Define A Lash by Maybeline and if I use a mascara primer first, it looks great!