October 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Hair Treatments - Philip Kingsley - Scalp Tonic

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Very refreshing on the scalp. It soothes and hydrates. Also, I think I have started experiencing increased hair growth since I stared using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only stuff that calms my itchy dry scalp down. Doesn't matter which shampoo I use, I itch. The more I itch the more my hair breaks off. It does take a couple of applications to get going, but when it does its fabulous! Then I can stop for a while, and just use it when my scalp is back to being itchy and dry again. Yes, it is expensive, but my 75ml bottle lasts me months and months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a 200ml bottle of this for around 12 (!) as I had a persistent itchy bit on my scalp. I put this on after shampooing and towel drying and it seems to do an OK job. I hoped it would help reduce oiliness (as suggested on QVC) but it doesn't.

The price is ridiculously expensive for what it is.Ingredients are:
Aqua, Witch Hazel, Acohol Denat, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Sodium salicylate (=alka seltzer!), benzalkonium chloride (bactericide), Piroctone Olamine (anti fungal agent),Menthol.

Now I have discovered Faith In Nature shampoo my itchy patch is much better so no need to use this.

NB. I wish all manufacturers had to list ingredients on websites by law,its very hard to find them without sited like this. still can't find the ingredients for his shampoos. Conditioners seem like any other - lots of silicones.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for many years now. However due to changing shampoos and my hair falling out (due to Wella sp shampoo) I stupidly started to try and find more natural shampoos to help with dry itchy flaky scalp. Well after a month of trying natural, cheap, expensive and other stuff, I'm back to where I started. I use L'oreal salium sulphide anti-dandruff shampoo (which does fade my colour faster- but it's better than having dandruff), Tera Bella conditioner then the flakey itchy scalp tonic. No flakes, no itchyness - note to myself; if it ain't broke don't try to fix it! Highly recommended. Edit 07/21/2009 Don't use this anymore, I've noticed that it doesn't make much difference if I use it or not with the L'orel shampoo, as thats what is keeping my scalp clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by SuperNude

I don't know whether this tonic works on its own to provide relief from itchy, flaky scalp. When I have itchy moments I do apply and it does seem to lessen the need to scratch. I have found that in combination with the other products from the PK line Itchy, Flaky Scalp Mask and Shampoo in particular I have had excellent results and as a consequence I now use this range daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MeganCrawford

I bought this from QVC with the itchy flaky scalp shampoo (on my hairdressers recommendation). |Together they have cured not only the itch, but all the flakes too. You dont need to use it every time, and I use moisture balance too. It is pricey but you dont need loads.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

When I first tried this, I used it after applying the PK Scalp Mask for 30 minutes. I left the tonic on my scalp to soak in and there it sat until my next shampooing. I was sooooo itchy with that darned mask...and the tonic didn't seem to do anything to alleviate the itch. Then I went back to my Nizoral/T-Gel combo and used the PK Tonic and got slightly better results but nothing great. Recently, I decided that I didn't want to use dandruff shampoos anymore, that I was done with the medicated stuff. So I started using Alterna's Scalp Elixir and I think that's starting to work, but something is drying the crap out of my scalp, either the Elixir or the Pureology Hydrate shampoo I've been using...so in desperation I applied the PK Tonic to some very itchy, miserable areas on my scalp post-shampoo, and I got some very nice relief...So I now think this tonic actually has some merit in the fight against seborrheic dermatitis...This will be my relief tonic...