July 23, 2014 | 2066 users online

Lip Gloss - Hourglass - Extreme sheen

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Child which is a flesh-toned beige. I got it in a Sephora Give Me Some Lip kit. I would not have bought this color normally. I can see why people like this gloss as the packaging, applicator, feel going on are all fantastic. I love the chic, "different" package. However, this color just doesn't work for me--I'm pale, yellowy, with no natural lip color so I look dead. This is a very "sticky" lip gloss (I'd compare to Bobbi Brown) so if you don't like that, you may not care for these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very unique, metallic red. Not glittery or sparkle-filled, but glowingly metallic. Build-able consistency goes from sheer to opaque. Nice for the holidays, but I use it year-round. It's the only Hourglass product I own and I'm very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing texture, not sticky but definately very long-wearing, great smell (vanilla),beautiful color payoff!!! I have ORIGAMI, FLUSH, IMAGINE and TRUTH!!!!
this lipglosses can only be compared to chanel extrait de gloss, nothing else can be put on the same level, well done HOURGLASS!!!!!
I'm truly in love with these lipglosses, but I must say that I prefer the old packaging to this new one with the flexible doe foot applicator, hopefully they will change that flexible doe foot applicator with the classic brush applicator (just like the older version!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ltiwdt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Nectar, which is a bright, medium-opaque corally pink.
I coveted Nectar for at least a year before buying-the ridiculous price tag put me off. But everything Hourglass makes seems to be high quality and amazing and surprisingly worth it, and this gloss is no exception.
It brightens my whole face, looks like it does in the tube but not in a frightening, neon way and lasts longer than glosses normally do on me. It's non-sticky, smells lightly but not intrusively of vanilla and is just pretty all-around great.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by cbhanna21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the one called Lush. It is very pigmented but it's not as "sheen" as i would have expected it. it's actually a sticky type of lip gloss, not that oily feeling type.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by shmoopy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Siren at Sephora.com after hearing raves about this cosmetic brand and seeing a review of this particular gloss on Scrangie's blog. Siren is an extremely metallic and highly pigmented warm-toned red colored gloss. Initially, I loved the way it looked in the tube and the way it swatched on my hand. And it smells like buttercream frosting! Yum. On the lips, I am not as big of a fan. Upon application, I noticed that Siren was cakey looking (as most metallics/frosts can look). Sheered out, it translated to this orangy/coppery color that took me back to the 80's in a bad way. And after it sat on my lips for a couple of hours, it felt dry and uncomfortable. So, I couldn't justify keeping this in my collection since it's so $$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ellemint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hourglass Extreme Lip Gloss in Lush is a very wearable slightly opaque coral/melon color with gold shimmer. I just can't get over the great consistency of the Hourglass lip glosses---it's so pleasant, not sticky or gummy and it wears well. The Lush color is pretty muted and would be ideal for everyday and work. This would probably look best on gals with warm or yellow-toned complexions, whereas mine is cool. I find I'm adding a tiny dab of pink gloss to it to make it more flattering for me, which I probably shouldn't have to bother with, but I like the gloss so I'm not returning it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love to wear red on my lips. I think that every girl should have at least one red lippie in her arsenal. I was not too familiar with the Hourglass line. I looked at the glosses and the colors were meh. But this one screamed at me for attention. It is a brilliant red with fire and gold in it. I like the texture of this gloss. It is not too wet or sticky-just the right consistency. The smell is pleasant and it has a somewhat foody/sweet taste. I receive quite a few compliments when I wear this lip color. I am always on the lookout for something unique and I think that this particular color and gloss fit the bill.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a gift in PRIMAL. This looks just like the colour of a candy apple in the tube, but much more subtle and sheer on the lips. The texture IS amazing; no stickiness, tackiness, yet it stays on really well! I'm envisioning this over less expensive lipsticks to give them greater staying power and dimension. The only reason I would not buy it again is because I looked up the price-point and - whoa! $28.00! All I can say is that my friends have excellent taste in higher-end cosmetics! I could never afford this on my own, so I will definately enjoy this while it lasts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Ignite, which is kind of a gloss version of MAC's viva glam VI SE. I like the color, since it's natural looking but also a little shimmery and pretty, but I can't stand the smell of this gloss. It smells like sugary melted Crayons...ugh.