MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am extremely fair (the lightest shade in most foundations does not match me) and this is my favorite brow highlight color. MAC's Matte2 formula is very smooth and buttery.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this for over a year, and it has become my absolute HG brow bone highlight and I even use it all over the lid with black liner sometimes for a simple, clean look. This eyeshadow is buttery soft, highly pigmented, easy to blend, and doesn't have a lot of fallout in my experience.

Great, versatile vanilla shade that can be used with neutrals or to balance out a more colorful look. I love the shade- its not too stark white, but its also not too yellow or pink toned. Perfect neutral cream color.

I have a nice selection of this shade range in my collection, but I still constantly reach for this shade above any other shades by UD or Lorac. I highly recommend trying it out!!

on 3/2/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What's not to love about this? It's so versatile! It's the PERFECT all-over lid color for a winged-liner look. It also makes a great matte highlight. I also use it when I need a base for other eyeshadow or to blend out other colors. It's so intensely pigmented and creamy that you just need to barely touch the brush to the pan to pick up color. Be careful not to swirl the brush too much or it may get powdery. I was debating between this color and Vanilla. While both colors are great in pigmentation and blending, Vanilla is just a touch lighter and cooler (a very slight pink undertone), so it looked slightly more stark on me. I felt Blanc Type made a better lid color for a winged liner look as it was less stark. Blanc Type also is a little better in terms of pigmentation.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I cannot speak more highly of this eyeshadow!!! I first got this from my Mother when I was just starting out with makeup, and it has been the most versatile product I have ever owned, I am never without it. As a lid colour it is brilliant - highly pigmented, and meting a matte2 formula it goes on so easily and blends brilliantly.
I also have used Blanc Type as a highlighter, for inner corner and brow. I use it to set my under eye concealer as it sets it well and also gives a subtle highlighting effect which looks so beautiful.
I have even used Blanc Type to set concealer and to add a lighter colour to the dark spots on my face, which helps to conceal them

Overal I couldn't fault this product, it is my go to, and I am never without it

on 1/18/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well pigmented and a beautiful color. I use this under my eyebrows and on my eyelids and it looks great. Works well as a base color or you can use it by itself. It lasts a long time.

on 12/7/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't get enough of Blanc Type! The formula is pigment, creamy and blends beautifully as the Matte2 shadows usually are. I've purchased this 3 times and will continue to repurchase. I love this as a brow highlight as I usually prefer a matte color. It looks great all over the lid or as an inner corner highlight. I use this almost everyday to lightly sweep from my lash line up to my brow bone to set my paint pot and it makes whatever shadows I add on top blend so much easier. It is a must have in my collection.

on 6/16/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

This is a beautiful lid color for the classic pin up look or highlight for under the eyebrows. Doesn't look chalky or cakey, has minimum fall out and like all other MAC products i love the sleek packaging. Not exactly a stand out or must have in a collection so i probably won't repurchase. But i do love the fact that it DOES NOT crease on me, i have the oiliest eyelids ever and Mac and wet and wild are the only two shadows that don't crease on me, weird huh?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A gorgeous, useful, matte shade in a very light creamy beige/off white. Looks very natural all over the lid as a base, and does double duty as a non-frosty/non-shimmery highlight on brow bone and center of lid. Zero shine, sheen, or glitter in this one and thus it is very forgiving on my "not 22 anymore" eyelids! Makes my eyes look bright, refreshed, and awake! I pair this with Satin Taupe for an easy, classic, daytime look. Good stuff and I definitely recommend.

on 4/4/2014 4:06:00 PM

This color is a great base color, but is too powdery. It settled in fine lines. Much prefer creamy powders...might be good if you have oily lids that need that drying powder effect.

on 4/3/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this matte finish eyeshadow. I am a nc44 and this shows up beautifully. Will buy again