April 20, 2014 | 1272 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is a great base color, but is too powdery. It settled in fine lines. Much prefer creamy powders...might be good if you have oily lids that need that drying powder effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this matte finish eyeshadow. I am a nc44 and this shows up beautifully. Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Allow me to share the love of this eyeshadow amount the already 210 reviews hah!

So firstly I have gone through pans and pans of this little guy. 1.5g to be exact. It's the perfect balance of a white and beige. It's not stark in any way. It's perfect alone or with any other shade. It's matte and not dusty or chalky. I've searched for other colors like it but....In my opinion if there is any dupe out there I haven't found it yet.

I love this with the mac 224 brush and I blend in my highlights and other shades very lightly with it. Sometimes I highlight my face with it and sometimes I even set concealer with it. I know it sounds nuts but lightly dusted under your eye concealer keeps it bright and creaseless. I do the same with MAC vanilla shadow. These 2 are the loves of my life. Vanilla is more sheer and a velvet finish making it a little, and I mean a little shimmery than blanc type. They both serve the same purpose for me I reach for both equally.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Laura41

I bought this as I was missing a matte highlight colour for my 15 pan palette. It is one of the best shadows I have ever bought. This formula is so creamy and blends like a dream. I love this with kid in the crease and sable lightly blended over the lid for a pretty everyday look. I have used it everyday for the last month or so as it goes with everything and when paired with shimmery shades makes them more office appropriate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm astonished as to how I have not written a review for this yet.
I was contemplating purchasing Nars Biarritz (And may, as I have become very attached to Nars packaging and the quality.)
However, it seems my MAC palette feels lonely without this gem in it.

Being a Matte2 formula, it is creamy, pigmented, and approximately N10-15 in "shade colouring" of being off-white. It is neither yellow, nor pink and perfectly neutral. It is not stark like Gesso, nor does it disappoint me in the way that Vanilla e/s does. Brule is the darker counterpart if Blanc Type seems too pale for you.

I have finished up to two of these shadows, and I don't see myself not repurchasing. Hopefully MAC will not discontinue this shadow in my lifetime, considering how some of the Matte2 colours have become obsolete. It is for this reason that I am looking elsewhere for dupes (since I cannot find WnW Brule anywhere locally anymore either.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful eye shadow!

This brightens the eyelid nicely and goes on very smooth and creamy.

It can be used alone, with liquid winged eyeliner; as a base for a smokey eye; as a highlight; the possibilities are endless. If you're missing this shadow then you're missing out hugely.

I love the consistency of the product. The creaminess feels so good

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this. I buy the pro palette refills so can't say much on packaging but the eyeshadow overall is nice. Very soft and creamy so applies beautifully and blends well. Not much fallout either! Nothing beautiful colour wise (it's white-what do you expect?) but very useful. Looks gorgeous with a red lip, slightly darker crease colour (perhaps kid), blanc type all over the lid and dramatic winged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Dramos620

Really beautiful sophisticated color. I'm in NC40 I Luv putting this on my kids,brow bone and sable on the crease. It goes with everything. Beautiful matte color. Must have

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was the first time that I had gotten a Matte 2 shade, and with that I was surprised of how soft and blendable the eyeshadow was. You shouldn't even have to rub your brush at all in any Matte 2 eye shadows because a few dabs will get a pretty good amount of product on your brush.

Now for the color, think of it as a white shade mixed with a hint of Beige. It definitely comes off lighter than the pan, but being a pretty soft texture, it's easy to blend out if it's too harsh; however, it's not so easy when you get way too much product. Being someone close to an almost Olive skin tone (undertones on the Neutral side), this white-beige shade doesn't look that tacky as a highlighter at all, but using it for anything else looks too yellow for me.

With a normal primer, this stays on all day for me on my browbone and lids, but in my inner corners it does fade in a few hours. I'm honestly still looking for the perfect brow/inner corner highlighter for my skin tone~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shadow. I reach for it almost every day. It is a nice soft matte that's a great match for my pale skintone, so I use it on the brow bone. Sometimes I put it over my entire eye as a base and apply other colors on top and blend. Using this underneath ensures that I can get a subtle look. It's also great for if I went a bit overboard on the crease and the darkness spilled out too much, I can just pat a little of this on top and blend it in and it's perfect!

I first bought this in one of the little stand-alone pots. At some point I hit the pan, and when I went to MAC the next time I got one of those custom palettes for the pro pans and bought this color again for my palette. I have since hit pan on it as well, but I hung onto my original pot as well and although they are now both more pan than product, they continue to be usable and have not crumbled. I will definitely repurchase again.