October 1, 2014 | 1648 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a beautiful lid color for the classic pin up look or highlight for under the eyebrows. Doesn't look chalky or cakey, has minimum fall out and like all other MAC products i love the sleek packaging. Not exactly a stand out or must have in a collection so i probably won't repurchase. But i do love the fact that it DOES NOT crease on me, i have the oiliest eyelids ever and Mac and wet and wild are the only two shadows that don't crease on me, weird huh?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A gorgeous, useful, matte shade in a very light creamy beige/off white. Looks very natural all over the lid as a base, and does double duty as a non-frosty/non-shimmery highlight on brow bone and center of lid. Zero shine, sheen, or glitter in this one and thus it is very forgiving on my "not 22 anymore" eyelids! Makes my eyes look bright, refreshed, and awake! I pair this with Satin Taupe for an easy, classic, daytime look. Good stuff and I definitely recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is a great base color, but is too powdery. It settled in fine lines. Much prefer creamy powders...might be good if you have oily lids that need that drying powder effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this matte finish eyeshadow. I am a nc44 and this shows up beautifully. Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Allow me to share the love of this eyeshadow amount the already 210 reviews hah!

So firstly I have gone through pans and pans of this little guy. 1.5g to be exact. It's the perfect balance of a white and beige. It's not stark in any way. It's perfect alone or with any other shade. It's matte and not dusty or chalky. I've searched for other colors like it but....In my opinion if there is any dupe out there I haven't found it yet.

I love this with the mac 224 brush and I blend in my highlights and other shades very lightly with it. Sometimes I highlight my face with it and sometimes I even set concealer with it. I know it sounds nuts but lightly dusted under your eye concealer keeps it bright and creaseless. I do the same with MAC vanilla shadow. These 2 are the loves of my life. Vanilla is more sheer and a velvet finish making it a little, and I mean a little shimmery than blanc type. They both serve the same purpose for me I reach for both equally.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Laura41

I bought this as I was missing a matte highlight colour for my 15 pan palette. It is one of the best shadows I have ever bought. This formula is so creamy and blends like a dream. I love this with kid in the crease and sable lightly blended over the lid for a pretty everyday look. I have used it everyday for the last month or so as it goes with everything and when paired with shimmery shades makes them more office appropriate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm astonished as to how I have not written a review for this yet.
I was contemplating purchasing Nars Biarritz (And may, as I have become very attached to Nars packaging and the quality.)
However, it seems my MAC palette feels lonely without this gem in it.

Being a Matte2 formula, it is creamy, pigmented, and approximately N10-15 in "shade colouring" of being off-white. It is neither yellow, nor pink and perfectly neutral. It is not stark like Gesso, nor does it disappoint me in the way that Vanilla e/s does. Brule is the darker counterpart if Blanc Type seems too pale for you.

I have finished up to two of these shadows, and I don't see myself not repurchasing. Hopefully MAC will not discontinue this shadow in my lifetime, considering how some of the Matte2 colours have become obsolete. It is for this reason that I am looking elsewhere for dupes (since I cannot find WnW Brule anywhere locally anymore either.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful eye shadow!

This brightens the eyelid nicely and goes on very smooth and creamy.

It can be used alone, with liquid winged eyeliner; as a base for a smokey eye; as a highlight; the possibilities are endless. If you're missing this shadow then you're missing out hugely.

I love the consistency of the product. The creaminess feels so good

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this. I buy the pro palette refills so can't say much on packaging but the eyeshadow overall is nice. Very soft and creamy so applies beautifully and blends well. Not much fallout either! Nothing beautiful colour wise (it's white-what do you expect?) but very useful. Looks gorgeous with a red lip, slightly darker crease colour (perhaps kid), blanc type all over the lid and dramatic winged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Dramos620

Really beautiful sophisticated color. I'm in NC40 I Luv putting this on my kids,brow bone and sable on the crease. It goes with everything. Beautiful matte color. Must have