Jhirmack EFA shampoo & Conditioner

on 1/27/2015 11:35:00 PM

i was not happy when they took this off the market, i would use it again. please,great for my hair and my 3 daughter's used it, now women they would still buy because how it made their hair healthy.

on 2/28/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Best purple shampoo and cheapest. I have used Shimmer lights and one and only. This one provides the best toning effects. Makes hair shiny. It doesn't smell very good though.

on 2/22/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i use the purple shampoo for my box dyed blonde hair. i can really see a difference in the brightness of myhair if i skip this for a few days. i have hard water and experience no brassiness when i use. i hate the packaging! the only ones on the shelf at walmart all had broken tops on them but i will deal with shampoo without a cap if it does what is promised! i will continue to buy as long as i have blonde hair. the cost is great under $4. cant beat it!

on 7/24/2010 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Used the silver brightening one. Works alright on my mom's grey hair, really brightens it up, but isn't conditioning enough for platinum blondes.

on 1/27/2010 7:39:00 PM

Love this. Same look and smell as when I used it as a child in the 70's. I was so happy to find it at drugstore.com. Leaves my hair clean, but not stripped of natural oils. Will buy again and again.

on 2/20/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Walmart sells Silver Brightening Shampoo for $3 but I've never seen a matching conditioner. I love this, keeps my blond 'undirty' and bright- and at a fraction of the price of Clairol Shimmerlights, ha!

on 9/19/2008 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this if for the shampoo only. I don't think this has been DC'd. I can still find it at drugstores and drugstore.com still sells it. I was hoping this would be really moisturizing, and while it is for a d/s shampoo it's not as moisturizing as the Nexxus Therappe shampoo or TiGi oatmeal shampoo I was using. It's good, it's just not as good as the other two. I really liked the scent at first, but for some reason it reminds me of vomit now. I think it smells like that orange powder they put on puke. not something I really want to think of while I'm washing my hair. will be using up the left over to wash the animals. continued >>

on 8/17/2008 8:45:00 PM

I have heard this is discontinued? I just purchased the Jhirmack Silver Brightening Shampoo at Walgreens and it's a NEW product in that store. Hmmm.

It was $3.99 for a good sized bottle, it's the purple shampoo that helps with brassiness and it's wonderful stuff. My hair is soo soft and shiny,, the only thing I hate about it is the smell. Yuck.

The packaging is less than stellar, it's definitely cheap and tacky looking, but the product inside is fabulous!

on 4/28/2008 1:50:00 PM

They have this at an Ocean State Job Lot near me, and I bought some because the smell alone brings me back to the 80s and my preteen/early teenage years (and lately I've been on the lookout for anything 80s!). It smells the same to me and moisturizes my somtimes dry/ fine hair. I don't use conditioner, just the shampoo. I wish I could find the green/volumizing one, but so far have only come across this, the one for gray hair & the 'shine' one. It's a decent shampoo ad I only paid $2 for it.

I know that i am not supposed to review discontinued products as such on MUA, but Jhirmack is still available online through various e-tailers. I ordered the shampoo and conditioner thinking it would be awesome-just like the ones I used to use back in the day when Jhirmack products were available @ the drug store. The EFA shampoo and conditioner looked very promising as it contains no cones, contains soybean, corn oil, panthenol, lecithin, Vitamin E and hydrolyzed collagen to name a few of the ingredients. However, when i tried this duo the second time, my hair was so stiff afterwards!!! I was shocked b/c I remember it being very nice on my hair; maybe it was a different formulation, the scent was not the same, ditto for the packaging, can't remeber the ingredients though. In all, the greatest thing in my experience with these products are the wonderful scent. The shampoo is nice but doesn't feel as moisturizing as it claims, the conditioner just makes hair feel dry. I am thinking maybe its the protein that is too much for my fine hair, but others may benefit. This is just my experience with the products. On a lighter note, their mousse and heat protectant spray were great, but are discontinued altogether. Will not repurchase this duo.