Jhirmack EFA shampoo & Conditioner

4.2

on 1/27/2015 11:35:00 PM

i was not happy when they took this off the market, i would use it again. please,great for my hair and my 3 daughter's used it, now women they would still buy because how it made their hair healthy.

on 3/22/2013 2:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

OK--- Jhirmack EFA is NOT THE PURPLE STUFF!!!! The purple stuff is Jhirmack SILVER PLUS.......
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, the Jhirmack EFA was a great s/c line, unfortunately discontinued because of low sales.......but how did the company expect good sales when it was nearly impossible to find for years??? It had a great orange creamsicle scent, and the essential fatty-acid formulations were great for dry, frizzy, curly or color-treated hair. The shampoo was similar to Nexxus' Botanoil shampoo (also discontinued now). Sorry to see the EFA line go. :-( Maybe they will bring it back if enough people request it, since they still make Jhirmack Silver. Their website is: alleghanypharmacal.com/contacts

on 10/19/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For what you pay - This is the BEST! It does dry out my hair a bit. I've been using it for over a year now. I get some moisturizing color protect shampoo and mix it. I love my highlights but hate yellow, and most toners make my scalp REALLY itchy. This is the best alternative. The new formula has a better smell and way better bottles/packaging. If your hair is not heat damaged I HIGHLY recommend it. If you blow dry or flat iron your hair daily I would recommend the more expensive shampoos.
For me - It's perfection and I use it every time I wash!

on 2/28/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Best purple shampoo and cheapest. I have used Shimmer lights and one and only. This one provides the best toning effects. Makes hair shiny. It doesn't smell very good though.

on 2/22/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i use the purple shampoo for my box dyed blonde hair. i can really see a difference in the brightness of myhair if i skip this for a few days. i have hard water and experience no brassiness when i use. i hate the packaging! the only ones on the shelf at walmart all had broken tops on them but i will deal with shampoo without a cap if it does what is promised! i will continue to buy as long as i have blonde hair. the cost is great under $4. cant beat it!

on 7/24/2010 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Used the silver brightening one. Works alright on my mom's grey hair, really brightens it up, but isn't conditioning enough for platinum blondes.

on 1/27/2010 7:39:00 PM

Love this. Same look and smell as when I used it as a child in the 70's. I was so happy to find it at drugstore.com. Leaves my hair clean, but not stripped of natural oils. Will buy again and again.

on 2/20/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Walmart sells Silver Brightening Shampoo for $3 but I've never seen a matching conditioner. I love this, keeps my blond 'undirty' and bright- and at a fraction of the price of Clairol Shimmerlights, ha!

on 9/19/2008 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this if for the shampoo only. I don't think this has been DC'd. I can still find it at drugstores and drugstore.com still sells it. I was hoping this would be really moisturizing, and while it is for a d/s shampoo it's not as moisturizing as the Nexxus Therappe shampoo or TiGi oatmeal shampoo I was using. It's good, it's just not as good as the other two. I really liked the scent at first, but for some reason it reminds me of vomit now. I think it smells like that orange powder they put on puke. not something I really want to think of while I'm washing my hair. will be using up the left over to wash the animals. continued >>

on 8/17/2008 8:45:00 PM

I have heard this is discontinued? I just purchased the Jhirmack Silver Brightening Shampoo at Walgreens and it's a NEW product in that store. Hmmm.

It was $3.99 for a good sized bottle, it's the purple shampoo that helps with brassiness and it's wonderful stuff. My hair is soo soft and shiny,, the only thing I hate about it is the smell. Yuck.

The packaging is less than stellar, it's definitely cheap and tacky looking, but the product inside is fabulous!