October 25, 2014 | 1708 users online

Lip Liners - Smashbox - Lipliner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lovelyvi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this lipliner in Medium. As a WOC I find it hard to wear certain lipsticks and lipglosses because my highly pigmented lips will show through the color. This lipliner matched my lips to give me a nice, even color. It works well under lipsticks and no pigmentation shows through. The color is very, very matte. I recommend something moisturizing underneath. I don't know if I'll be repurchasing but I do really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by SpoonyBranks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this lip pencil in 'fair' and am so glad I didn't opt for the 'light' one. It matches my lips perfectly and wears really well. I've used it with sheer glosses, red lipstick and on it's own and I have absolutely no complaints. It is a bit pricey but the use I get out of it is totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by justpass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Nude Rose. It's a good match for my lip colour, which allows me to use it to correct the contour and fill in to even out the top colour. It goes on easily and has really good staying power, good base for lipstick too. The problem that makes me not give it a full five and make me repurchase is that it's way too drying on my lips, so I can't fill them with this liner. It's a good product but not for me, who has an unfortunate tendency to have chapped lips, worsened by living in a cold, dry climate. A bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by fancypants123

I have been using this lipliner in "light" for about 1 month now. I love, love, love it! Lipliner can be tricky, and I have tried so many. I have been reaching for this everyday! It may just be my HG. Very good staying power and easy to apply. It really blends well with my natural lip color. The price is reasonable and I will repurchase when I am out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by kristybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for the "Double Take" lip color, I love this product. It is the perfect red (cranberry) lasts forever. The product is smooth and creamy. The price is a little expensive $24 CDN but totally worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this at Ulta about 6 months ago. I am very pale, with pink lips, and am always looking for a perfect almost nude lipliner. This is about as close to perfect as I've come so far. It is a light rose color, and looks beautiful, natural, and very complimentary to my skin tone. I am almost out, and, while the hunt is still on for my HG lipliner, I will repurchase when I do run out. I use this every day to add a little shape and loveliness to my rather thin, pale lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by SHEIKH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I BOUGHT THE LIP LINER FOR FAIR SKINTONE. I LOVE IT A LOT. IT IS A GREAT PINK/NUDE COLOR. I LINE MY LIPS WITH AND PUT GLOSS ON TOP BUT NOT ALWAYS. BUT BEST OF ALL WHENEVER I WEAR IT MY HUSBAND'S EYES LIGHT UP AND HE SAYS "WOW".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review for the dark tone, which looks fantastic to shade over the nude tone to add dimension to the lips, but also used separately as an eyeliner. I was searching for a warm reddish/brown eyeliner that stayed put!! and had zero luck until I purchased this solely for the eye. It looks very natural and the reddish/purple tones (as it's more of a plum brown than a red) make my green eyes stand out with out drawing attention to my eyeliner itself. I wear this smudged out for a romantic, warm brown eye look, with reddish brown lipstick and a doll-like flushed cheek. As an eyeliner this pairs well with MAC's Folie.

Of course you know not to transition back and forth from lips to mouth, so I've got one for each, and on the lips this wears and wears and offers depth and grounds some of my brighter tones and assists in shaping and defining my lips when blended into a nude liner.

Great product all round! Would definitely repurchase (have!)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by chasingfiction

Smashbox just released a line of nude lip pencils based on the color of your lips/skin. There are four different shades, fair, light, medium and dark. I tried the fair and the light and I didn't like either. The fair was too much of a cool pink for my warm undertones and the light was too brown and dark for a nude lip. I finally found my HG nude lip liner in MAC Summerfruit.

I did like the quality of the Smashbox nude liner, it was creamy, glided on smoothly and had a good staying power. There just wasn't a good color for me in this collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by love2106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smashbox just launched a nude lip liner line based on skin tone, and I am in love. I've never been the biggest fan of lipliner, but these colors are amazing! I'm the very most fair of girls and the fair liner looks great on me. It really is nearly the exact color of my lips. Staying power is phenomenal and they look great on everyone I've seen it on.