September 16, 2014 | 2007 users online

Top/Base Coats - China Glaze - Patent Leather Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by nanasjt

I don't understand some of the bad reviews for this product. I received it yesterday via mail (and no postage charged!!!); as I can't find it in any stores-even those who do sell China Glaze nail products (Sally's is one!). I found this top coat to dry faster than any other top coat I have ever used! Less than 4 minutes after I applied it, it was dry! I do like the shine-just about one of the shiniest I have used. I have purchased many 'shiny' top coats and this ranks within the top 3! I have been on a quest for years to find the shiniest top coat I can!!
Maybe the Patent Leather topcoat some of you purchased was 'old'? Did you store it in the refrigerator? I can't say anything negative about this. I wish I had ordered another bottle. Hopefully the distributor will have more when I reorder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by withlovemelanie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this nail polish on a whim because it was on sale at Target. After reading the reviews, I can't say I fully agree with most of them. This topcoat does take a while to dry, however, I like to paint my nails and then wait an hour or sometimes 2 before applying the topcoat. This way it only takes maximum 15 minutes to dry. I like this topcoat a lot because it makes your nails SO glossy. Definitely worth the buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by HRH_UK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I wanted super shiny nails. After using the product and then reading the reviews, I'm very suprised! I applied on top of China Glaze Not In This Galaxy. My first thought was that it must double as a quick dry as well as a top coat because my nails were dry in record time! No bubbling at all. My nails also have a nice sheen to them.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by kkets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't had the bubbling issue others have but this top coat doesn't last and doesn't dry rock hard. I didn't notice any extra shine which was the main reason I tried this top coat. I use the China Glaze no-chip top coat which I find gets good results.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Alexamariieee

Worst top coat I ever used in my life!!!!! I read the reviews on here and so they were all bad but decided to try it anyway ...can u say mistake. I painted my nails with opi did it on em at around 5 it is now 9 and I if I touch my nail it leaves a dent mark. I have used la colors top coat before this and it works 10x Better and it was one dollar. Gonna keep using that until I get seche vite. Overall if u wanna waste 8 dollars and lose ur patience and ruin your manicure this is the top coat for u. (sarcasm intended)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by fourteennoob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very suprised at all the negative reviews! I absolutely love this top coat. it doesnt bubble at all, dries incredibly fast, and is soooo shiny. it actually looks like its still wet when its dry. all the other people who had bad results probably got a bad bottle or something.

*EDIT*
After a while, this top coat got verrrrry thick and stringy and was hard to use, but this happens to every top coat after a while. Just fixed this with a bit of polish thinner.
Still a great top coat ;D

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kmelissa

I had high expectation from China Glaze, but was thoroughly disappointed. This took close to an hour to dry, and the shine pay off was not that great. I guess I was used to the fast drying time and shininess of Seche Vite that I thought this would be the same if not better. After 4 days of wear, I can still make dents in my nail. Its like the top coat is still kinda gummy for some reason.
Really not worth the money even if it is on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this top coat. It's not thick. It dries quickly. It provides excellent shine. I will probably buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by akrash

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This bubbled like CRAZY. Yes, it does dry shiny and somewhat reflective in some lighting, the bubbles disrupt the beauty of the glossiness. It dries slowwwww. I did a mani with this 8 hours before I went to sleep, and I woke up with sheet marks. Will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm no nail product guru, but was very disappointed in this product. It takes ages to dry; it feels dry at about the 10 minute mark, but woe betide you should you then decide to get on with your daily life, or even if you do this at the 30 minute mark.
Be warned that if you wear this, you need to sit still for over an hour after you have applied the top coat. That alone makes it suitable only for ladies of leisure. I certainly don't have that kind of time. I will use it up on my toe nails, since it's easier to leave those alone, and yes, once it dries, it does leave a high shine gloss that lasts.