November 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Mineral Concealer - Light [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Rspicci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has now been discontinued. I purchased this in 2 different shades. I liked it so much, when I went back to by more at Rite-Aid, they were marked down and I was told the product has been discontinued. I purchased all they had in my shade. I like the powder texture as it doesn't cake up in my lines. It brightens/hides my rosacea and when I put on foundation, it's really had to tell that I have a lot of redness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent concealer that I seem to *always* forget about, then when I dig through my makeup stash and re-find 1-2 times a year, I remember how amazing it is!!
For reference I'm 30 with fair, warm, oily, acne prone skin (also with jumbo sized pores, and terribly dark undereye circles -lucky me)
I have the shade "light" and it's a perfect match for my NC15 skin (even under the eyes where I need it to be a bit lighter which is a surprise because I usually need powders to be called "fair" or "porcelain" to work on my pale skin, but Light, is perfection :D)
I first purchased this in 2010 at my local RiteAid for around $10 USD which is a tad on the high side for a drugstore concealer, but it's definately worth the price. When I initially purchased it I was absolutely smitten in love, used it daily(and A LOT), so repurchased a back-up when I noticed myself getting a little low (because it seems everything I love from the ds gets discontinued Lol)
Over the past two years though I've also fallen in love with the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles and more recently the Dream Lumi pen, and these concealers are also really great quality, awesome for covering every hint of my undereye darkness, but they are also very brightening for my undereye area, so when I need the brightening effects toned down a little or to cover a blemish(anything other than the undereye area) -Then those Maybelline products aren't the best things to reach for, and that's where this True Match Naturale concealer comes in.
As I said above, this gets shuffled to the bottom of my things from time to time and I forget I even have it. I recently re-found it and didn't expect much since I've purchased BE's Bisque since the last time I used it, but in my personal experience, this covers and blends much better than Bisque. Most powder concealers tend to settle into lines, have a dry/patchy look, or not cover well. -L'oreal TrueMatch Naturale concealer is NONE of those things and it blows my mind over and over again every time I use it!
I whipped it out again over the past month or so, now that the weather is changing from humid summer to dry winter, it wrecks havoc on my skin and the majority of concealers that I own get dry/uneven/patchy under my eyes, this has been the only concealer that's been working well for me since the change in the weather.
It also causes zero breakouts when I use it to conceal other areas of my face so I've found it to be absolutely *perfect* for those "no makeup days" where you don't have time to (or just don't need/want to) do a full face of makeup, but still want/need to cover flaws. I've used this for that purpose by itself, or under a pressed powder. It blends so well and stays put, it's perfect for just about any way you'd need to use a concealer.
As far as the attached brush.. I'm not sure how I feel about it - It's def. not the *best* brush for great application, but I do have this in my purse and have applied it in a pinch with that attached brush and it does the job so the brush isn't completely useless -which I like because I get irritated when products include brushes/sponges that get in the way more than anything else and just won't work for proper application.
Overall I'd highly recommend this to anyone because it works for me in the middle of summer on my mega oily skin as well as the cooler weather when my skin is dehydrated. It has any level of coverage without looking cakey, so will work for whatever coverage I'm looking for -This is definately a HG concealer and I'll continue to repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this, its really covers up red marks. never had a bad reaction such as sensitivity or breakouts. i just wish you either got more or it cost less. because for a drugstore concealer paying $11 after tax seems really high. but it does work... i don't try it for my eyes though because i have never found a concealer formula that doesn't make them look "old" (im only 22). i'd rather look tired than wrinkly and dry. also i think the packaging is kind of stupid.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Kboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a lighter-feeling undereye concealer for the long hot summer, so tried this in 'Light'. The shade was right, but for an undereye concealer, it failed. No matter how I tried applying it, it gave little coverage, settled into fine lines and made me look older. I tried applying it on bare skin, over a moisturizer, and with the concealer brush dampened. The results were the same, just ugly. I have a few very fine lines, but they usually disappear with a concealer, not get worse.

When I used it with a concealer brush on only the inside of my eye where it is darkest, it was okay, altho the coverage was inadequate.

The packaging was only a minor annoyance, as I sprinkled a bit at a time onto the back of my hand, then used my own brush to apply.

So much for the eye area. When I used a brush to apply this to other areas, such as a little bruised spot near my neck, it worked better. However, this concealer won't cover very dark areas well, and its coverage is not especially long lasting. . . . . oh well :(

IMO, a separate category for only "Undereye Concealers" should be created, for those of us problematic dark undereye circles we are faced with no matter how much sleep we manage to get. A concealer for the undereye area has to meet so many additional demands as to eye sensitivity and texture for that delicate area. It's hard to find a good one when experiences are so mixed because many use a concealer for blemishes or other wholly different imperfections.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Blossom17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite concealer. I use it around my eyes to appear brighter. And sometimes for pimples too. It works perfectly. It sits well on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by smatthews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You do brighten my day, yes. I am now on my second bottle, which simply means you are wonderful in every respect. Mixed with the proper moisturizer, my fickle flaws remain happily hidden to the world. How dainty.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Jesangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Light" and "Medium Light" shades.

I find them slightly sheerer and not as finely milled as other Mineral Concealer powders I've used. A bit more drying. Caked on if you use too much.

I will use this on random days, but I prefer my mineralpuremakeup Yellow and Green correctors for the darker undereye days.

I have to say, the packaging is handy to contain a nice brush like that.

But It's a bit of a stretch on time to unscrew the top of it, and then pop the cap off , as you always end up with a bit of powder flying off the bottom of the brush. And then to sift just the right amount in the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! I am very pale but I use self tanners, so I bought this in the color Light. (which is the second lightest color, the lightest being Fair/Light.)
I have no dark circles or bags under my eyes, so I can't personally review it for covering that up.

first I use my Smashbox foundation primer, then I use this to cover up all my acne, acne scars, and scabs (yuck!) it gives GREAT coverage, even alone. then on top, I apply my liquid foundation. one word; flawless. it covers up every single red mark and it's just GREAT.
I find I don't get such a great result though, if I don't use my primer first. so that may be something to keep in mind.

the packaging sucks and I find that I spill product every time I use it. it's also expensive for a drugstore concealer, I believe I bought mine for $11. BUT, I use it every single time I apply makeup, and I have tons left. I feel as though it's going to last a very long time. If you use it under your eyes, you'll probably go through the product much quicker, making $11 expensive for a drugstore concealer.

will re-buy and re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MarieG801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very impressed with this product. I've never used a powder concealer before, so I was hesitant. However this stuff works awesome. The brush/packaging is great, the brush is closed off and not stuck in the makeup. This concealer blends right in, does not look cakey, and successfully covers zits/scars. I only dot conceal, and it blends right in. It also lasts all day, i've biked in it, sweat in it, went camping in it, got rained in it, etc. I bought it mostly because it's the most natural drugstore concealer you can get according to cosmeticdatabase.com. I think it's a bit pricey, however (about $12) but it should last a long time, you literally only need a granule to cover a zit since it's so pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by dandiberta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

overall it was good.
brings alot of light into the face.
looks natural covers well.

the only problem is getting the right shade.