September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - raw sugar

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by MissTati

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's too bad this product was released as a blush because it always gets mixed reviews. I use it almost everyday of the year, mostly as a eyeshadow, but also as a bronzer in the summer. I descibe it as a medium brown, slightly neutral with golden shimmer. So it ends up being more like a true bronze, not coppery like a penny. Wish they would carry it on the regular.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when it was on sale. I was excited because it looks like the same color as BE faux tan. I gave up on BE because the bismuth gave me some cystic acne. Bronzers by Everyday Minerals are nice but they didn't seem as dark as BE Faux tan ( I love the color of faux tan but the formulation really hurts my skin and makes me itchy). Before I ordered it I checked reviews, I was going to order 2 or more containers because it was so cheap but I only ordered one because some reviewers complained about the shine. I do not feel like it is any more shiny that other bronzers I have. It is not any shinier than BE Faux tan or my Pink Leopard by Too Faced. I put the mineral veil over it ant I think that helps reduce some of the shine as well but I was shocked because it is barely shiny at all. I tried using it as an eye shadow and it almost has no shine on my lids, this is definitely not as shiny as some reviews made it seem.

End of story. I LOVE THIS it is a great replacement for BE Faux Tan and you get a lot of product for a great price. It did not make me break out and it's not extremely shiny! It looks like it in the package but not on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I got this as a 'reissue' as its a discontinued item but may be offered again peridically in the future as well - in which case I think I would pick up another one. It is extremely pigmented and it is a very dark color so the key is to really make sure you dust off your brush first - if I put on too much this definitely looks dirty/muddy on me but if I just use a few specks it is really one of the best browns I own - not an orangey brown or a reddish brown but just a straight out golden brown. It works as a blush or a bronzer/contour and is especially nice when you have a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really interesting color. I wouldn't use it as a blush, but I do use it as a bronzer to contour my cheeks. You have to really be careful, because if you get too much on the brush you're just going to have a dark brown spot on your face. I like that there is shimmer in it that doesn't fall off your face. It's really perfect for contouring. The packaging stinks though, although since I bought mine, EM did change their packaging, hopefully for the better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this free in a sample kit with the idea of using it as an eye shadow, and it's GORGEOUS. It's a beautiful golden brown that doesn't crease too badly and it doesn't fade or migrate. I'm buying a full size just in case it gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by michelleb1911

I just received my sample size of this blush today and couldn't wait to try it out. And I love it - its exactly what I've been searching for. I've been looking for a replacement for my Nars Multiple in St Barts. I was dreading the thought of spending (AUD) $80 on Nars again, but couldn't find anything similar to that cool bronzey colour, but finally - this is it, and its only $8 for the big size which I will purchase shortly. It also looks great as an eye shadow. This will be my go to colour for a natural sunkissed look. For some reason this cool colour really goes well with my complexion - pale skin, strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes. It makes my face come alive without it looking like I'm obviously wearing blush. Most blushers look like too much bright colour on me, but this is perfect.
However I can understand some people's comments that it looks like sparkly dirt. I can see that it could look that way on some skintones, but on mine its perfect. If you usually look good in cool colours try it out. Its only $2.50 for the sample size.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by joyce21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why this has a good rating. I bought text message, evening out and raw sugar and among the 3 this was the worst colour on me. It didn't look golden at all - well yes... maybe inside the jar. But once applied it looks like I've just smudged some golden sparkly dirt on my face. Like dirt from the ground and yellow sparkles. Its a shade that sits cooler than warm on the scale - which might be why its not working with my tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by 4321lauren

Raw sugar makes an excellent lip color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by keahi

I like this best when I lightly dust it over my normal blush for just a hint of sunkissed bronze. It's too intense for me to use as a blush and I wouldn't use it the way I would a traditional bronzer because there's too much shimmer for my liking. Makes a really fantastic e/s it turns out--looks a lot like MAC Cork only with some slight shimmer. Lovely! I have the small size but would probably repurchase full size if I use this up. Flattering and versatile and cheap. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ChaCha_83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A colour that I would describe is a copper brown with lots bronze shimmers. Great for highlighting on the cheek-bones and as a bronzer of course. I suggest you should go lightly and it blend so well with blushers like apple/nick-nack on the cheeks. Another addtional, great for e/s too (smokey!)...