December 21, 2014 | 1542 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

Pretty color, however the formula is too oily. My eyelids are not oily so I thought I would give it a try. I have the milk crayon and it is not this oily, so I was surprised. They are are different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These jumbo pencils are so affordable and come in a great variety of colours. Iced Mocha is a really pretty frosted taupe brown that is useful for so many neutral eye looks. I only ever use these as eye liners because even with a really decent eye primer they still have a tendency to crease badly. I have tried these with Too Faced Glitter Glue as an eye shadow and after a few hours it creases.

I love to use Iced Mocha as a lower eye liner for neutral looks and as an upper eye liner when I am going for a lighter eye look.

The caps do crack quickly but are still usable and seem to be filled with plenty of product so think they will last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

NYX Iced Mocha, Y U do dis?! I wanted to love you so much. I was so happy when my local CVS started carrying NYX and even more happy when I saw they had you, Iced Mocha. Honestly, you are the most beautiful color I've ever seen. But why must you crease so much? :(
The first time I used this shadow pencil, I used no primer. Kind of a bad decision for someone with hooded, oily lids. Of course I had huge creases on both eyes within 30 minutes. The next time I used this, I applied ELF mineral eye primer first. I know someone is going to tell me I needed to have used UDPP, but I've never had any issues with my ELF primer. 30 minutes later, I had terrible creases yet again. Trial 3: ELF mineral primer + setting powder. I didn't have horrible creases until about an hour of wear. Still not acceptable to me.
Also, I have an issue with the packaging. The lid cracked severely the first time I uncapped it and then put the lid back on. And believe me, I treat most of my things pretty gingerly. I didn't just yank the lid off and then shove it back on.
If you love other NYX products, it probably wouldn't hurt to try one of these eyeshadow pencils. Fortunately, they're under $5. But after my experience with this NYX shadow pencil, I wouldn't recommend anyone to order like 20 of these. They could work terribly on you. But, if you've used these shadow pencils before and love them, then I'm jelly. I wish I could have beautiful iced mocha lids, but I can't!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The pros: Availability and price are both great, but the color is best part about this -- a frosty bronzed medium taupey brown. Unfortunately that's where the pros end. This is so creamy that it's almost greasy. I tried it as both an eyeliner (smudged like no tomorrow and the smears were difficult to remove completely), and as shadow for a smoky eye - no staying power and smeared all over the place. And that was over primer! (UDPP) I have hooded eyes, so I admit it can be tough to get liner and shadow to stay put. However this one was exceptionally greasy and messy from the get-go. On top of poor quality, the plain white packaging is not only boring, but gets dirty fast and the cheap lid cracked after one use. Big thumbs down for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product solely as an eyeliner. I LOVE the way it looks on my lower lash line! It gives me very soft, subtle definition that works wonderfully with my fair skin. It spreads easily and is VERY difficult to use too much and make your eyes look too intense, which is something I'm always paranoid about. I do, however, have 2 complaints about this product. My biggest issue is that it doesn't have great staying power. I find that at the end of my work day, the color has faded significantly. It does also have a tendency to migrate, but since it's such a soft color, it's not a huge deal and kind of just gives you a subtle smokey look to your lower lashes. My second complaint is with the packaging. I have owned several of these and on every single one, the plastic cap cracks so easily! I can't speak for this product as an actual eye shadow, but I love it as a subtle, every day liner for my lower lash line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great subtle colour. Texture is smooth with decent pigmentation. It's a frostier finish and I think would make a good base for earthy toned/bronze eye shadows. Price ($5) and packaging are great as well. Not sure about repurchasing as I don't need this colour but it's good to have on hand, but def will buy other pencils from the same line to try out the different colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lavenderwig

Iced Mocha, Strawberry Milk, and Yogurt are MUST HAVES. I do like the ideas of potting the product and freezing the pencils to sharpen them so they don't crumble. I love my Maybelline color tattoos but after seeing how easy an eye can be made up with a shadow stick or two, I decided to try these out, since I was actually able to use them before I got them. Late in the game because I like to try things in store and I just couldn't with other brands. Best purchase in a long time, I am obsessed. Although NYX calls these jumbo eyeliners.. whatever that means.. I obviously use them as shadow sticks, which are good enough for newbies and beauty junkies alike. These are my first but I have a feeling the formula can hang with the best of them. Do not get the eyeshadow base, it sucks, it is drying and I used it on one eye and it was flaky as hell even before I applied the makeup. The other eye looked very nice with nothing under it but sunscreen and BB cream (yea on my lids I only tear up if I don't blink for a long time). Normally my reviews are long but there's just not much you need to know about these. Yogurt and Iced Mocha make good on a neutral day, but I like Yogurt and Strawberry Milk because it brought out the color in my lips.

My favorite lip products I have been using are Almay's color + care "lip balms" (they look like stubby glosses but they perfect my lips like no other I got the colors Nudetrients and Blooming). But as I was trying on NYX cosmetics, I happened to also get two soft matte lip creams. Soft flexible light lip color disguised as a gloss. How ironic I've never been into glosses, but I guess their design betters lipsticks and lip balms! I got the shades Istanbul and Tokyo. Some may only need one or the other since they are so close to each other in color but I loved them both the second I "glossed" the middle of my bottom lip and used my finger to cover the rest. I think Tokyo must be popular because it's the pink leaning toward the nude shades. Istanbul is a tad darker, but that just means it's more pigmented. So your eyes and lips are covered, the rest is up to you!

Also real quick I gotta recommend NYX's pore killer or destroyer whatever it's called. It works.

Only negative to the shadow sticks are the cheapest caps ever. Unused pencils have cracked caps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely stunning color!! It's a great base for bronzey smokey eyes - helps make the shadow on your lids much more vivid. This has to be one of my favorite jumbo pencils. I find myself reaching for it a lot. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Brilliant lower lashline colour!

Price: $7 CAD
Colour: light taupe
Finish: metallic
Pigmentation: full
Texture: buttery

I like to use this on my lower lashline and waterline to add subtle smokey-ness to my everyday look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to like this, but it does not stay put, even for short periods. I tried it both on its own and with my go-to lid primers, and in all cases, it started to fade/migrate in less than half an hour. The worst part is not the disappearing act, but that of course it doesn't fade uniformly. It vanishes in some areas, and collects in others. Which is too bad because I like the color, and I love how easy it is to apply. My quest continues for a quick, portable eyeshadow application that will stay put.