April 19, 2014 | 1652 users online

Powder - NYX - Twin Cake

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This compact feels like quality, I love it. It's a great setting powder and feels like nothing on ur skin.

I buy this at Ulta and I must say, I miss it in my collection, must go out and get more!!!!! You will definitely enjoy this. Why spend 35 dollars on MAC when this is around 8 dollars and works just as good, if not, better.

BUY BUY BUY!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like it. I'm an NC35 for reference and I use the CP11 True Beige and it's a match for my skin tone. I like the satin finish, it glides easily and gives you a very fresh look. I haven't tried it on long enough to see what it will do to my skin in the long run, but right now I'm quite pleased.

This might be helpful for all my NC35s out there, with a slight oily T-zone:

1. Moisturizeeee: St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer
2. Foundation taiiimee: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC35
3. Powder taiiimeee: NYX Twin Cake in CP11 True Beige
4. Sculpting taiiiiimee: NYX Highlight & Contour Powder in HCP01 on my nose bridge and cheek lines (to avoid looking flat from all the powder
5. Add a little blush: Body Shop Blush On in 09
6. Eyeliner and stuff

I like this whole combination, makes me look really fresh, it doesn't cake, makes my skin look sooo good.

I will update again if the NYX powder decides to break me out. But if I don't, it means the product is a WIN and you should try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Im gona be honest in my review: I like cakey makeup... full coverage foundation, full coverage powder, blush, eyeshadows, bold lip gloss. Thats me, Im fine with that....
I found this powder, never asked how much was it, I just graved (for a good reason I thought this was very cheap), and when I had to paid $20, my face was like: uh? well.. Im taking it anyway!... The color is cp05 nude, it matched well with my skin tone. which I think is mac nc20-25ish. This powder is medium coverage, it last all day and stays matte pretty much time... not 24 hrs, but good 6 hrs, and you have to blot it. The texture is silky smooth, runs easily in your face. It is an excellent setting powder! It creases into fine lines.. be aware, Im taking one lippie for that reason! Im on my second purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Nude, which is a perfect match for my former MAC NC20-25 / Urban Decay 3.0 skin (former because both companies' animal testing policies went to hell). Light-ish skin with olive-y undertones is super-hard to match, in my experience, so I am VERY grateful for this find. Honestly, the color is a better match for my skin than the Urban Decay 3.0 was - it's closer to the MAC NC range, with more yellow than most foundation, but a little less yellow than the UD. It gives me a nice glow and a good even complexion; even though I'm in the middle of fading some mild melasma, you can't see it. I don't find it to be especially cake-y, and I love the matte finish!

The coverage isn't exactly what you get from MAC StudioFix, which is clearly what this product is duping, but it is decent coverage all the same - you'll only need a concealer to cover an especially dark pimple or whatever.

I'd easily buy again. So happy to find a color match from a company that doesn't test on animals!

*update* I'm bumping this up to a 5 because although the coverage isn't full, I only want medium coverage anyway, and the color match is PERFECT for my light olive skin, which is so difficult to match. I think the match is even better for me than the MAC NC line was. On top of that, my mother, who hates most of the fashion/aesthetics I love, even commented on how "healthy" I looked last time I saw her. If that isn't a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

terrible to set concealer, creases and it creates a layer on top of skin, a very visible layer, size and price are okay/cheap.
update: WORST POWDER i have used. DO NOT reccomend. Sets into all ur little lines

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this twin cake to set up my liquid foundation and it always end up making my face look cakey. Though i only dab a little bit of the product with powder brush, using sponge will only make it more cakey-er. I've tried to use it alone but it completely make my skin look so dry and it leaves visible dry patch here and there, also cakey. I have very oily skin and it doesn't keep the oil at bay. I'm looking for a matte powder foundation but this one really turns me down. The only good thing about it is that it didn't cause any break out to my skin (i'm prone to acne)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bectee

I only use this powder to set my foundation and have yet to try it on its own. I purchased it in Nude and it's pretty close to my NC25 skin. It goes on as medium coverage and it does look cakey when applied with a powder puff but tapping it on lightly with a brush its okay. I always use a setting spray after using this though just to remove any cakey-ness. It helps my foundation stay on all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Shuper

I got it for around $12-13 on ulta in creamy beige back when I thought I was a NC30.

Aside from getting the wrong color, this powder was also horrible because it always got cakey. If I put it on with no moisturizer, it'd stick to my dry skin (reasonable), if I use moisturizer it turns into chunks of powder on my face, if I use this with another powder (then why use this powder?) it works.. until my face gets oily and once again the powder turns into chunks.

The packaging is pretty bad too, though still manageable. The powder falls out of the pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Nina07

It only cost about $20, but I felt pretty ripped off. It was alright and all, but when I tried to set my foundation with it, it looked cakey. Maybe my foundation was just bad, so I think I'll just say that it is unsuitable for oily skin. To be honest, I believe it'd only serve as a pleasant shimmer for people with already nice skin.
The packaging made it look like a copycat brand, too, so no points there. Also, I'm pretty sure I could get a better powder than this one, so no, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this powder. The shade in Soft Beige is closest to NC40 in MAC. It provides me with a medium-buildable matte coverage and I like to use it over my foundation or alone. I would also re-purchase when I run out.