July 22, 2014 | 2334 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Constructivist

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this color. I have blue eyes and they get extra blue with constructivist. It is my absolute favorite eyeshadow of all. Would definitely recommend it and it last for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by BitOHoney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite HG e/S. I wear this color every single day, I put on 3-4 layers.of this with black e/l and lots of mascara for a smokey eye. Chocolate mocha brown with taupey point undertones with soft shimmer to it. People tell me it it matches my Revlon Iced Mocha l/s that I pair it with LOL. NC 42 for ref.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this Paint Pot, especially now that autumn is here. Constructivist is probably what I wanted Chanel Ebloui to be. It's a beautiful, slightly bronzey mid-toned brown. It's a lot less red toned and, therefore, a lot more flattering and easy to wear for me. I dropped a bundle for Ebloui, in spite of my sense that it might not be the best shade for me. I still use it (because it was sort of pricey) but it's a bit of a struggle, whereas Constructivist just looks perfect every time. I can use this all on its own or as a base to give more depth and definition to other shadows; it looks amazing with MAC's Tempting (which can always use a bit of "help") or Patina applied over-top. When I wear it on its own, I like it best applied all over the lid and into the crease, faded up slightly and then with something light and bright just on the inner corner and a matte highlight under my brow. Such a quick and easy look that always looks appropriate. And, just like Painterly, this lasts all day without creasing. In just a short tme, this has become an absolute "must have" for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

This is my first paint pot purchase. Now I really afraid to purchase paint pots mainly because them seemed so emollient, so I figured it was just going to get crease-y and nasty on my oily eyelids.

Boy was I wrong! This stuff LASTTTTS, I love this stuff as eyeliner, as eyeshadow, as a smokey eye base. The color is gorgeous, this warm dark brown. It's made me start lemming several other paint pot colors :(

I really recommend picking up paint pots in main colors that you use often, for they make great as a base or on their own :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ohhh yes yes yes! Constructivist is a fantastic paint pot. A very stunning, rich, warm, deep brown colour that is great to use as a base for a smokey brown look. Very pigmented, and has a beautiful, slightly shimmery finish. The colour itself is build-able, so you can darken it up by layering it which I like, also very easy to apply lightly to get a soft hint of the colour. I will admit, I've never used any of the paint pots solely as a base (always use UDPP no matter what) but I do find them nice and long wearing. I would definitely recommend this colour to girls who like a bold eye and are looking for a nice dark base colour! Looks great on it's own as well! I'm an NC35 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by aprilg23

MAC Constructivist is an absolutely beautiful chocolately brown which is not shimmery but does have a good sheen. The texture is easy to apply but it is not very creamy and there is not too much slip so it sets very quickly. Blend quick! It is great for everyday wear and also for evenings or special occasions. Super versatile. You really can take it from subtle, smokey and neutral to dark and smokey. I have very oily eyelids, everything creases on me if I don't use NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base but this paint pot lasts surprisingly well, about 8 hours. MAC paint pots are 5g and will last absolutely ages. The packaging can be improved as I've heard that these dry out easily, storing them upside down can combat this. All in all, I love Constructivist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This Paint Pot is a lovely neutral shade with extremely subtle shimmer which can be built up from a barely-there sheer mink tone to a rich opaque chocolate. Because it's not at all orangey it works well with my dark green eye colour and cool-toned pale skin.

This makes a beautiful crease colour, or works well across the whole lid faded from sheer on the inner corner to dark on the outer and applies well with fingers or a brush. It can also be applied as a gentle brown liner with a fine brush. You need very little product. I have been using this daily for about a month and as you can see from my photo, I've barely made a dent in it!

it dries very quickly and barely creases at all, despite my oily lids which have quite a deep crease. I have worn this all day long both with and without setting it with a transparent powder and it stays on all day, and the colour keeps true.

An instant favorite every-day product for me and perfect for going from day to night after work with just a few dabs of the finger. Love, love, love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by CyndiBabulik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This paint pot is so beautiful! It is richly pigmented.

It can be used on it's own; blend out the crease. You can also use it with so many browns & golds & coppers. Some colors I use with it are:

Mac:
Antiqued
Smut
Woodwinked
All that Glitters
Satin Taupe
Patina
Mystery...

It is a must have item ;)!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this for a long time, but didn't reach for it much. It's a plummy-brown shade that works absolutely amazing for smokey eyes. My problem is with the formula. It feels really dry and cakey. It also surprisingly creases quite a bit, which I would not expect from something with such a hight price tag. After a couple of months, it completely dried out and became unusable. Overall, I would not recommend this. Yes, it's a beautiful shade but I don't think it's worth it when you weigh the pros and cons. There are much cheaper alternatives out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love cream eye shadows and theses are wonderful. They are a bit expensive up front but they last forever! The color is beautiful and can be worn day or night. It can also be worn with other creams or even powder/mineral eyeshadows. Well worth it!