September 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Curl Power

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am iffy on this mascara. I like it for what it does, makes huge curled lashes, but...it clumps. Like really clumps. It smudges a lot and you have to be careful applying. I like the primer on one end and it works. I wish they would make it so it doesn't clump so badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

This is amazing! My lashes are HUGE and curly when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by lalawashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Very very good mascara. It curls, lengthens and lengthens, this is almost HG mascara for me but could be tweaked a bit to be even better! The primer is white and I thought that it was mouldy but it actually isn't! The primer is very useful and you can use it for other black mascaras as well. The black end is also very good and volumising. This definitely could hold a curl without clumping if you don't apply too much. Overall this is something you should try! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

Berk , it makes balls and i dont like the effect of white then black - just more balls - for me its crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this product at all. The wand makes it very hard for application and tends to smudge on my upper lids. It doesn't have lasting power either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by coolgirl1226

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i found this in my junk drawer and its not bad. but its 2 sided so the mascara side has less product. :( but it gives my lashes good curls and makes them look fuller. it clumps but i just brush the clumps out. and they might of discontinued it because at walgreens, target, cvs, and other stores they just have the other versions of this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this on clearance at CVS, and the price is the main reason I got it. I don't use lash primers, especially when they are coupled with the mascara in one product, since that means I get less actual mascara. But this was dirt cheap, so I gave it a go. Overall, it's an average mascara. Nice curl and definition, when you prime first and apply mascara to dried primed lashes. But it clumps easily, contains little product, and the curled wand is bothersome. Not a favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this on special (the search for HG mascara is on) so for me it was quite cheap. Having never used a mascara/eyelash primer before it took a bit of fidling around to get used to this product. Okay a lot of fiddling around. I don't mind this product and I actually use it if I'm going out to a day time event and want light eye make up.

Pros: Once you get used to the exact time and how to put on the primer and then the mascara it's not a bad little mascara. Not the best but not the worst. Good product easy to apply and staying power is not bad. I've worn it on several hot days and it hasn't smudged or budged.

Cons: Unless you know how to use it, it can be a bit of fidling around. There's not much product in either if the tubes so you would really have to like it to buy it again.

The way that I use the product is in this order. Curl the lashes on one side, apply primer, then apply mascara while primer is still damp (not wet), curl lashes again. Repeat on other side.

I find that if I concentrate on one side at a time then it usually works out fine. I've only had to comb out small clumps once with this product so I find that it dosen't clump as much as other products I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by louisawu

Very average. the lengthening and volumising is quite good but it barely curls my eyelashes. The bad thing is it clumps like mad. i paid $20 for it and i could probs buy something much cheaper that does something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! Ive got short straight lashes thats impossible to curl.
I use 3 coats of the primer, and let it dry between every coat. It gives my lashes curl and length. I dont use the black mascara on the other end of the primer. I always use a mascara with a wet formula (colossal mascara right now). It doesnt flake or smudge during the day.
My lashes look longer and fuller.
Def my HG primer. Will buy again!