NYX Powder Blush - Mocha

4.5

on 7/27/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nyx's powder blush in Mocha was my first blush. I recall purchasing this cute gem at CVS for about $4. I had heard that these powder blushes were a must have for your makeup bag, and they are! Although I never used blush before my purchase, I was nit picky over the color and tone. For reference, I am in NC40 in Mac. My eyes were set on a warm blush with brownish tones. Waltzing through the makeup aisle, I found this color, and I knew this was what I was looking for! When I first swatched it with my finger, I felt a smooth finely milled powder. I was impressed with the pigmentation, and it contained no annoying chunks of glitter! I use my elf small stippling brush to apply this blush, but I recently discovered that using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply Mocha gave me more precise application and a better glow/sheen to my cheeks! I've never been in love with such an amazing makeup product! I think it can look fabulous on anyone if applied correctly! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this blush. It is the perfect fall color for my skin tone. It lasts for hours on me and I always get compliments when I wear it.

on 6/19/2015 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Nope! Nope! Nope! Would never buy again and would never recommend this, which is a shame as its a very beautiful color. The problem? It seriously fades...not even fades...DISAPPEARS in an hour. I make sure to generously apply before work and then after a 30-minute drive it just vanishes, as if I never applied in the first place. What a waste!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

The quality of NYX's blushes is fantastic. My first one was Dusty Rose but I found that it didn't quite suit my skintone (NC42) so I recently purchased this one because the warmer tones brightened up my face better. Overall, I find that this one looks so much more natural and I will definitely repurchase this in the future. The only complaint that I have is that the packaging is a little flimsy and will take a real beating even if you're only keeping it in your makeup bag. My last one's lid broke off only after a few months. But regardless, the inexpensive price makes up for it. Overall, it lasts for most of the day and the product itself will take a while to hit pan on even if you use it daily, a little goes a long way!

I love the formula on these blushes but the color is just meh for me. I'll definitely use it but it's not something I use all the time so not something I would repurchase.

on 9/21/2014 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a freaking gorgeous color!!! It is a very nice, matte texture, and applies very evenly. I find that I'm straying away from anything too shimmery lately, so I am especially happy about the matte factor. At first it went on very light, but I think that was because I started out with a clean brush, and the product tucked up into the bristles a little bit. But this blush is not lacking in pigment or color by any means, it can be easily built up to a very vibrant color. After a few hours, the color had faded a little bit, but I normally expect that of a powder blush. Just a little touch up and my cheeks were glowing again. I will definitely be keeping this, and using often. It gets my thumbs-up approval!

on 9/3/2014 12:57:00 AM

My first NYX blush and I'm obsessed. I love the formula and this color is so flattering, and would be on almost everyone. It has the perfect amount of pigment, I don't have to worry about putting too much on my brush but also it doesn't take a lot of product to get it to show on my somewhat fair and combination skin. I also love the longevity of this product, I can spend a day out running errands or complete a 12-hour shift at work and it's still there. I plan on buying more from NYX soon.

on 7/14/2014 3:45:00 AM

As my first NYX blush I must say I am very impressed. I admit I was very wary, as I believe you get what you pay for with most cosmetics, but the MUA reviews convinced me to give it a go. It is not at all "mocha" but it is a beautiful, neutral shade. I am very fair, and a light dusting of this has me glowing. It also looks stunning on my sister who is more olive toned.

Pros:
- Price
- Formula is soft, silky and not at all chalky
- Gorgeous creamy semi-matte finish
- Doesn't cake
- SUPER pigmented, and I mean SUPER. The first time I put it on, I applied the amount I need of my usual blush to get a decent colour payoff, and I had to remove it and start again as I looked like a clown. A little bit goes a long way, which was a pleasant surprise.

Cons:
- Packaging is slightly clunky looking, but I do like that I can see the colour of my blush without having to open it.
- Colour range. Would love to see more blushes from NYX (and maybe more aptly named! haha)

Overall:
Extremely happy, for the price and quality it's a no brainer.

on 6/2/2014 9:50:00 PM

The packing is kinda cheesy but this blush is beautiful. As usual nyx never names their colors correctly (in my opinion) this is not a mocha shade. More like a darker peachy-pink... I feel this shade would flatter most skin tones.

on 1/4/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was introduced to this blush by a beauty blogger who said she would recommend this to those with my skin tone.

So, of course, I went out and bought it and I am so happy that I did! This is just perfect for me. It compliments any makeup look I choose to do and just so flawless on my skin, It looks natural and just makes me glow. Every time I wear this, I get compliments and isn't on the blush but on how "beautiful" I look today. That is what makes this so amazing, at least for me, it just enhances my features.

Love this!