July 30, 2014 | 2026 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Black Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, matte mid-tone purple. Pigmented, long lasting and very easy to blend. You can do a smokey eye or place a little in the crease for a neutral look. The only con is this is very expensive, but it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kbabyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I read in a magazine that it makes a great liner. Then I kind of forgot about it (despite not being in the habit of buying expensive eyeshadow) b/c at the time, I hardly wore liner but knew I wanted to. Now that I'm actually using it, I get what they were saying! It looks just lovely brushed along my lower lashline - anything darker looks too obvious to me - and it lacks any red undertones which would only emphasize my already pinkish skin. On its own, the shadow can veer a little in the "bruised" territory of purples, but I found that layered over another shadow (I have specifically loved the way it looks over MAC's Vex shadow), it transforms into a beautiful, subtle, wearable, more-eggplant-than-royal, smokey, purple-ish. I do wear primer (UDPP) on my top lid but nothing on my bottom lid and it lasts beyond my normal 8-9 hour work day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pungalina

WOW.... This has to be the worst eye shadow I have ever purchased.
Terrible fallout, blotchy color "with primer".Supposed to be matt has gold sparkles. I have drugstore eye shadow that is superior to this. This is going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful colour: when used wet as an eyeliner, it looks more of deep burgundy with no discernible red to discourage you from using it. When used dry as an eyeshadow it looks more like a translucent veil of very dark matte purple, very beautiful on my brown eyes. It would also do a very nice smokey eye.
I think it would look great on both green and blue eyes, because it's so dark and does not scream purple at all. A great shadow that I was lucky enough to be given as a gift with a purchase, otherwise I probably never would have picked it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another home run for brown eyed girls. I use this as a shadow liner, over pencil.
I already had its close cousin, Shu uemura's M860 (Matte dark burgundy). At first I thought I had dupe, but this shadow is a deep plum/purple color without red and the M860 is a true burgundy. Great for a non-traditional smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by jossyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful shade & great quality. The color is a rich, dark, purple plum; a true deep purple. (Unlike BB's e/s by the same name that is much more black than plum.) The pigmentation is great, application is smooth, easy to blend & nice texture. As another reviewer mentioned, it adds color but subtley which works perfectly for me since I tend to favor neutrals. This looks wonderful with my blue eyes; I've used it as a crease color with a light bronze/gold for something unexpected & it works great as a liner also. Also nice for a purple smoky eye. This is much more flattering to my skintone than BB's black plum e/s (for reference, NC20-25ish, very warm golden tones.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is incredible! If you have green eyes like me, Black Plum will make them absolutely POP! What makes this shadow so great is the fact that it is as subtle as it is effective- I really don't like the look of brightly colored shadows so this is a great alternative to the vibrant indigos and violets that are generally recommended for people who want to make their green eyes stand out. This shade is a very dark, warm purple- a gorgeous smokey eggplant. Since it is so richley pigmented and is matte, I'm sure this would also make a great liner w/ a bit of water. Long lasting too! 5 stars for Laura's Black Plum!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super
I love the color is kind of dark violet , is very long lasting and not too heavy. Make my brown eyes really amazing. I normally donít like mate colors but this one look gorgeous for smoke eyes.For green eyes this will be the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Iphigeneia

I usually do not buy LM's matte shadows. I don't think they blend as well, and they seem to crease more than her shimmers. The colors also tend to bore me. But Black Plum and Deep Night are both worth purchasing. This is a heavily pigmented black-violet shadow, very soft, and blends beautifully as a liner. I also use Black Plum as a crease color, applied with the Ponytail brush. It gives depth when I am wearing some of her lighter purple shadows, like Lilac and Iris. One of LM's most innovative, unique colors.