Bare Escentuals Well-Rested For Eyes

3.4

on 2/3/2015 9:36:00 AM

This product is way over hyped. It's very difficult to use & despite varied means of application I just can't get away with it. If you do manage good coverage for dark circles then you end up with racoon eyes. A very light application over concealer does work ( but in my opinion this defeats the idea of using one product). The worst thing is it really settles in fine lines enhancing all our "life" lines. Many better products out there.

on 5/17/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this product been all my life?!?!? AMAZING! Best under eye setting powder. I tried finding a brightening concealer, but I realized why bother, just get a regular one thatís full coverage and set it with a lighter powder to brighten. But the powders I tried never really brightened much or added coverage (I do not buy cakey powders). I do have very bad bags and ever full coverage concealers donít fully mask my purple bags! This is like the perfect finishing touch to concealer. There are other shades so if you arenít light skinned donít worry there is hope after all!

Pros:
Great packaging
Doesnít waste product
Great color selection
Adds coverage
Brightens
Highlights
Not cakey
Not drying
Great price for what you get

Cons:
Some people canít use mineral makeup

This concealer is amazing for brightening and i can use it as a subtle highlight. Unfortunately i cannot say the same for actually hiding dark circles, in some lights it's so bright and really contrasts with my face even if it hides my dark circles a bit, in other lights it shows the eye contours and accentuates my under-eye bags. I don't mind these as it does brighten the eyes but it is so drying and settles into my fine-lines (It makes it look like i have really bad, wrinkled under eyes, I am only a teenager and this is the only product that makes them look this bad). It does not always stay true to color and seems to oxidize. It fades if it doesn't have something to cling onto(fine-lines in my case, or moisturizer, primer, concealer, etc)

This product seems to be affected by the products used with it. The only time it has ever looked decent was on fresh moisturized skin with no other products(i did not wear it long enough to notice oxidization, drying, etc). I use this as a highlight or a concealer on my face to conceal my redness.

I tried to set my makeup with mac fix plus-hoping it would take away the dry look-and it bunched up, went cakey then separated.

My eyelids get very oily so i am using this as an eyeshadow, so far it seems to be working.

on 1/20/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to conceal all my blemishes on my face. Great product cuz it blends well and doesn't break me out.

on 10/14/2013 8:00:00 PM

This concealer can be used on blemishes as well. It doesn't cause blemishes and covers very well!

on 10/6/2013 5:49:00 PM

Bought this to set my under eye concealer but instead it's replaced my concealer. Now I only use this under my eyes and the coverage is great! No I don't have very dark circles but I only use a tiny amount but I could seeing using a bit more it it working for dark circles. It matches my skin great and I use it to cover acne spots too, it's amazing!

on 8/13/2013 10:58:00 AM

I was doubtful to try a powedered concealer. I should have went with my instincts. This stuff lays like dust on top of my undereye circles. It looks like I tried to use a powdered foundation to cover dark circles, and they show right through. I tried using it in conjunction with the Stroke of Light, but combined they just further highlighted my undereye flaws. I was really disappointed because it was a pricey purchase, and because I was really hoping to find natural products that worked as well as (or worked better) than my chemical-laden drugstore products.

on 7/9/2013 1:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this powder and use it as both concealer/eye shadow base. The color suits my skin tone perfectly and my eyes look well rested indeed with this on. Unfortunately it creases on me, settles into the fine lines and gets cakey easily. I keep using it as no-eyeshdow eyshadow on lazy make up days, but I don't think I will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this product, despite the fact that I cannot wear it anywhere near my eyes.

I am 44, and though I look pretty darn good, I do have fine lines beneath my eyes and some crepiness on my eyelids. Most of the time, it's very minimal. But this realy magnifies those issues. No matter how lightly I apply, it makes my under eye area look crepey and dry and yes...old.

BUT...it is honestly wonderful for concealing other issues on my face, such as post acne hyperpigmentation (yes, even though I'm 44...sigh) sun spots and freckles. Liquid and cream concealers have never performed the way I want them to, but this is quite the little workhorse. Just a dab on a flat concealing brush pushed gently onto the mark or blemish and it literally disappears. It never gets that cakey look, and it never melts or smears, which means the finish stays natural and fresh for hours.

On my skintone, it also has brightening properties, so I can use it as a very subtle matte highlighter.

When I was younger, I relied on this and Bisque for undereye concealing with very satisfactory results, so if you still have fairly wrinkle free eyes, it will probably work very well for you. But if you've purchased this for that purpose and then found that it isn't kind to mature eyes, know that it can still be useful in a lot of ways.

on 7/8/2013 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this to set other products that I use under my eyes. It adds some extra concealing over my dark circles and does seem to brighten my undereye area. I like that the sifter jar for this comes with a cover so this doesn't get messy when I throw it in a make-up bag.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products