August 1, 2014 | 1935 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - The Righteous Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

It seems the major complaint about this product is the scent. I have used a few Soap & Glory products in the past and they have all this same scent. It's one of those if you hate it, you're completely repulsed by it, and if you love it you can't get enough of it! Lucky for me, the scent is one of my favorite things about this product. On top of that, the formula itself is truly a body butter. It is thick, creamy, and very nourishing. I've been using it after shaving and on the rest of my body after I've been out in the sun all day since it's summertime here. The only negative is it does irritate my legs when they're freshly shaven, which sucks because it is quite moisturizing. This must be due to the large amount of fragrance/alcohol in the product. I've used the Hand Food in the winter with cracked/very dry hands and felt it worked wonders and without the burning and it has almost the same exact ingredients and strong fragrance. Overall, I love every Soap & Glory product I've tried and would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Great texture, horrid scent. This has the same scent as S&G's hand cream, which is a combination of fruity and floral. Fragrance shows up in the middle of the ingredients list and is pretty potent. I would repurchase if it were unscented or came in a different scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice texture for a body butter (thick, smooth but not something you have to dig out of a tub.) Sadly, the fragrance is so strong and AWFUL it made me literally tingle and curl up my toes. Like very strong laundry detergent. Couldn't get it off me fast enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with the way this body butter smells. Its very greasy for a while after application, but the smell lasts all day. It would be nice if this came in a tube, but thats really my only complaint.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

First I must say im in love with the scent and I do have miss dior the fragrance it smells alot alike. I do enjoy the scent but not much else. I seem to use so much of it and it literally disappears. At first, I thought it probably absorbed and I'd be rewarded with baby soft skin but later realized it's mostly water that's thickened up to make it look like a decent amount of product. Its a very light soufflé to me that rubs in easily almost to easily like the product evaporates somewhere as you rub it in but id reapply since I didn't feel moistened enough. Basically I can't fully figure it out. It appears thick but somehow weak as shh. Wont repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought a small tub of this to try at Sephora. I like the scent, which I don't find overly strong. I have normal skin--not very dry--and I find this to work well at moisturizing my skin. I do think the fragrance irritates the eczema on my legs, so I mainly used it on my upper body.

Nice product but I dont find it any better than some creams from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

If you like a really heavy duty body cream and if you like miss dior perfume, this is the body cream for you.
Firstly, it can easily be a body cream for the miss dior, they smell the same to me and I've been using the scent for years. Why buy the matching lotion when you can get this. If you don't like heavily scent creams you might not like this but I love the perfume, I just had to match them.
Secondly, it is a heavy duty cream IMO because I'm so used to light body lotions which doesn't really do much or last long. I mainly use this on my hands and feet because those sure the areas that are the roughest and driest and it last for hours and that's why i think its a heavy cream. It sinks in, dries down but you can still feel a film of it but not in a bad way. Not like some creams that sits on your skin forever and feels slippery. I normally don't buy any body lotions, I get them for free or as gifts but when I tried this at the store, I felt I needed to get this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I love this lotion so much, it is amazing. its so rich and creamy extremely moisturizing. it smells very feminine and gentle, it is perfect for those days where you want to smell gorgeous and have soft legs all day long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I am not a person who complained about scent and I am not allergic to fragrance either, but the scent of this body cream is, to my personal description is: a down & heavy scent, somewhat metallic scent. The texture & moisture property is comparable to a lot of other drug store body product, the price is considerable higher in comparison.
I just couldn't bear to keep using it due to the scent, its been sitting there since.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love,love,love.This and strawberry body butter from the body shop rotate in my life and are the only body moisturizers I will buy. this product is Rich,luxurious,hydrating and smells Devine. I first heard of it from a U.k Vlogger,he had me itching to try it from the packaging alone(smart I know). It does have similar notes to miss Dior Cherie ..but the good notes. I was not a fan at all of the 2006 rendition. Far to much for me,the aspects I liked in that sent though I can smell in this. One "con" unlike A lot of drugstore body butters are more thick lotions so I feel we are used to over using the product. This stuff means business a little goes a long way,if not it can be very,greasy and take forever to absorbe.