October 22, 2014 | 1332 users online

Powder - Iman - Second to None Semi-Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by RiaRich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others who've commented this broke me out as well. After a full day of wearing this, my face would have a mix of small bumps and the beginning of cystic acne. I have sensitive skin so I'm assuming the cornstarch was the culprit.

Also, the color match wasn't the best. I bought three colors- highlight, my complexion and a dark contour. The powders had a bit of ashiness to them and were not yellow based. In plain light it looked alright but when I took a picture with flash, you could see the ashiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Calidmv83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG products. I am 29 now and I have been wearing this product since I was 15. Back then they used to sell Iman at JCPenny but now I can easily find it at my local Target. I like it so much because it blends perfectly with my skin tone. I am African American with dark skin and warm undertones (MAC NW50) and I have a hard time finding foundations/powders that don't make me look ashy or dead. I wear it in Earth Dark. I have yet to find a foundation that suites me so I usually use the Iman cover cream concealer on any blemishes that I have (I love this product also and I find that I works better than any of her foundations) and then use a kabuki brush to apply the loose powder. When I do this my skin looks even and natural. It blends so well you cant tell I'm wearing makeup. I also like the fact that it feels light and with good skincare and doing weekly clay masks it does not break me out unlike the MAC Studio Fix Powder. I love Iman and I love this product :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Now that it's hot, I prefer lighter makeup, so most days I just use this powder (earth dark) and concealer (earth dark) on my trouble spots. It's light enough not to melt off or streak when I sweat and pigmented enough to give a nice even finish to my complexion. It is a little reddish which fortunately works for me as I tan. In the winter I only use this to offset makeup that is too ashy or yellow-based which is why the little pot has lasted a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. The packaging is perfect as you can control how much to turn out of the dial. Unfortunately, this product made me break out with little bumps on my face. I think it may have been the cornstarch in it..maybe my skin doesn't like it. The color match was also perfect but I couldn't deal with the breakouts which started within days of using this product oh well .. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by leeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I switched from Bare Minerals because an ingredient (bismuth oxychloride, found in most mineral makeup) made my skin itch/burn really badly. I love this product. I get all day wear without getting oily or having to touch up. I'm an Iman Cosmetics customer for life.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the sift top for this powder but it a) broke me out and b) even in the deepest shade was not dark enough for my skin. I think the corn starch is what caused the breakout but so this is a definite "no" for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know a lot of people swear by Iman cosmetics and I would be too but for me this was not a good powder for my skin. Mind you I wash my face off every night and I usually do it in two steps. One I use either a wipe or a cleansing oil and the second step is using a regular cleanser to get rid of the excess oils. For some reason I don't wear Iman makeup that I purchased a while ago and for some reason I decided to try it again. I used some concealer and used this setting powder to set it. After the day was done, I washed my face as normal. When I woke up, I noticed about seven inflammed acne on the lower part of my face. To say I was horrified is an understatement. Right now I am using a zinc-based cream to bring the cystic acne to a head and dry it up. It is a slow process but it is working so far.

The plus side is that you can dispense how much you need and less waste of product. This is not travel friendly unfortunately. The lid has a tendency to come loose and ruined purse lining (well not really). But if you have a more resistant skin, feel free to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Unvalli

After doing my research I found that reviewers voted Maybelline mineral powder as the best drugstore dupe to Bare Essentuals matte mineral powder ( which I love!). I was sadly disappointed when I went to Target and found Maybelline doesn’t make mineral powder for "darker skinned" women.. Luckily I came across the Iman collection. I was skeptical at first because the packaging lists her product as a Semi-loose powder "enriched with minerals", not mineral powder. But I decided to give it a try and I loved it! I wore it for the first time at a night club, where I sweated 90 percent of the time. My makeup remained FLAWLESS! My oily areas remained under control and I maintained a professional make-up look the entire night. Applied with my Kabuki brush the make-up came on light, coverage was great and it blended very well. MATTE FINISH AS WELL! A definite recommendation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder. I can control how much to use, depending on my look. It goes on smooth, and does not dry out my skin. It also gives me a subtle, glowy, dewey look. No breakouts, and my skin looks really pretty. Holy Grail!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this would have been a good product for me if I would have bought the right color. I wear earth 3 in the stick and cream to powder and I bought the earth medium and it was too light and too yellow, even though I like yellow undertones, I heard that the earth dark was "too red" but I've never tried it myself, but this is really light and would be a good way too set your makeup.