November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eyeliner - MAD Minerals Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by harunaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this mascara but not "love" it. But this is sooooo good and it doesn't smudge AT ALL. I wear contacts and my eyes are constantly itchy and I always rub the corner of my eyes, and it doesn't smudge! Also it lasts soooo long, about more than 8 hours and I don't even use primer. (I ran out of my UD primer potion.. This is sooo sad)
It's really pigmented and easy to apply. Just remember you need to you a decent eyeliner brush to apply this perfectly. Angled brush is the best. When I first started using gel eyeliners, I used cheap-greasy-unbranded brush I found at the mall and it just doesn't work at all. Smudge everywhere.
So, since especially this products doesn't come with brush, I highly recommend you to buy a decent brush before when you decide to buy gel liners.
Overall, I like this, but it's on my 2nd since I love my Wet N Wild gel liners. I'm a big fan of gel liners but since I can't afford Bobbi Brown or MAC, this and WNW are my options but they're so great! I will use this as an emergency for my WNW gel liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAD minerals gel liners, for their long lasting quality, intensity, and for the fact I can put them on my water line. This color is a dark brown one, and goes beautyfully with any daily makeup. I use this one a lot and really happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you're on the lookout for no smudge, long lasting dark brown gel liner, this is it, ladies. On my dark skin this shows true dark brown, which is what I'm looking for and the best part is no smudge on my oily lids . I even use it right under my waterline and no smudge, no fadding whatsoever. This gel liners from mad is absolutely awesome, for the quality itself, I say the price is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chocolate Mousse is just as much a staple eyeliner color to me as black. The shade goes on smooth, soft and pigmented...and stays that way on me. The color is matte brown-black after applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I actually got my Indelible Gel Eyeliner from JW Cosmetics since it was the cheapest (factoring in shipping prices). I have Chocolate Mousse, Black Cherry and Tanzanite. So far I've only tried Chocolate Mousse.

The Indelible "Gel" Eyeliners (there's nothing gel-like about these) are a smooth, cream liner in a small pot that will probably last me forever. They're easy to load onto the brush, apply smoothly (as long as you have enough on your brush) and are easier for me to apply than a pencil style liner for some reason.

I'm an eyeliner neophyte and still shaky in my application, so there was a learning curve using this liner. First I put way too much on my brush (I used a Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush from Target) and couldn't get a nice, neat line to save me. I had splotches and smears and it looked bad. But I expected that since I'm new to eyeliner. It took me a couple of days to realize it wasn't just my beginner's eyeliner skills that were the problem and that I needed to put less on my brush. After that, I tried using a lot less and ended up with too little. It started out smoothly enough, but within a couple of millimeters of line, it started to putter our. Eventually, though trial and error, I figured out how much I needed to use and now I'm very happy with the results.

Chocolate Mousse appears to be a rich chocolate brown in the jar, but once it's on my eyes and dried, it's a very deep brown that's almost black. Like dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I like that. It's not as harsh as black but can still be dramatic (because I really only wear eyeliner when I want that dramatic look). I thought about buying Blackout, too, but having seen the color Chocolate Mousse dries to, I don't think I'll need it.

PROS: (1) smooth, soft texture; (2) a little goes a long way; (3) inexpensive considering how little you need to use (just make sure to shop around for the best deal as these are carried by several online stores and prices vary quite a bit ranging from around $8.99 or so--it's possible you could find it cheaper--to almost $13 and up); (4) rich brown color is versatile and less harsh than black.

CONS: (1) if you're like me, there may some trial and error in figuring out how much liner to load your brush with; (2) you'll need an eyeliner brush, making these less convenient than a pencil or liquid liner with an applicator; (3) not truly "indelible" on me--I had some issues with smudging, but only because I have eye allergies and tend to rub my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by anne2112

I really like this. The colour is not too dark nor too brown, but just perfect. Looks natural. Also it is really easy to apply even when you have never tried gelliners before. I use a MAC 266 brush and have no problems controlling the thickness of the line.

The staying power of the is great, but it might be a bit difficult to smudge the line.
Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by VeryAroma

This is a great gelliner! I prefer gelliners to eyeliner pencils or liquid liners, because I find them easier to work with, more pricise and look gorgeous.
For as long as the mad minerals liners will go, the prices are extremely reasonable.
The packagig is lovely.

This liner in particular is a dark matte brown which is really beautiful - my lashes appear thicker and it is not as hard as black.
But be careful - this liners last very good, but they are not blendable or smudgeable at all.

edit: I took a lippie off, because I use the Bobbi Brown gelliner now and it is better. It lasts longer and applies smoother. Still this is a good product and for the price it is great. I recommend this, if you want to try gelliners and for colours, you don't use so much. Then it is not worth spending so much money on BB or MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these eyeliners!! I have black cherry, chocolate mousse and peacock. Chocolate is the one I always reach for. The texture is so smooth and light, I also use and angled brush to apply it goes on so smooth. I love the dark brown it's a very rich color, I have tried some brown el that just look matte and drab. The price especially if bought on sale is a total steal compared to MAC or Stila!! The lasting power on this one seems to be much better than blach cherry and peacock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chocolate Mousse is a dark brown-black color with a fairly matte finish. Normally I prefer more of a medium brown eyeliner and at first I was worried that this would be too dark and too harsh for an everyday look for me. (I have blue eyes, blonde hair, and very pale skin.) However, this color has really grown on me and now I usually wear it a few times a week! It can still be fairly subtle if applied in a thin line close to the lashes, or apply more thickly for a dramatic look!

In general, all of these gel liners are a great quality. I prefer to apply them with an angle brush, but a flat liner or thin eyeliner brush would also work. All the ones I've tried are very long-lasting, the only way to take them off is with eye mu remover!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by feeyona_

This comes in a cute little jar that looks small, but there's lots of product in it! The colour's a deep dark brown, almost black and it goes on very smoothly. It's totally indelible and stayed on my lids all day even though I used it without primer! And my lids get oily easily, but this eyeliner is like utterly budge-proof. Plus it's really cheap, I got it for $8.99. Love it to pieces!