Clinique Supermoisture Makeup

3.4

Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, evening primrose oil, peg-10 dimethicone, cladosiphon okamuranus extract, olive fruit extract, cranberry fruit extract, birch bark extract, aloe leaf water, cholesterol, sodium mannose phosphate, trehalose, tocopheryl acetate, sorbitol, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, lecithin, trihydroxystearin, lauroyl lusine, dimethicone/peg 10-15 crosspolymer, zinc stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, laureth-7, triethoxycaprylysilane, dextrin, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [iln32599].

on 9/12/2014 9:57:00 PM

I found a perfect shade for my very light skin, it is 02 #Linen, it looks extremely natural on me, even outside in natural light. You know, they all look very nice in the stores, but not in natural light on the street. So this one is the most natural looking I ever used, under any lights!!! I have pretty dry skin and this doesn`t dry it out, not when you apply it, and not hours after. I can hardly see that it is on my face, and that is what I wanted. Just sheer coverage to give a little bit of smooth effect. Oh, and the glitter in it, I can`t see them at all. People mentioned you can see them more in the sun, I don`t know that yet, but so far this looked amazingly natural and un-noticeble on the street, at home, in the restaurant, etc. Great product for my dry skin, I use a good moisturizer under it, and it never dries it out, not at application, not hours after...:-) Also, does NOT settle into PORES to make them larger! BIG thumbs up!!! Huge color selection too.. For me it is on the cheaper side for the $20-something... :-)))

on 8/1/2014 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

over all this wasnt a terrible foundation. it is wonderful for people with dry skin. the only killer for me was the shimmer. TONS of micro shimmer. and with all of my acne scars, that doesnt fly..

This product is very good for people that have dry skin and want a light coverage. I like to use this foundation only in the summer as I would usually go for a medium to full coverage foundation. I love the finish this foundation gives when I don't use a primer.. When I use a primer this foundation is TOO dewy, it looks like your sweating.. I find this foundation to be over priced and for the price I would have liked a pump. The packaging is very basic and cheap looking.

on 5/23/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

When i first started using Clinique products i wanted to love them so badly! But this was only my first disappointment in a long list. As well as very dry skin i have psoriasis and although this says supermoisture, my skin didn't feel moisturized at all! It caked instantly and Clinique dont do a shade that caters to pale or light skin so it was very noticeable. For my dry skin i use Clinique moisture surge intense and a cheaper brand like No7 or Loreal who have the right shade for a pale gal and my skin feels just as moisturized without having to spend extra! :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have skin that tends to break out when it gets dry so using a hydrating foundation is very important to me especially in the colder months. I really like how this make my skin feel it is very similar to a tinted moisturizer so it felt very soothing putting this on my dry skin and made me feel comfortable all day which i loved the only problems I have with this foundation is it is quite sheer I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation that I like to keep covered up and this I found did not last very long on my face even with primer underneath but the biggest problem I had with this foundation is the glitter in sunlight it is quite noticeable and embarrassing I feel like I outgrew face glitter in my teens. All in all it is a decent product but for the price there is so many better products out there to choose from.

on 3/12/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have purchased this a few times, using it over the years. Having very dry skin, finding a medium coverage foundation has been a big challenge. This foundation is thick, and doesn't cling to dry patches.

I just hate the finish it gives my skin. It does not have a "skin" look when applied. It just doesn't look very natural. It's not cakey, even if you apply a lot, but it just doesn't look very good. (I realized this after looking through photos of myself)

Because it is good for dry skin, I purchase it just to mix with some better quality foundations to add a bit of moisture to them. I have mixed with my MUFE HD, to make the MUFE foundation less dry. (only out of neccessity because my skin is SO dry, and I haven't found anything that adds moisture like this does. Like I said, I really don't like the finish it gives) MUFE leaves a great natural finish to skin, but the formula is too dry for me to use alone.

It also has quite a bit of glitter in the formula. I didn't mind that much in my 20's, but really HATE the overall look now that I am in my 30's.

on 2/26/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my second time buying this foundation. I took a few years break to try, try, try but came back. This is a light to medium coveage. Better than tinted moisturizer but not full coverage. Easy to blend as it is consistency of a lotion. Good for dry skin, leaves a glow. This winter has been extremely cold so my skin has been extra dry. This feels better than most foundations. The shimmer in make up is what makes the glow you get. I wear this in winter, indoors and can not notice sparkle on my face. It's too cold and no sun outside so I can't say if I would look too glittery in natural light. Some shades do appear to have a bit more shimmer than others. I like the look though. I have in shade ivory 04. Not too much, just a bit of glow to give more dewy finish rather than matte. I am a fan again. I wish it was cheaper. But drugstores have been getting pricier every year.

on 2/14/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I personally don't see any difference between this foundation and a BB cream because it is a very light foundation one can use it everyday in every occasion. Because it is light, it doesn't provide a full coverage but I think it is a real good thing as it will not scare off any first timer. I found the consistency is pretty good, not too runny and very easy to apply evenly (again, because it is very light). You don't need a foundation brush to spread it out on your face. I felt as if I was applying a thick moisturizer or a sunscreen.

It is really a stapler!!

on 10/29/2013 4:49:00 AM

I have been using this makeup for over 2 years now. It's really light and spreads nicely. Looks really natural and feels great on my dry skin.

on 9/20/2013 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

While I love the dewy finish foundations like this, I find they are hard to use because you need to set them with powder to them stay on so then you will loose the dewiness anyways. I prefer foundations that I dont need to set with powder, like Clinique superbalanced fluid. My skin is normal and I find that if I wear this moisturizer it is way too greasy and I need way more powder. So I tend to use this without any moisturizer underneath and then it is okay. I think the coverage is more than tinted moisturizers, but I dont think this lasts long on the skin without powdering and then it looks just like any other foundation. I am tempted to go and get the superbalanced version again so I can skip the powder.