April 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this a few times, using it over the years. Having very dry skin, finding a medium coverage foundation has been a big challenge. This foundation is thick, and doesn't cling to dry patches.

I just hate the finish it gives my skin. It does not have a "skin" look when applied. It just doesn't look very natural. It's not cakey, even if you apply a lot, but it just doesn't look very good. (I realized this after looking through photos of myself)

Because it is good for dry skin, I purchase it just to mix with some better quality foundations to add a bit of moisture to them. I have mixed with my MUFE HD, to make the MUFE foundation less dry. (only out of neccessity because my skin is SO dry, and I haven't found anything that adds moisture like this does. Like I said, I really don't like the finish it gives) MUFE leaves a great natural finish to skin, but the formula is too dry for me to use alone.

It also has quite a bit of glitter in the formula. I didn't mind that much in my 20's, but really HATE the overall look now that I am in my 30's.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second time buying this foundation. I took a few years break to try, try, try but came back. This is a light to medium coveage. Better than tinted moisturizer but not full coverage. Easy to blend as it is consistency of a lotion. Good for dry skin, leaves a glow. This winter has been extremely cold so my skin has been extra dry. This feels better than most foundations. The shimmer in make up is what makes the glow you get. I wear this in winter, indoors and can not notice sparkle on my face. It's too cold and no sun outside so I can't say if I would look too glittery in natural light. Some shades do appear to have a bit more shimmer than others. I like the look though. I have in shade ivory 04. Not too much, just a bit of glow to give more dewy finish rather than matte. I am a fan again. I wish it was cheaper. But drugstores have been getting pricier every year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I personally don't see any difference between this foundation and a BB cream because it is a very light foundation one can use it everyday in every occasion. Because it is light, it doesn't provide a full coverage but I think it is a real good thing as it will not scare off any first timer. I found the consistency is pretty good, not too runny and very easy to apply evenly (again, because it is very light). You don't need a foundation brush to spread it out on your face. I felt as if I was applying a thick moisturizer or a sunscreen.

It is really a stapler!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by abluesgirl

I have been using this makeup for over 2 years now. It's really light and spreads nicely. Looks really natural and feels great on my dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While I love the dewy finish foundations like this, I find they are hard to use because you need to set them with powder to them stay on so then you will loose the dewiness anyways. I prefer foundations that I dont need to set with powder, like Clinique superbalanced fluid. My skin is normal and I find that if I wear this moisturizer it is way too greasy and I need way more powder. So I tend to use this without any moisturizer underneath and then it is okay. I think the coverage is more than tinted moisturizers, but I dont think this lasts long on the skin without powdering and then it looks just like any other foundation. I am tempted to go and get the superbalanced version again so I can skip the powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Recently I have been havng issues with my skin in that the area around my eyes has become red, dry, sore and irritated. I have always had sensitive skin but have never experienced any problems with regards to what I put on my face. Anyway, I originally thought it must have been something to do with my eyeshadow, so I went to bare minimum make up, just eyeliner and mascara. However, the problem still persisted, so I came to the conclusion that it must have been something I was reacting to in my foundation. I had only been using MAC and Bourjois foundations, but I was recommended to Clinique by a friend who suffered with similar sensitive skin issues. The main reason why it is good for me is because it is hypoallergenic, 100% fragrance free and also very lightweight and moisturising. I noticed that my skin started clearing up almost instantly, which was wonderful because my eyes had been so bad. I also like the amount of coverage it gives, its a nice dewy finish and you can build it to your desired amount of coverage. I have it in the shade 02 linen, as I'm pretty fair. It comes in quite a small, hygienic tube which is a fair size as you only need a little to go long way. I'd say the only cons to this foundation are that it can fall off your face a little bit unless you use a decent setting powder. Recently with the weather being so hot this foundation isn't really up to the task of withstanding humidity, leaving me looking a little oily in the face when I normally have very dry skin. It is also not a cheap foundation, it is £22 for 30 ml. Overall though, it is a saviour for my skin, this and the Naked Skin foundations are my current favourites.m Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll start by admitting that I've only been using a sample of this foundation that I got from the Clinique counter.

The lady gave me the sample in the teeniest little pot and I nearly laughed out loud because I thought she was being really stingy and it would only last one or two applications. However, when using this, one of the first things I noticed was that 'a little goes a long way'...you hardly need any of this product to cover your face ( or at least I didn't).

The foundation feels thicker than I excepted and is lovely and smooth to touch.

I have found it to be good for my dry skin because it gives a finish that is dewy enough so you can powder without it being too dry (something I have huge issues with), yet you can wear it without a powder and does not look too shiny. (note: I always use a primer). Yes, it does have a little bit of sparkle in it when you look close, but it is not over the top. It just gives a lovely glow!

Also, staying power. This is not a foundation that is marketed as long wear, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that, when used with my primer underneath and powder over the top, this foundation lasted for my entire shifts at work (7 hours) and beyond! That is comparable to my revlon colorstay foundation (for dry skin), only it gives a more dewy finish, does not require as much product to be used and does not dry out my skin (at least I haven't noticed this yet).

All that said, this is still not what I call a 'miracle' foundation. It is one of the best I've tried, but is also the most expensive.

In summary

PROS:
- gives nice glow
- not greasy/too shiny
- good for dry skin
- only need to use a little product
- pretty good lasting power
- did not irritate my skin

CONS:
- not good if you don't like a dewy glow
- would not be good for oily skin
- reasonably expensive

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by harneet11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and used to suffer from eczema, i tried this product and it was the worst thing that i have ever used on my face. I applied this to my cheeks ans straight away my face turned red and it even made my face appear more dry than it originally was, my face was not dry or red before i applied it either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by isina91

I LOVE this foundation! I have normal to dry skin and i was on a hunt for a dewy foundation (especially for summer time)! It's really light weight and pretty sheer even though it is buildable! I don't have major problems with my skin a part frm my dryness! It has some sparkles but once applied u r left with a beautiful finish! I heard that it is discontinued and i really hope i'm wrong!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Straussie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: hydrating, longwearing, doesn't cling to dry spotsCons: shimmer
"I was given this foundation after my aunt wasn't able to make it work for her, I'm usually a Type 3/4 but recently the skin around my 'muzzle' as I call it has got so dry and flakey it's been hideous.
My first reaction to the foundation was that I'd be looking like oilslick wiithin an hour, but 5 hours in and no excessive oils I was pretty impressed. Even my matte/longwear foundations don't usually last that long.
I like the formula, it glides on nicely with a duo-fibre style brush, and it doesn't streak or go patchy. I usually use a pea-sized amount, so even thought it's alot more expensive that what I'd usually spend on a foundation, I do think it's worth it, and doing my face in the morning takes half the time using this.
I'm not too keen on the amount of glitter in the formula, but once you've powdered, the dewy glow is a little more subtle. Love the staying power, it only requires a few touch ups during the day, but I guess that's to be expected when it's not typically for your skin type.
Overall, very pleased with the product, but I feel as the weather warms up it may be a short-lived love affair as the dryness in my skin will disappears with the rising temperature.
Overall, love this for an everyday foundation & can't wait to try more."