July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Treatments (Face) - Korres - Wild Rose Brightening Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Theodora01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this serum! I use it in combination with the wilde rose face cream for dray skin and it really makes my face brighter and it offers non-greasy hydration (at least to my normal skin). I have been using them together for almost two years.
I also love that I can use it on eyes so it feels like I offer two layers of moisture to my skin.
The packaging is really great, helps not to make a mess and control the dosage -one pumping is all I need.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by gidigr

I got this serum as part of a gift set I received for my birthday. I wasn't keen on serums before, as I generally try to avoid overloading my face with product (propably becaude of having had acne at 21).
I eventually tried the serum, and was very happy with it! It is not sticky, as others I've tried, doesn't cause a breakout, and I never feel too oily in the end of the day, as had happened with another serum I tried before. My skin feels "happy".
It's a great natural product, particularly for the ages between 25 and 30, that still don't need heavy, anti-aging cosmetics!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After running out of Cliniques "Even Better" moisturizer for oily + combo skin I decided to try this as a daily moisturizer. I was told the brightening component would help with my acne scares and it certainly has. I notice the hyperpigmentation has faded on my cheeks, but not as quickly as it did with Cliniques moisturizer. The smell is lovely, and it gives significant moisture for my super oily skin during the winter. I would give it a four out of five if it did anything for around my eyes. Sadly it doesn't, and I need to use an eye cream for moisture. Also it doesn't help brighten any of the dark circles. I think it's a nice product, there is better out there, but for the price it's nice. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

I got a sample of this serum. Consistency is typical for a serum, quite liquidy. The scent is strong at first but doesn't linger long. Seems to hydrate but what I absolutely can't stand is the greasy look post application. Fades after awhile but until then it's unbearably unpleasant for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by chrissie8809

I added this to my skincare routine 2 months ago & already love it enough to write a review!
Im always super skeptical towards product claims, & this is no exception...but it works well. My skin appears a little brighter and fresher, & the density has improved. Usually everything makes me break out but not this, which is awesome :-)

For reference, Im a dry/combination NW15 & use this serum in the morning, underneath a miosturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by danai

First of all,I should talk about my skin type: moderately oily, prone to hormone and stress related acne, fair and thin enough for every little problem to turn into an obvious deep red spot that stays there for weeks. It doesn't help at all that I am unfortunately a compulsive picker, when facing stressful situations. One of my constant and ongoing challenges is to keep my skin clear of imperfections, even small ones, as, for the reasons above, the smallest little pimple can escalate into a red mark on me.
So this product here was not exactly first on my wishlist, even though it's designed exactly for my age (I'm 29). I'm usually oriented towards products that promise to keep skin matte and acne at bay. However it came as part of a Korres kit that was on sale, so there was no reason not to try it.
I don't think I've ever been more pleasantly surprised with a skincare product. Within the first week of using it (once a day, along with my normal cleanser and anti-acne lotion from La Roche Posay) my skin started to clear up impressively. At first I thought I was just going through a good hormone period. But the effect continued. Then I assumed it was because of another cream I had a sample of that I had started using. But eventually I finished the sample, and my skin was improving instead of going back. I finally figured it was this serum. Of course my skin also looks more glowy and smooth, but for me this comes with clear skin anyway. I've been using this for about 40 days now, and I have no intention to stop. I have the clearest skin I've had in ages and I'm really pleased with that.
Also I should add it's very convenient to me, as you don't need a seperate eye cream with this; it works very well as one.
It is an expensive product of course, even though I have managed to get it for relatively cheap until now (purchased the same kit again just for this serum, gave the rest of the contents away). But when the times comes that I have to pay full price for this, I'll be more than willing to. I would recommend this to anyone, at least in my age group.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by mmtt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had a bad reaction to it. Tried it three separate times over the course of 6 months, each time the itchy red bump would appear sooner.
Pros: nice fragrance, not too matte/not too shiny.
Con: sensitive skin types beware.

Really wanted to like this, but didn't work out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I didn't see any change in my sun damage or acne scarring. I used this every evening until the bottle was gone and it was ineffective. I gave it two stars because it didn't cause any acne flare-ups and worked well as a basic nighttime moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a brightening serum, I didn't experience much brightening at all. On the plus side, this serum has a nice texture, not heavily siliconed or runny; it sinks in quickly and didn't break me out. It comes in a sturdy plastic pump bottle that's opaque to protect the ingredients. However, it has a very strong old lady rose smell and it's expensive for what it is and what it does. If you just want some highly fragranced moisture, this might be for you. But don't expect miracles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this product. I have dry, incredibly sensitive skin and mild to moderate rosacea. This is a quick and effective way to calm my face down after a shower, or a stressful day. Within minutes, the flush has gone, and my skin feels hydrated without feeling heavy. Rosaceans, the Wild Rose line is great for us girls who need a shot of Vitamin C, as this helps soothe and protect our skin barriers. The scent is delicate, subtle, and pretty, and has not irritated my face whatsoever. I do think it makes my skin brighter when I use it. I feel it's a nourishing, appearance enhancing serum. My other favorite way to use it is as a primer beneath my makeup.

I have detracted one lippie because of the cost; $41 for 1.01 oz is steep! However, the only skin product that works even better on my skin is Chantecaille's Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask, which costs a whopping $79 for 1.7 oz. (It's amazing; I snagged a sample tube on eBay for something ridiculous like $13, lol.) As of right now, the Korres is more affordable for me!