October 24, 2014 | 1753 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil Shimmer - Pink Splash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm confused if Pink Splash is similar to Pink Pool...
anyway, i got Lancome Pink Splash subtil shimmer blush & i LOVE it.
it's a bit pricey IMO but so worth it. it cost me RM105. Sleek & elegant black packaging with a mini blush brush inside. the brush is surprisingly soft & great for touch-ups. in the pan, it looks like a shimmery pinky color. i have always shy away from pink blushes because i thought pink blushes would never suit my yellow-toned tan skin. boy was i wrong. this pink shade is awesome for tan skin. the lasting power is good too. it looks really shimmery in the pan but it's luminous & glowy when applied on the cheeks. this is a great pink color for tan skin.

UPDATE: i wish it last long as NARS blushes..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 4:42:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I am in Europe and this blush is part of the fall/winter collection 2007 called "Mystery Game". After doing some research and comparing pictures I am pretty sure that it is VERY similar or even the exact same blush as Blush Subtil Shimmer - Pink Pool. I believe Pink Splash is the European version of the Pink Pool blush.

Now on to the review. The color looks strawberry Barbie-ish pink and VERY shimmery (hello disco ball!) in the pan. It looks like it would be too shimmery for everyday wear. However, that is not the case at all! The blush is very pretty once applied. It is not over the top shimmery at all! The microglitter is very fine and looks beautiful on the cheeks. You can wear it any time - day or night.

This blush gives me a "just got in from the cold" look. I usually apply it with a skunk brush. The lasting power is pretty good. The blush has a light scent but it is a scent I like. And more importantly the scent is not overpowering. I like the classic packaging and the brush that comes with it is not all that bad.
The only downside with this blush is the price which is on the hefty side.

Honestly the quality is not as good as NARS and Shu Uemura but still this blush is a keeper. I would definitely repurchase if I ever use it up.

For reference: I'm a pale blonde with blue eyes. Normal to dry skin. Non-sensitive skin.

continued >>