July 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Medicated Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Works really well but it smells like mosquito oitment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely in my top 3 of all of the Burt's Bees Lip Balms that I've used. I'm guilty of using it more than the recommended amount, but it works like nothing else. I have extremely dry and chapped lips, so this is my miracle product, especially during the colder months. I'm not crazy about the scent, but I don't mind it. I do like the tingly sensation it has from the clove oil, it makes me feel assured that it's working. The price isn't bad at all considering that it's effective and all natural, I'm really looking forward to trying out more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm before I tried this one, and they're both great, but I feel like I like this one more! The Beeswax one left my lips a bit more tingly than this one does. This lip balm (Medicated one) does such a good job at moisturizing my lips and I don't even have to reapply that often! I've seen some people complain about the smell, but I like it a lot, and also the smell does tend to stay on your lips, so I think that if you are going to purchase this, you really, really need to like the smell. What drew me to The lip balm was that it didn't have any petroleum in it. I don't like petroleum anywhere near me (except my eyelashes at night) because it creates a film on the skin, kind of like baby oil (aka mineral oil) does, and it soaks up the rays of the sun. Why do you think people put on baby oil when they go tanning?! *DiamondsAndHeels14 has a video on this called "why should you avoid wearing lipgloss in the Summer" where she explains what petroleum and mineral oil does.* But all in all, the ingredients in this are great, I believe the price is good (about 3 dollars I think?), it moisturizes my lips for a long time, the actual product lasts a long time and this is pretty much my Holy Grail lip balm, one of my stapples! I would of course repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by physicalscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite of the Burt's Bees line.

Pros:
really moisturizing
nice texture
subtle smell
SPF

Cons:
Melts in pockets pretty easily

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

Although this lip balm healed my chapped lip, I prefer the faster alternative like Burt's bee mango butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by paigemm

One of the best lip balms I've ever bought. I've been stressed out lately, and the winter weather was not helping. My lips were so cracked and uneven before buying this product that I felt like it was beyond repair. After using it for a week, I noticed my lips were more supple and able to retain moisture better. They were completely healed and I would definitely buy this product again.
I wish I could give it 4.5 stars, because the clove scent does not smell pretty to me. I'm not used to it, but if it gets the job done, then I'm all for it! It doesn't smell chemical-like, which I love, so it doesn't bother me. This is definitely one of the best Burt's Bees products they have.
I'll definitely buy again if my lips are in need of an intervention since this product is for lips that really need help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

I've been getting odd irritation on my lips off and on for the past few months. My old standbys to remedy this weren't working anymore, so I grabbed this balm today. I love the smell of clove. It reminds me of Christmas ribbon candy and clove cigarettes. So buyer beware - if you hate the smell, this isn't for you!

It's already made my tight, itchy lips feel more comforted and moisturized. Even my husband can't stop using this stuff because of the lovely scent. Hopefully it'll do great things for my kisser and my hubby won't steal it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Shnoox

I LOVE this stuff, seriously. During allergy season and in the winter I get killer sores on the corners of my mouth. I slap this stuff on and the next day they're GONE. I know it smells like cloves but personally I don't mind.

It is my go-to lip balm. I always have it on me and I haven't had the same experience with other lip balms. In fact, talking about it makes me want to go put some on now...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

This is my go to lip balm, I use it every night at bedtime and during the day if I'm not wearing lipstick or lipgloss. Keeps lips moist and crack free!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by milyaksaysmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

- SMELL: I really can't stand the smell of this lip balm, and the fact that the smell can be transferred to other surfaces (i.e. the rim of the glass I'm drinking).

- USER FRIENDLINESS:The one other gripe I have about this product is that the cap sometimes takes a little effort to remove, especially as I have short nails all the time.

- EFFICIENCY: However, it does moisturize my lips extremely well and thus preps it excellently before I apply my lipstick. So in short, it does what it's supposed to do but I would much rather that the smell be taken down a few notches.

- COST: Price-wise, I pay S$8 for it. For comparison purposes, a Lip Smacker is S$4.90, a Maybelline one S$4.90, and a Body Shop 'Born Lippy' balm is S$8.90. Considering it contains natural ingredients, I wouldn't say the price is ridiculous.

- LONGEVITY:I use it on and off so I can't really comment on that.