April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kerm33

I swear to god, this is wonderful. I think all the time I will just make my own cleansing oil. but after a week of this, I'm afraid another brand would not give me these results. I use all kinds of things, and still have a major blackhead problem... And i have a line coming up on my 30 yo face right under my eyelids. I mean i have more than one line, but there's this one that makeup creases in and I HATE it. I swear, I think it's fading away. AND, i still am working on my blackheads, but I bought this and Philosophy Hope in a bottle for congested skin, at the same time. And I don't know which, or a combination of the two. That line is fading, and my blackheads seem to not be as bad, and they come out easier.

This isn't a wash to keep in the shower, you just use a little and rub it around for awhile. If I do decide to use it as my morning cleanser, I'll put it on and rub it, then when I shower and bathe, I scrub it off with my clarisonic(mia, I went the cheaper route(It helps with dry skin flakes for me). I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I love using this oil cleanser, in fact my two favorites would be this one and DHC. They're both very similar products, if you like DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil you'd probably like this too.
Provides and extremely thorough and gentle cleansing. After rinsing I like to follow up with a foaming cleanser. This double-cleansing method has been working very well for me, I feel like my skin has never been cleaner or looked better. Oil cleansing just cleans the pores and loosens up clogs better than anything else IME.
I'm not crazy about the packaging though. It's just a bottle with a twist-off cap. So you either have to pour the product out very carefully or buy a pump that Origins sells separately. For the amount they charge I think the pump should be included.
Also this cleanser has a very slight pine-y scent to it. It doesn't bother me but I'd like it better if that scent wasn't there.
All in all, despite my minor complaints about the packaging and the scent, this is a definite repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MrsSana

This is great a cleanser that leaves my skin very clean and bright.
As i don't use make up a lot, I mostly use this to just prepare my skin for putting on Clarins Lotus face treatment oil before going to bed.

It is really good for a facial. I apply this on my face at night and massage for 10 minutes before rinsing of with water. During the face massage, I can feel dead skin cells coming off my skin and skin becoming smoother. Perfect clean canvas for putting on Clarins Lotus Oil which then completely absorbs into the skin.

Will be repurchasing this as long as it suits my sensitive acne prone skin...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not sure of what made me try this cleanser. Sure, I was on the lookout for a cleansing oil, but normally all the extracts and combinations of oils in this would scare me away since I have sensitive and clog prone skin. Somehow I decided to try this and I am happy that I did.

This is my makeup remover. I use 3-4 pumps of oil on dry skin and massage it all over. Most focus is put on my eyes and my t-zone where I tend to get clogged pores if I don't remove my makeup properly. I then add a bit of water, massage for a while and then rinse it of. It removes all visible traces of makeup (including mascara and eyeliner). Super simple. My skin feels clean and calm. Not calmer than before using the oil but calmer than after using other makeup removal methods.

I do follow it with a foaming cleanser to remove the last traces of makeup (if any) and to properly cleanse my skin. The cleanser I currently use is the Nivea Daily Essentials Soothing Cleansing Mousse for dry & sensitive skin. I massage it all over my face and then use my Foreo Luna (a sonic cleansing device) before rinsing it off. I end up with skin that feels clean, smooth and not stripped nor aggravated. The two are a great combo and I think I will stick to this routine for a long time.

In the future I might try to make my own version of this using olive oil, maybe some safflower oil and an emulsifier in order to remove any possible irritants and save some money. It is not super expensive, but a DIY would be a lot cheaper.

Ingredients:
Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

Love.

I'm (mostly) over Origins, since they discontinued Birthday Suit. Jerks. But this stuff is pretty awesome. It smells like a facial and it eats the makeup right off your face. It has a fairly origins-esque fragrance but in a good way, like a spa.

You apply it to a DRY face. I have seen some confusion about this. Then you can add a few drops of water and spread it around (I skip this step) and then rinse. There is no lather and the isn't supposed to be.

I have tried dermalogica and Boscia oil cleansers and I still find this one to be the best. It's thick enough that it doesn't slip between your fingers but not so thick that it's hard to spread around. Make sure you get the pump they sell and then you only need about 1.5 pumps to clean an entire face of make up.

I have monstrously dry skin (thanks to retina micro - worth it) and mild, hormonal rosacea and this works well with both of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first oil cleanser I have purchased. (I had used samples of DHC in the past and really enjoyed it)
I really like this cleanser!!!

First off, the packaging is a little bulky, but nothing off-putting (hey, it stays in your shower, no big deal). You also have to buy the pump separate, which at 4.00 isn't something super horrible, but still that's extra 2.

the product itself is pretty awesome! Has that typical herbal smell to it, but slightly more citrusy. Also has a plethora of oils in it all of which are awesome for moisturizing and detoxifying the skin.

Texture is somewhat of a thicker oil that is SLIGHTLY more difficult to spread. The only time this is cumbersome is when I am trying to remove my eye makeup.

I use this as a daily cleanser (2x a day) I use about 2-3 pumps depending on if I was wearing makeup. It will remove all of your makeup (you may have to spend a little extra time on water proof/long wearing eye makeup bc it doesn't come off terribly easy)

As for cleansing your skin, it is AMAZING. The first time I used it and rinsed it off my pores on my nose and cheeks looked like I had just used a pore strip and my whole face was SO SO SO SO SO SO smooth. I was shocked. It also rinses off cleanly with no residue which I love.

I have acne prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out yet. ( I have purposefully stopped using my acne treatments just to see if this would aggravate my skin and so far so good!)

The only other products I am using with this are Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Moisturizer(for daytime) and the Shea Moisture Problem Skin Moisturizer (at night)

So far, I am really loving this cleanser and see no reason to ever switch back to traditional foamy cleansers that are super harsh to skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff so much. I typically use it at night to remove my makeup. I don't need a moisturizer after. Never had any breakouts from it. Love the clean fresh scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Been using LancĂ´me huile Douceur cleansing oil for years but hated that it contained mineral oil, so I decided to give Origins a shot. Wow wow wow. Fabulous! Very thick oil that removes dirt and makeup well, emulsifies with water, and rinses clean. Doesn't cause any breakouts or clogged pores. On the downside the bottle..though cute, super unpractical. Why no pump??? I tried to order through the phone, and the lady told me that they don't carry pumps???wtf? If I can hunt down a pump I'll repurchase but if I can't, then it's back to my Huile douceur....I mean, it does smell better. Get on it Origins.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by SweetPegss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of this cleansing oil. It was good using this for the first few weeks but after the 3rd week it started to clog my skin a little. The packaging is rather bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Slightly less expensive per ounce than other readily available cleansing oils in the U.S.--namely Boscia, DHC, Shu Uemura and MAC. Not gonna lie, this was a selling point when picking up a bottle. But not only is it the best value, it also does the trick! Two pumps remove all traces of makeup. Rinse. Dry. Then I go for another round because I am fancy. In the second round I also use a dry Olay face brush to help remove dry skin. Rinse. Tone. Moisturize. Yay! I've used many varieties of cleansing oils over the past 8 years... they are my preferred method of face washin'. Origins' doesn't leave a weird film nor does it require a handful of product, and does a great job of cleansing. These three items plus the price and availability make it a home run even if it's not the single best oil cleanser I have ever used in my life. It's simply a great one.

p.s. buy the pump.