July 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Oceana

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a nice shadow but needs to be applied with a base, otherwise it just does not last more than 6 hours. This has decent shimmer and is flattering without looking glittery. It is a little more blue than I expected, but the result is still nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got compliments on my eyes (and on my makeup from my DH) when I wore this on the entired lid, in conjunction with their Smoke e/s in the crease and some highlighting shadows from Mad Minerals. It's a light to medium shimmery, metallic light blue-grey-teal that is unique because it's more blue-grey than teal, but it still has enough teal in it to look "oceany" but not enough to look really green. Normally, light blue or light grey shadows look horrible on me, because I am so yellow-toned, but this one is ok on me. I don't think it's the most flattering color on me by itself, but when paired with something darker like Smoke I liked it more. I also used 7300 from Mad Minerals (which is an metallic light to medium sheer yellow-gold with a iridescent green overlay) blended into the Smoke from Alima, not quite up to the browbone, and then as a highlight on the browbone I used Shell from Alima, which is a light shimmery baby pink. I think these colors helped to balance the blue/grey in the Oceana on me. I will use up my sample, but I don't wear these colors that often so I don't know if I will repurchase. But, due to the compliments I received, I might give it some thought~! I put this on before 11am on a Saturday and it was going strong after 12 midnight the following morning, but I used it wet with a fixative (Fix+) over Fyrinnae silken e/s base. Very silky and blendable used wet with a fixative. I prefer to use the Alima shadows this way to get a great color payoff and also to make them silkier and last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by starlight256

This is a beautiful, shimmery aquamarine color. Depending on the light, it looks anywhere from silvery aqua blue to seafoam green. It looks okay on me, but I imagine it would be fantastic on someone with pale blue or dark brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

One of the most gorgeous, unique eyeshadows I've ever owned. This is a light blue-gray shimmery eyeshadow that has lasted over 10 hours in my lids with UDPP. Reminds me of the NARS Ireland duo. I don't like light blue eyeshadows, but this has enough gray in it to make it wearable. I am NC20-25 with very dark brown eyes and dark hair. Love this! I will definitely repurchase when I run out of this sample.