August 23, 2014 | 1025 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

An amazing powder! I am NC30-35 and colour 30 worked for me. At first I was disgusted with this product as its coverage was so chalky and fake. By the end of the day the powder kind of separated on my forehead - just terrible. So I experimented a little and by using a much, much, much lighter hand for application - just the barest of swipes of the powder with the sponge - I get a natural look. For touch ups during the day I don't even swipe but blot the powder with the sponge instead. Perfect coverage! As for staying power, it is very good and furthermore it hinders the oiliness for me, though I read in reviews below that such wasn't the case for some but for me, good oil control indeed. So anyone who is looking for a great natural-finish powder and relatively good oil control, this is it. Just remember to not load up the sponge applicator with product and you will do great. 2 MONTH UPDATE : Powder is almost finished. I need to inform potential buyers of this product that it actually enhanced my skin condition. I don't know what it is or the ingredient within this powder but my face is smoother and more delicate to the touch when I am bare-faced (I have not gone for any facials these two months and just go by Borgese Fango for skin clarification once a week). Good returns on investment indeed ;) FYI I have sensitive skin with an oily T zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by themindispoison

I love, love, love this. It's absolutely perfect for days when you're short on time (or patience) to do your makeup. I use it on 20, and it's a great match for my skin tone. I don't find it emphasises pores. Its the kind of everyday coverage that makes you feel comfortable wearing it anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product leaves my skin velvety smooth and soft. Everyone compliments it after I use it. The packaging is absolutely beautiful and on top of that it's refillable (European version) and has sun protection. The only problem I have is that my skin becomes oily after 3 hrs if I use it during summer (blotting tissues should help with this issue) however PERFECT all day wear during the cold months. I use #30 which is a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by NingOnline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite compact powder of all the ones that I have ever tried! I opened my fourth one today! - I use #030. It gives just that enough coverage to make your skin look beautifully smooth; you can build up the layers if you want to. Throughout the day it does not oxidise or make me look ill - some do that x.O" I love the packaging; so elegant and slim! The sponge that comes with it is also perfect! It has two sides: a 'soft' side to have a light coverage and a 'normal' side to have more coverage. I also washed the sponge several times, and it lasts longer than your powder does ;). Definitely a recommendation!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great. It reminds me of the old Shiseido powdery foundation that was discontinued. I don't want to spend a ton of time on make-up -- I want quick, easy, efficient and compact. This is it. It offers a perfect match to my light skin tone (020) without being too heavy, greasy or obvious. The natural-looking coverage is somewhat buildable, it features SPF 25, and it never accentuates the flaws in my occasionally dry and flaky skin. A single compact lasts me around four months with one or two light applications per day. Given the overall pluses of this product, I'll likely be sticking with it for a good long time.

Update: They appear to have changed the formula on this one along with the case. I don't like it as much. It seems to be drier than the last formula. Even the color is slightly off. Lastly, a big, huge case is impossible to tote around discreetly. I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jarrah

I love this product, it doesn't give a perfect cover but it's buildable.
many of you guys are complaining about the price!! it's christian Dior!! it would've surprise me if it wasn't $50 LOL

my only complaint is the color range as i have to use so much bronzing to make it look natural
but all in all this product is good

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder foundation but I believe it has been discontinued. It applies smoothly with the sponge that comes with the compact and gives beautiful sheer coverage....your own skin but better. With spf 25 in it, it was really useful to keep in my purse esp while on vacation in Hawaii, for touchups.

My only complaint is that the lightest shade (ivory) was too pink for my skin but the next lightest (linen) only works when I have a bit of a tan.....which I try not to have as tanning is not healthy for the skin.

The replacement product by dior hasn't gotten great reviews, I picked up a Neutrogena powder with spf 20 but the finish sure isn't as nice.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so i recently bought this product and love it! It is incredibly incredibly incredibly sheer (wouldnt label it "foundation") and there probably isnt a whole lot of point in wearing it without a base foundation, unless youre just trying to get rid of shine, but if that is the case, there are waaaaaaaaaay cheaper and just as effective products you can use for that.
The thing that i love about this product is that once it has sunk into your foundation, it gives a lovely "glow" to those more oil prone places, as opposed to your face going shiney and makeup melting off your face. It also doesnt cake IF you need to touch up through the day. It also has spf aswell!
So if you have oily skin, i definately reccomend this product, yes, you will still need to blot, but you will need to do it less frequently, as this foundation copes incredibly well with excess oil production.
Another benefit of this powder foundation is that it doesnt oxidise! I got the lightest shade (which is exactly my colour) and it stayed that colour for the WHOLE day!(and so it should for the price that was on it).
As for the caseing for this product - pure crap. its big and unecessary. (the case has changed, it no longer looks like the above picture) Yes, it Looks lovely but its bulky and just a pain in the ass to carry around, and you pay and arm and a leg for it. The refill (product by itself) is $65ish, however to initally buy the product (case included obviously) it cost just over $90. (Were talking Aussie prices btw). So in my opinion - dump the expensive case and put this great product in an appropriate generic looking clam shell (like the above picture), and help us save a dolla!
So all in all, dont know if i will repurchase, may or may not. I will se how long this product lasts. However if you dont mind,spending the better half of $100 on something that is more of a really super awsome finishing powder, i strongly suggest this product.
But if you're looking for a sheer compact powder foundation, i wouldnt reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mariyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent powder.

At its sheerest, it often a beautiful, natural coverage, which can easily be built up to medium/full coverage. However, the higher the coverage, the more apparent the product becomes on the skin. All in all looks great on the "natural" side as well as the "done-up" side.

Like any powder the does accentuate any flaky dry skin, so mositurizing and priming are essential.

Overall a great product! Expensive but worth it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

This looks good for about an hour after it's applied. Then if you have oily skin, the oil breaks through and reapplying leaves your face looking like it's coated in flour. Also, I have never had so many clogged pores! It doesn't give my acne, but I do get a TON of those little white bumps everywhere (clogged pores).

That being said, I would recommend this under one circumstance: pictures. I took my cheer team pictures wearing this and they looked good. There's really no way to wear this long term (at least if you have skin like mine).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No