December 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Powder - Dior - Diorskin Forever Compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hadn't used a compact foundation in many years when, while travelling, I decided that my holiday makeup was in need of some extra fixes. Being a huge Dior fan I purchased this one. I applied it over my liquid foundation to give it staying power.

Pros
- Good color selection (as compact foundations tend to have) even though the Dior Forever liquid foundation is not a match for my pale skin.
- Did help to keep my liquid foundation in place
- Not that this matters to me at all, but the packaging is nice. It did, however, chip on the edges a bit. Whether this was down to poor care while travelling or poor package design remains unclear.

Cons
-Expensive
-I did not find myself using this very frequently at all. For that reason, I probably won't repurchasing this - or any other - compact anytime soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this when I purchased Forever Flawless fdtn. Returned fdtn, but kept the compact. I so wanted to be able to wear this because of its quick and easy application. A durable sponge is included in the compact. Swipe here, swipe there, and fdtn is applied. I'm all for saving time in the morning during my morning routine.

I have dry skin, and found this to be drying. It also highlighted pores near and around my mouth, but in all fairness, a powder compact is not recommended for dry skin. This would be a good choice for one with oily or combo skin. Coverage is very good~evens skin tone, and covers imperfections. Finish is soft and pretty.

Selected shade 030. It's too light for my skin tone, but the next shade up is too dark. My usual issue with Dior fdtns.

I wear this on occasion when I make an emergency run to the grocery store, gas station, etc.; however, will not repurchase. I didn't return the product, but did put it to good use.

Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25 is packaged in a sleek mirrored compact case.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Applies quite well on my sensitive skin, it gives a natural finish, but you still need to conceal dark circles etc before using this but it does not last for the whole 8 hrs on the t zone but overall satisfactory.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by KrystineVu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, its provides good coverage, it is finely milled, it stays on my face all day (except for my nose). However I do think that there are drugstore compact powders that perform as well as this, so you dont really need to splurge 50$ on this powder unless you're a Dior lover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

An amazing powder! I am NC30-35 and colour 30 worked for me. At first I was disgusted with this product as its coverage was so chalky and fake. By the end of the day the powder kind of separated on my forehead - just terrible. So I experimented a little and by using a much, much, much lighter hand for application - just the barest of swipes of the powder with the sponge - I get a natural look. For touch ups during the day I don't even swipe but blot the powder with the sponge instead. Perfect coverage! As for staying power, it is very good and furthermore it hinders the oiliness for me, though I read in reviews below that such wasn't the case for some but for me, good oil control indeed. So anyone who is looking for a great natural-finish powder and relatively good oil control, this is it. Just remember to not load up the sponge applicator with product and you will do great. 2 MONTH UPDATE : Powder is almost finished. I need to inform potential buyers of this product that it actually enhanced my skin condition. I don't know what it is or the ingredient within this powder but my face is smoother and more delicate to the touch when I am bare-faced (I have not gone for any facials these two months and just go by Borgese Fango for skin clarification once a week). Good returns on investment indeed ;) FYI I have sensitive skin with an oily T zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by themindispoison

I love, love, love this. It's absolutely perfect for days when you're short on time (or patience) to do your makeup. I use it on 20, and it's a great match for my skin tone. I don't find it emphasises pores. Its the kind of everyday coverage that makes you feel comfortable wearing it anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product leaves my skin velvety smooth and soft. Everyone compliments it after I use it. The packaging is absolutely beautiful and on top of that it's refillable (European version) and has sun protection. The only problem I have is that my skin becomes oily after 3 hrs if I use it during summer (blotting tissues should help with this issue) however PERFECT all day wear during the cold months. I use #30 which is a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by NingOnline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite compact powder of all the ones that I have ever tried! I opened my fourth one today! - I use #030. It gives just that enough coverage to make your skin look beautifully smooth; you can build up the layers if you want to. Throughout the day it does not oxidise or make me look ill - some do that x.O" I love the packaging; so elegant and slim! The sponge that comes with it is also perfect! It has two sides: a 'soft' side to have a light coverage and a 'normal' side to have more coverage. I also washed the sponge several times, and it lasts longer than your powder does ;). Definitely a recommendation!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great. It reminds me of the old Shiseido powdery foundation that was discontinued. I don't want to spend a ton of time on make-up -- I want quick, easy, efficient and compact. This is it. It offers a perfect match to my light skin tone (020) without being too heavy, greasy or obvious. The natural-looking coverage is somewhat buildable, it features SPF 25, and it never accentuates the flaws in my occasionally dry and flaky skin. A single compact lasts me around four months with one or two light applications per day. Given the overall pluses of this product, I'll likely be sticking with it for a good long time.

Update: They appear to have changed the formula on this one along with the case. I don't like it as much. It seems to be drier than the last formula. Even the color is slightly off. Lastly, a big, huge case is impossible to tote around discreetly. I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jarrah

I love this product, it doesn't give a perfect cover but it's buildable.
many of you guys are complaining about the price!! it's christian Dior!! it would've surprise me if it wasn't $50 LOL

my only complaint is the color range as i have to use so much bronzing to make it look natural
but all in all this product is good