Dior Diorskin Forever Compact

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide 11.7%, Octinoxate 6% and Oxybenzone 2%. INGREDIENTS: mica, boron nitride, silica, ethylene acrylic acid copolymer, dimethicone, silsesquioxane crosspolymer, methylemthacrylate crosspolymer, nylon-12, stearic acid, caprylic triglyceride, magnesium stearate, phenyl thrimethicone, alumina, PEG-10/15 crosspolymer, methylparaben, sorbic acid, agar, lauroyl lysine, aluminum hydroxide, butylparaben, parfum, alumininum dimpyristate, dipropylene gylcol sodium dehyroacetate, BHT, sodium citrate, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, cintronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, coumarin, tocopherol.

on 7/31/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is probably my fourth Diorskin Forever Compact, and if I compile a top ten list of best powder foundations, this is definitely near the top. I tend to rotate my foundations and generally have a few going at a time. I have minimal makeup looks and looks for photography. If I used this daily, it wouldn't last long, and at $52 it's pricey, so I tend to save it.

Coverage is light but flattering and realistic-looking. As long as you have a good color match (mine is the lightest, Ivory 10), it gives you a nice finish, a smoother look, without becoming a mask. I use a light hand with application. I use the sponge but I don't cake this on, and you can use a brush instead. This is a lovely finely milled powder. It doesn't dry me out but also doesn't feel heavy or - God, forbid - moisturizing.

It has an SPF rating of 25. I wouldn't count on it to protect me from heavy sun. But it's probably sufficient for normal commutes and errands. I love the convenience of powder foundations on weekends when you have to pop in a few stores but don't want the hassle of the morning beauty regimen you'd endure for work. You want to look neat and polished but don't necessarily require the amount of makeup you'd wear to work or a formal event.

In general, powder foundations aren't the best for dry skin or mature skin, especially in harsh daylight, and I still think a well-formulated liquid foundation is the most flattering for most skin types. However, THIS powder foundation is more forgiving than most. It blends into the skin nicely and doesn't accentuate fine lines, and it doesn't emphasize flaky skin as much as most powders. When I use Retin-A Micro, which causes your skin to peel, I have to be careful about that.

This foundation feels great on bare skin, as if I'm not wearing anything at all. I always like the way Bare Minerals looks but it feels heavy to me and gets shiny so quickly. I really prefer Diorskin to that. The "halo pearls" give you that glowy look, but Diorskin is weightless. If you have oily skin, be aware that Diorskin is not a flat matte finish. It has "halo pearls." Although you can touch up your powder foundation during the day, I actually prefer to use a translucent blot powder (mine is from MAC) to touch up. It absorbs oil without adding coverage. This particular Dior powder is lightweight, like Stila's Illuminating Powder foundation, so touching up with this is okay. However, Chantecaille powder foundation (which I also have) is fuller coverage and would feel thick if I constantly used it to control shine. I am a fan of MAC Studio Fix powder foundation, but I don't cake that on either. I use blot powder to touch that up as well.

I loved my Forever Compact when I was staying in a hotel and needed to run down to the lobby or to the restaurant for a quick breakfast but didn't want all the drama of full-coverage foundation. It improves the look of my complexion without appearing that I am getting lots of cosmetic help.

Usually, though, I wear my powders, even my powder foundations, over some kind of SPF or primer or tinted moisturizer, or sheer coverage foundation, which gives you more coverage and control and tends to be better for photographs.

There is a hint of fragrance and I'd prefer a total absence of fragrance, but it's just a trace. My skin is very sensitive and I'm able to wear this. However, I'd prefer that it be a fragrance free powder.

All in all, this is a great little compact. Tried and true. I have bought it several times over the years and would buy again based on product performance. However; I am shifting my purchases toward companies that have cruelty free policies and Dior doesn't. (Neither does MAC.) So the next powder foundation I buy will probably be Urban Decay's or Jane Iredale's.

on 12/17/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hadn't used a compact foundation in many years when, while travelling, I decided that my holiday makeup was in need of some extra fixes. Being a huge Dior fan I purchased this one. I applied it over my liquid foundation to give it staying power.

Pros
- Good color selection (as compact foundations tend to have) even though the Dior Forever liquid foundation is not a match for my pale skin.
- Did help to keep my liquid foundation in place
- Not that this matters to me at all, but the packaging is nice. It did, however, chip on the edges a bit. Whether this was down to poor care while travelling or poor package design remains unclear.

Cons
-Expensive
-I did not find myself using this very frequently at all. For that reason, I probably won't repurchasing this - or any other - compact anytime soon.

on 12/14/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Purchased this when I purchased Forever Flawless fdtn. Returned fdtn, but kept the compact. I so wanted to be able to wear this because of its quick and easy application. A durable sponge is included in the compact. Swipe here, swipe there, and fdtn is applied. I'm all for saving time in the morning during my morning routine.

I have dry skin, and found this to be drying. It also highlighted pores near and around my mouth, but in all fairness, a powder compact is not recommended for dry skin. This would be a good choice for one with oily or combo skin. Coverage is very good~evens skin tone, and covers imperfections. Finish is soft and pretty.

Selected shade 030. It's too light for my skin tone, but the next shade up is too dark. My usual issue with Dior fdtns.

I wear this on occasion when I make an emergency run to the grocery store, gas station, etc.; however, will not repurchase. I didn't return the product, but did put it to good use.

Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25 is packaged in a sleek mirrored compact case.

on 10/23/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Applies quite well on my sensitive skin, it gives a natural finish, but you still need to conceal dark circles etc before using this but it does not last for the whole 8 hrs on the t zone but overall satisfactory.

on 9/20/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder, its provides good coverage, it is finely milled, it stays on my face all day (except for my nose). However I do think that there are drugstore compact powders that perform as well as this, so you dont really need to splurge 50$ on this powder unless you're a Dior lover.

on 6/15/2014 9:30:00 PM

An amazing powder! I am NC30-35 and colour 30 worked for me. At first I was disgusted with this product as its coverage was so chalky and fake. By the end of the day the powder kind of separated on my forehead - just terrible. So I experimented a little and by using a much, much, much lighter hand for application - just the barest of swipes of the powder with the sponge - I get a natural look. For touch ups during the day I don't even swipe but blot the powder with the sponge instead. Perfect coverage! As for staying power, it is very good and furthermore it hinders the oiliness for me, though I read in reviews below that such wasn't the case for some but for me, good oil control indeed. So anyone who is looking for a great natural-finish powder and relatively good oil control, this is it. Just remember to not load up the sponge applicator with product and you will do great. 2 MONTH UPDATE : Powder is almost finished. I need to inform potential buyers of this product that it actually enhanced my skin condition. I don't know what it is or the ingredient within this powder but my face is smoother and more delicate to the touch when I am bare-faced (I have not gone for any facials these two months and just go by Borgese Fango for skin clarification once a week). Good returns on investment indeed ;) FYI I have sensitive skin with an oily T zone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this. It's absolutely perfect for days when you're short on time (or patience) to do your makeup. I use it on 20, and it's a great match for my skin tone. I don't find it emphasises pores. Its the kind of everyday coverage that makes you feel comfortable wearing it anywhere.

on 12/14/2013 1:26:00 PM

This product leaves my skin velvety smooth and soft. Everyone compliments it after I use it. The packaging is absolutely beautiful and on top of that it's refillable (European version) and has sun protection. The only problem I have is that my skin becomes oily after 3 hrs if I use it during summer (blotting tissues should help with this issue) however PERFECT all day wear during the cold months. I use #30 which is a perfect match.

on 10/23/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favourite compact powder of all the ones that I have ever tried! I opened my fourth one today! - I use #030. It gives just that enough coverage to make your skin look beautifully smooth; you can build up the layers if you want to. Throughout the day it does not oxidise or make me look ill - some do that. I love the packaging; so elegant and slim! The sponge that comes with it is also perfect! It has two sides: a 'soft' side to have a light coverage and a 'normal' side to have more coverage. Definitely recommended!

on 6/27/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is great. It reminds me of the old Shiseido powdery foundation that was discontinued. I don't want to spend a ton of time on make-up -- I want quick, easy, efficient and compact. This is it. It offers a perfect match to my light skin tone (020) without being too heavy, greasy or obvious. The natural-looking coverage is somewhat buildable, it features SPF 25, and it never accentuates the flaws in my occasionally dry and flaky skin. A single compact lasts me around four months with one or two light applications per day. Given the overall pluses of this product, I'll likely be sticking with it for a good long time.

Update: They appear to have changed the formula on this one along with the case. I don't like it as much. It seems to be drier than the last formula. Even the color is slightly off. Lastly, a big, huge case is impossible to tote around discreetly. I won't be buying it again.